FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:11 pm

Carver Amazing Platinum MKIV on Fleabay!

<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:27 pm

Carver Amazing Platinum MKIV on Fleabay!

No affiliation to the seller and too far away from me.

Too rich for my cold blood also...

For some guys wanting MKIV....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Carver-Amazing-Loud ... 7C294%3A50
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:07 pm

Re: Carver Amazing Platinum MKIV on Fleabay!

$1,875! A little high you think?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:14 pm

treitz3 wrote:$1,875! A little high you think?

Just a tad Tom! I seem to remember similar ones going for around the $1400 range
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:34 pm

$1875 with Best Offer Option so I think the best reasonable offer may be accepted by the seller.

But it'll probably works best for a local buyer or the buyer close to the guy as shipping and crating could be another 300-400 easy.

I paid my first Platinum (not MKIV) a lot less and found it local. Well, the 2nd one wasn't too local though but it's MKIV and still a lot a lot less. :)

But being offered by the 1st owner and made in 1992, it still has a lot of life left to enjoy for the next guy who appreciates it.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:18 pm

I ust noticed that custom made wooden shipping crates are included in that price
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:36 pm

OBI56 wrote:I ust noticed that custom made wooden shipping crates are included in that price

Yeah! You are right. The price includes crate already so only Freight fees now. =D>
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:09 am

Read carefully; I don't think the seller meant to include that in the price....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Read carefully; I don't think the seller meant to include that in the price....

I've re-read it 3 or 4 times Gary, he does state the following:

Shipping crate--I had a special crate made for each of these when I moved from Seattle to Oklahoma. Shipping company charged us $900 for the crates (I know robbery but the University paid for it). They will be bubble wrapped then placed in this custom made crate.
Each speaker weighs 112 pounds each and with the crate each speaker weighs 160 lbs each.
With custom made crates to insure safe travel.
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:28 pm

That guy can BITE mt white ass at that price . An additional 550.00 $ to ship to my door . Even at a local pick up I would offer 1200.00 at the most . :roll:
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:54 pm

Steve,

I would consider $1200 a very reasonable offer. But again, the people like us in the Carver forum do have a good taste for a very good piece of gear but simply have a habit of wanting it cheap. :D

I think $1200 bucks for MKIV simply conquers any speaker 5 x the cost of it hands down. I like both my Plat MKIV and the Plats (not MKIV)very much and they are going to stay with me for a very long long time.

I think the savings you made in the first class speaker like ALS goes to the amplifications it requires to breath. All my amps cost me more than my ALS unfortunately. :shock:
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:08 pm

megasat16 wrote:Steve,

I would consider $1200 a very reasonable offer. But again, the people like us in the Carver forum do have a good taste for a very good piece of gear but simply have a habit of wanting it cheap. :D

I think $1200 bucks for MKIV simply conquers any speaker 5 x the cost of it hands down. I like both my Plat MKIV and the Plats (not MKIV)very much and they are going to stay with me for a very long long time.

I think the savings you made in the first class speaker like ALS goes to the amplifications it requires to breath. All my amps cost me more than my ALS unfortunately. :shock:

And I agree whole heartedly.....!!!!! But I stand firm . Maybe its because of the location im in , (northwest)......I have several opportunities to purchase ( and still do )to buy those and others from original owners in mint condition ( cheaper ) . Maybe I was a bit harsh about the white ass thing , my bad . 8-[
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:28 pm

stevewithrow wrote:But I stand firm . Maybe its because of the location im in , (northwest)......I have several opportunities to purchase ( and still do )to buy those and others from original owners in mint condition ( cheaper ) . Maybe I was a bit harsh about the white ass thing , my bad . 8-[

No harsh at all. I think $1200 is very reasonable and far surpassing the cost of my Plats. I think the seller knows the fact that his Plat MKIV are priced way too much so he leave the item running for a month and has best offer option for it.

But I would need to listen to it closely if I have to shell out $1200 for it.

We in the west are not very fortunate to find them in mint condition but I was fortunate enough to find two. \:D/ 8)
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:43 pm

Another issue also is the condition of the Subs, not to mention the ribbons. I also bought a pair of new Plat.#4 about the same time and went through the expense of replacing the woofers last year due to surround rot. Woofs not a big deal, 3 or 4 hours of labor and about $250 in cash, but still a factor. Ribbons a much greater expense, if neccessary. #-o
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:20 pm

Say you wanted buy them and have them shipped. You'd have to have crates made.....might cost $500.00 or so. In that light, his asking price isn't that bad.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

clockdocto

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:15 pm

Just a quick note. I asked the seller about the woofer condition. He said they were originals. Also noted that he did not post my question. Perhaps he did not like my second question about were the surrounds rotting. Buyer beware here, I believe applies.

Return to Carver Speakers