FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:15 am

Where can I buy Carver Platinum Amazing Terminal Cups?

<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:05 am

Where can I buy Carver Platinum Amazing Terminal Cups?

Please let me know where can I buy the replacement terminal cup for the Platinum Amazing Speaker? The Platinum Amazing I am looking to acquire looks great with the exception of the broken speaker binding post terminal cup in one speaker.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:21 am

Re: Where can I buy Carver Platinum Amazing Terminal Cups?

megasat16 wrote:Please let me know where can I buy the replacement terminal cup for the Platinum Amazing Speaker? The Platinum Amazing I am looking to acquire looks great with the exception of the broken speaker binding post terminal cup in one speaker.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I got the same ordeal with my Platinum's - With time that cheap thin Plastic can bust all to hell,,,,Did you by any chance just win yours off the bay??? I seen that pair with broken post cup! I just monkey rigged my speaker and have yet to fix of replace it too....
OH WELCOME and enjoy!!!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:27 am

I know that some members on here have replaced the plastic cup with an aluminium plate that will last forever. They actually have some anodized aluminium plates available online in several colors including black, blue and gold.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:18 am

There is no direct replacement available. As they are junk anyway, that's no loss. The metal plate choice is the best idea.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:00 pm

Thanks everyone for sharing your carver knowledge. It sucks there is no replacement for the easiest replaceable part. Well, the anodized aluminum or metal will works for me too. Any suggestion on where to get the metal plates?

The speaker I am looking to acquire is from eBay and I've done business with him before and the purchase went well for me last time. I am sure it'll be another good deal this time around.

Thanks again!
James
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:41 pm

megasat16 wrote:Thanks everyone for sharing your carver knowledge. It sucks there is no replacement for the easiest replaceable part. Well, the anodized aluminum or metal will works for me too. Any suggestion on where to get the metal plates?

The speaker I am looking to acquire is from eBay and I've done business with him before and the purchase went well for me last time. I am sure it'll be another good deal this time around.

Thanks again!
James

Here is a good place to start:

http://www.parts-express.com/wizards/se ... N=84035033

Unfortunately the seem to have stopped carrying the gold and hot pink anodized plates.
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.

Return to Carver Speakers