FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:26 pm

Need help for carver amazing

<<

skip

aka (Sasquach)

Post Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:36 am

Re: Need help for carver amazing

I've got Plats and drive them with a pair of Silver 9t monoblocks. My dream amp for them is one of Bob's new 180WPC tube monoblocks as shown in the picture Rabbit posted above. I've had the pleasure of listening to those amps hooked up to my Plats and it is truely sonic heaven.
Sasquatch
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.

How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
<<

h2oskiwme2008

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:19 am

I have the exact same amazings you have, upgraded originals. I have a C-1 preamp and a Carver M4.0t amp pumping out 375 watts per channel. It's still not enough. I have 2 M1.0t amps that I want to have upgraded to MkII. That should do the trick.
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Get The Silver 9t blocks. Do a rewire with some high quality heavy hook up wire and replace those crappy posts. That's all you need. I guarantee nothing under ten grand will touch them. I was thinking about Martin Logan Summits but still wondering if I could hear the extra six grand sound wise,especially in the bass ranges. The last piece in the puzzle is dedicated sound room. I seen pictures of these things in someones front room close to the walls on hardwood floors. Sound great???,never going to happen. If you don't like the idea of buying off Ebay try Audiogon. I have nothing but success with that site. I've seen Silver 9t's on there from time to time. I like the idea of calling the person up and doing a bit of bargaining as opposed to bidding. Talking to someone will give you an idea of just how much the person knows. If your planning to get these speakers where they should be for under a grand it's just not going to happen. Don't forget some decent wiring. I don't avocate taking out a second mortgage for some interconnect and speaker wire but you should have something fairly good.Again only my opinion I'm sure there will be those who disagree. Art
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:16 pm

I have been driving mine with a TFM-75 since new. A match made in heaven. Just remember to move them out from the back and side walls. They need plenty of room to breathe to sound best. http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 ... G_3171.jpg
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:15 am

Very nice setup Don.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

docadillac

TFM-25

Post Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:23 pm

Those are a great looking pair of speakers!! =D> =D> =D> =D> The other guys have posted on the amps but I think I would go with a Sunfire. Good bass output and they don't run out of gas as the speakers get louder.
<<

erniejade1

TFM-35

Post Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:10 pm

I have the original not upgraded runing on a sunfire sig II @ 625 X2. Now for me, I get better sound 2 feet from the corner, close to the back wall. Every room is different.

With the Sig, I have run out of room in power but, your amazing are a little more efficient then mine are.

When I realy want to rock out and just go for pure volume, I hit the 4 polk sda combo LOL.
<<

elshout

Post Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Hey H2Odoctor, you must read my recent post.

http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=9116

Scott
<<

H20doctor

Post Tue May 14, 2013 10:18 pm

hello everyone ... im back and resurected this thread.. i lost this web site for along time and i couldnt find it at all for some reason ?? but i found it and im here once again..

so here is what i have powering my Amazings.. But its not enough JUICE... So here is my next question that i have
Should i just buy another Pm 1.5 ? and run them in Mono

Or should i get 2 of the M 1.0T ?

so there is my question for you experts .. I like this set up but its not loud enough
Also due to the rareness of the 7 and 9t amps that is not an option or in my budget for me..

carver amps.JPG
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed May 15, 2013 4:07 am

If you don't mind the fan noise, the PM 1.5 bi-amped will do the trick. Also easiest on the pocket!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:03 am

kingman wrote:If you don't mind the fan noise, the PM 1.5 bi-amped will do the trick. Also easiest on the pocket!

I'm pretty sure bi-amping is not an option on the Upgraded Original speakers....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

H20doctor

Post Wed May 15, 2013 2:52 pm

TNRabbit wrote:
kingman wrote:If you don't mind the fan noise, the PM 1.5 bi-amped will do the trick. Also easiest on the pocket!

I'm pretty sure bi-amping is not an option on the Upgraded Original speakers....

what do you mean ?
<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed May 15, 2013 3:53 pm

H20doctor wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:

what do you mean ?

You can't biamp with single binding posts....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

eddielee

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:39 am

I need a pair of 48 " Carver shipped to Australia. Are they still available ? Can anyone help please.
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:11 am

Contact either Dave S. or Toymaker here on the forum.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
PreviousNext

Return to Carver Speakers