It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:30 pm

Binding Post Mess

<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Binding Post Mess

Art,

To me $20.00 a pop isn't that bad, but I understand where you're coming from because most of it is the crazy shipping cost.

I'm thinking for that kind of money you could probably have a local machine shop with a CNC router or water jet make you 2 new ones from aluminum. How cool would that look!?!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:05 pm

Another thing too is I won't keep the binding posts that come with them. I'll be pulling those out and replacing them with the top of the line Cardas like I did on my original speakers.
<<

PDR

TFM-45

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:20 pm

Art..... What was that wire you used to re-do the Originals.....have a link?

Perry
<<

tah800

TFM-25

Post Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:56 pm

Perry ,I got the Cardas hookup wire from Parts Connexion in Ontatio. The thickest they had was 11.5 guage. I've discovered another place called Percy Audio, percyaudio.com
that has 9.5 guage. It's $3.50 a foot american. The drawback is he's out in California. I found the 11.5 a little thin so the guy who did it for me doubled the strands for each connection. The 11.5 is the thickest the Parts connexion in Canada has so I might bite the bullet and order the 9.5 from California. Doubling each strand was a bitch of a job.If you can throw for the good Cardas binding posts. You won't regret it. If you compare them with the ones in you're Originals you won't believe the difference.P.S. connexion isn't mispelled it's the way the company spells it. I imagine you'll do all your own work since you build a lot of your own stuff. Wish you were closer I sure could use a good man with a solder gun. Something I wouldn't go near.Art
Previous

Return to Carver Speakers