FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:47 am

Somebody Tell Me Stereophile Review About Amazing is a Joke!

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Re: Somebody Tell Me Stereophile Review About Amazing is a Joke!

I do read reviews and enjoy them. I don't take them seriously. On the "buy" sites, either everyone is giddy or pissed off. Even worse, the "expert" reviews seem to be mostly written by people who are 19 or homo.

I need to call it a night.
OconeeOrange
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:42 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:I do read reviews and enjoy them. I don't take them seriously. On the "buy" sites, either everyone is giddy or pissed off. Even worse, the "expert" reviews seem to be mostly written by people who are 19 or homo.

I had the good fortune to share a dinner table at a private club with a highly respected audio reviewer not long ago who happens to be gay. He also happens to be quite intelligent and extremely knowledgeable about all things audio. I'm sure that if you had the chance to sit down and chat with the man, you would not have displayed your ignorance as you have done.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:28 am

A quote from another thread "A component review is always and at best only a road sign along the way. It is not the destination."

Caveat lector.
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers