It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Amazing Bass speakers

<<

slonar

Post Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:59 am

Re: Amazing Bass speakers

Here is the thread
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1516&start=195

Nothing new since december, I would probably buy a spare set of original woofers myself if this group buy works out
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 am

I still have the need for 8 of them. Sounds fine for now though...
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:12 pm

Well, I called Orevox because my beloved cat (hanging by her neck) just scratched on a foam surround on a Brand Spanking New Speaker that was very recently replaced.

There was a lady who took the call and said that the Price is $45 each. I said it used to be $35 but she insisted that was long time ago. Heck, I am so piss with my Putty Cat now.

Do you guys know about this price jackup?
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:37 pm

Use to be $25.00, then $35.00, so now it's $45.00. Still cheap in my book and where else are you going to get one?
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Amen. Count your blessings that they are still available. Think about it for a second. $45 bucks is still cheap for a driver comparatively speaking. Not to mention, if you didn't have a sub woofer supplier, all of Bob's crossover technology and R&D he put into these speakers would be of no use to you and most all Carver speakers would be parted out. Screw that! Sure you could find [maybe] an acceptable replacement but would it sound the same?

Would you be willing to take the chance?

IIRC, it's taken 3 or so years to go up ten bucks. Yeah it's a bitch but look at the alternative. ](*,)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:09 am

Thanks Guys! I am not complaining about the increase in price of the peanuts. $45 a 12" woof is way more than fair in any book these days. But I wanted to confirm it with the group here since some people seems to be holding off to be part of a group buy?

I don't know the group buy is going to happen or not but if you wait longer, chances you'll probably end up paying more or not even have a chance to buy one. Seems that the Economy is going bad and a chance Orevox may not be there tomorrow. Refoaming the original ones cost near that much so why hassle anyway?

My problem is my kitty kat scratched off a new one that was replaced a few days ago. I bought my 2nd pair of Plat IV and it came with 4 new ones that need to be installed in place of the old rotten woofers. So, I installed them and didn't put the grille back on since my cat seems attracted to it. But this afternoon, she ran wild for some reason and just did the godforsaken act right in front of my eyes. What a pain to see. With a heavy heart Orevox may not have the replacement in stock, I called them right away to confirm the availability and the price. They are not too far away from me so I can just go and pickup in person.

I am thinking to buy 5 or more since it's good to have spares for the two pairs I owned. And I'll be laughing when someone calls next time and it went up to $55 or more. \:D/
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 am

What a pain to see.

I feel for ya there.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:17 pm

I need at least one replacement for my Silvers and will buy more if there is going to be a "group" buy.

Anyone working on that or should I just go straight to Orovox?

FrankieD
<<

elshout

Post Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:47 pm

I would be in on a group buy. Mine are still good, but it has been 17 years.

Scott
<<

jimw

TFM-6cb

Post Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm in for eight of them if it happens.

Mine look/sound perfect but I wouldn't mind doing a little preventative maint.
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:47 pm

I would also be in for 8. =D> =D>
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers