Carver Speaker Discussions and Questions
- Posts: 1315
- Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:59 am
- Location: Great NorthWest.....Carver Country..
I scanned the best I could , enjoy.....
- Posts: 1076
- Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 10:40 am
- Location: North Carolina
Thank you. I did!
- R.I.P. Friend
- Posts: 13360
- Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:53 am
- Location: TN Native Languishing in VA
From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.
Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)
RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"
- aka (Sasquach)
- Posts: 1870
- Joined: Tue Aug 29, 2006 3:47 pm
- Location: Gaston, S.C.
Great read, thanks for posting it.
TnRabbit's Assistant Official OCCD Enabler.
How long a minute is, depends on what side of the bathroom door you're on.
- SILVER-7 TUBE AMP
- Posts: 3010
- Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:00 am
- Location: Bucyrus, Ohio
skip wrote:Great read, thanks for posting it.
Thank you for posting the article, it was a great read.
For those of you who have these speakers, hear them with Lightstar. The bass extension and dymanics are AMAZING!!!
Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.
"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:16 am
WOW!!! Great read!
Thanks for posting the article!
Makes me proud to own a pair!
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:52 pm
- Location: Santa Cruz Mtns.
I still have that issue of Stereo Review!
I bought my ALS's because of that article.
I was auditioning speakers at that time, looking at Polks, Kef, M&K, Klipsch, etc. That SR issue showed up in the mailbox, I read the ALS article, I went to shop for a listen, TRTSIH.
I hope you find me patient, humble and un-pretentious,
because I have to WORK VERY HARD AT IT!
- Posts: 492
- Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:17 pm
- Location: Bolingbrook IL
Great read!!!!! Thanks for sharing it with us!
- (pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs
- Posts: 6381
- Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:10 pm
- Location: Upstate South Carolina
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!