OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:31 pm

Re: CLASH OF THE FLAT GIANTS

stevewithrow wrote:
OBI56 wrote:
stevewithrow wrote:
pole-dancing-pole-11-22-2006.gif.jpg

Stevewithrow, WHERE did you find that??? I've been looking for that for the past 3 months as a present for my favorite Pole. Both he and his sweetie would pee their pants when they got this!

http://www.blavish.com/peekaboo-pole-dancing-pole/

Sorta figured you'd know EXACTLY where to find this!!! Still, $120 is kinda steep for me right now but might actually be worth it just to get a rise out of them. Thanks man!
Why let facts or common sense get in the way of your opinions.
<<

stevewithrow

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:42 pm

I Google stuff all the time , its funny with what you can find.......!!!!!! But im not in the market for a pole , but on the other hand would make a great gift...!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 6:59 pm

I love my ALS Silvers. I can't imagine anything else replacing them.

I have heard several ML's and they are O.K. at best but (sorry Dreamer) in NO WAY compare to a set of Carver ALS given enough clean power & properly set up.
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:32 pm

frankieD wrote:I love my ALS Silvers. I can't imagine anything else replacing them.

I have heard several ML's and they are O.K. at best but (sorry Dreamer) in NO WAY compare to a set of Carver ALS given enough clean power & properly set up.

Frankie, if you heard your Silvers in a Best Buy showroom, i'm sure you would be more than underwhelmed too. Aklso note that the series of ML speakers that are sold at Best Buy (Magnolia) is NOT the same as those sold at ML dealers and are by and large not electrostatics, but 2 or 3 way ribbon tweeters; a very far cry from even the Sources or Scenarios
<<

audiophile101

TFM-55

Post Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:36 pm

The ML's at my Best buy are in fact the lower line of electrostatic panels. Even at best buy they sound good but done correctly ML's can be pure enjoyment!
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:18 pm

I've heard ML's at best buy & agree they are not the best example. I have a friend who has a set of the larger ML's. I don'r know the model but they are laid out like the ALS III with a sub on the bottom & e-stat panel above. They are about 6' tall and do not lean back. He was driving them with a class "A" Bedini amp. They sounded really good but still not as impressive as my Carvers, especially the bass.

I also heard Dreamers "little" set of ML's at the fest and I'm guessing Rich didn't have then "dialed in" as they sounded very harsh & in fact drove myself & another Carverite out of the room.

That being said, I am in no way trashing the ML's I just think (if room permits) the ALS are better and available for considerably less money.

Just my .02
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Frankie, the ones your friend has are called "Sequels"...they are VERY similar to the AL-IIIs in design/appearance.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:34 pm

megasat16 wrote:
Scarabeo wrote:60" Plat's Ribbons!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Fricken massive room filling JOY

Damn Scarabeo, Your the door speakers really makes my Plats Tiny. :D

If you ever want to move out of your room, my house needs the door and I am only about 45 minutes away from you.

Turn up the volume when u listen. LOL

45 Minutes??? You should stop over at some point and give the "DOORS" a Listen - I even play the doors on em! I keep meaning to add a sunfire sub with them. My Plat's get the ear around here the most BUT I hear sounds and instruments on them Iv never heard on my Plat's just they lack the bass...

I will be selling one pair or the other soon -- Don't need both the "DOORS" and the Plat's,,,Its a hard one but getting a good sub may tell me the ones to keep.
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

megasat16

TFM-25

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Scarabeo wrote:45 Minutes??? You should stop over at some point and give the "DOORS" a Listen - I even play the doors on em! I keep meaning to add a sunfire sub with them. My Plat's get the ear around here the most BUT I hear sounds and instruments on them Iv never heard on my Plat's just they lack the bass...

I will be selling one pair or the other soon -- Don't need both the "DOORS" and the Plat's,,,Its a hard one but getting a good sub may tell me the ones to keep.

I am not sure I am right but I recall you are in Palm Spring? If you ever wants to get rid of one, let me know and I'll definitely invite myself to your home.

I don't know how other Plat owners feel but I don't think Plats lacks any bass when used with the proper amplification.

Thanks for the invite and I am looking forward to it one day soon. :)
<<

Scarabeo

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:08 am

The sub would be for the door's not the Amazings and YES I love the Bass on my Platinum's, Tuning them with the right space from the wall and just inside the wall corner add's the right punch!

My time will free up soon and Ill let you know so you can check em out and bring your best ear....

I am just down from Palm Springs in Palm Desert and it would be a blast to get some one else input on the two.
\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ =D>
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...
<<

tfm75

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:35 am

Um I'm just down the road so to speak. Would love to get a listen. Give me a PM!
Between FrankieD and I we have logged in over 12,000 miles going and coming from Carverfest's. Don't let the miles in between play with your mind. Get over it, jump on a plane get to the fest and have a great time !
<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:06 am

Hi Tim, long time no read. Plats all the way for me. All I'll ever want in a speaker. Where's Mr. ML? Figured Dreamer would be all over this one.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:25 am

as the owner of a set of AL Silvers, 2 sets of Original ALS, a set of ALVs and my bastardized ALIIIs I cast my vote for the Amazing Carver Ribbon....in any of it's forms.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:41 am

Here is one thing to think about regarding hearing the ML's at Best Buy.....Remember this piece of garbage that said Carver on it? Anyone want to guess where it was available?........

To quote Mr. Forrest Gump on this matter..... "that's all I have to say about that!"

Rainman
Attachments
CT-26.JPG
CT-26.JPG (15.38 KiB) Viewed 239 times
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

OBI56

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:29 am

Rainman wrote:Here is one thing to think about regarding hearing the ML's at Best Buy.....Remember this piece of garbage that said Carver on it? Anyone want to guess where it was available?........

To quote Mr. Forrest Gump on this matter..... "that's all I have to say about that!"

Rainman

Yes, the CT-26v was a Chinese made unit (note the rounded ends on the display window, typical of every bad product to carry the Carver label and be sold at Best Buy)
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Speakers