Post Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:30 pm

HELP! Tough subwoofer decision

For a couple of years now I have been trying to save up enough money to get Sunfire's flagship sub. The most recent iteration looks most impressive and I like the changes they have integrated. Then I ran across a brand caled Definitive, and I must state the specs are nice.

Definitive Supercube Reference: (larger sub in the center photo)

The SuperCube® I & II have set new performance standards for high-output ultra-compact subwoofers. With the new SuperCube® Reference, Definitive sets new performance standards for subwoofers period! The Reference incorporates a 14" version of the 10" SuperCube® Technology driver pressure coupled to two 14" infrasonic radiators. All this is powered by an 1800-watt class D amplifier. The result is astounding high-definition bass performance extending effortlessly down below 11 Hz. Each SuperCube® Reference goes lower than and has dynamic impact and output capabilities almost equivalent to that of four SuperCube® subwoofers combined. Slam, pace and rhythm are exemplary as is the ability to actually shake cement slab foundations. A complete complement of inputs and controls, including continuously variable level, high-pass, low-pass and phase controls, speaker and line level in and out, and LFE Direct in, are included on this surprisingly compact and stylish cube. The SuperCube® Reference will be available in piano-gloss black or golden cherry. Available Now!

Dimensions: 16-3/4" W x 16-3/4" D x 16-15/16" H
Frequency Response: 11 Hz — 200Hz
Driver Complement: One 14" long-throw subwoofer coupled to two 14" infrasonic radiators
Built-in Amplifier: 1800 watts Digitally-Coupled Class D Amplifier
Low Pass Crossover: 24 dB/octave continuously adjustable variable (40 —150 Hz) plus Unfiltered LFE direct coupled input
High Pass Crossover: 12dB/octave continuously variable (40 — 150hz)
Speaker level: 6 dB octave (80 Hz)
Finish: Piano gloss black or golden cherry
Weight: 111 lbs.
Suggested Retail: $1699

What do you think?
Attachments
Definitive Subs.jpg
Definitive Subs.jpg (6.39 KiB) Viewed 197 times
Big Nate from Chicago