FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:23 pm

Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2011

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:17 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2011

Toy Maker wrote:Just spoke to Tim @ Watershed, and he has verified that Cabins 11 and 12 will have their own independent DSL WiFi
THANK GOD... It only took 5 years ](*,)

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:34 am

Re: Oh, Chit!!!

treitz3 wrote:
hewlew1 wrote:Treitz3, Have not heard from James yet, and I called him shortly after we spoke today. I have a question. Is there any laundry facilities near by need to know for my packing list? Thanks, Harry
Each cabin has their own laundry, just like at home.....damn, you know what? I do not believe anybody but Tom and Tom [not me] have stayed at a Treehouse and I can not confirm that they actually have a laundry room, regardless of what the website says. Crap. A question that I don't know how to answer....

Worst case scenario? You may do laundry in my cabin [It's in my room, so nobody else will bitch....it's not like they are paying the electric bill]. Your cabin and mine are at the top of the hill, about a 1/16 of a mile away from each other on relatively flat terrain.

The Treehouses do have a Washer/Dryer in them.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:59 am

engtaz wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:Just spoke to Tim @ Watershed, and he has verified that Cabins 11 and 12 will have their own independent DSL WiFi
THANK GOD... It only took 5 years ](*,)

I'm far too lazy to make any kind of meaningful post, So I will just go ahead and post my 2523rd "SWEET" post here.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 am

You guys are a riot.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:41 pm

mbskeam wrote:by the way, what has happened to Robert R????
haven't seen him post on either site in some time.
Apparently, he either hurt himself or he is experiencing some health issues that is preventing him from walking. AFAIK, he has to lay down often and traveling is out of the question right now. That's about all I know, bro'.

Also, moved from another thread....

TNRabbit wrote:FYI: for those of you on Facebook, stevewithrow & I run a page called "Tribute to Bob Carver/Sunfire" & a couple of folks from there have been inquiring about CarverFest. They may be the final ones to fill out the Treehouses....

....and one more friendly reminder [from the first post of this thread]....

Make sure you get in touch with me [treitz3 via PM or by posting on this thread] BEFORE calling the cabins to insure that the room/cabin is still available. My list trumps even the reservations [paid in full as well...] called into the cabins. If this is the case, your money will either be refunded or transferred to the next available room/cabin.

I can be reached on my cell phone# which is new. It is 803-579-0607
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Tom,

Passed that info along, but I kept your number private & told folks to contact me via PM for it.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:28 am

so, are all the treehouses rented? dont think I will bring my rig if they are not!! dont think I will get my tfm42 back from rolland before the fest anyways!! if I cant set it up in my treehouse dunno if I will bring it, if I set it up in cabin 5 then will have to be there mostly! would like to check everything out as this is a vacation for me & wife so really dont want to be confined there most of the time! would like people to hear my jbl,s but Im sure others have stuff much better, will wait a few weeks before I make a final decision to see if the treehouses fill up!! :-) looking forward to the fest though, need some relax time!!
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 Amazing speakers in natural oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Douglas connection cables
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:08 pm

Treehouses...

No, we still have one more Treehouse left to rent. We have had a couple of nibbles on it but so far, nothing solid. When I know, you'll know. If you want, you are more than welcome to set up your rig in my cabin. I don't think Angelo, Mark or Roy would mind. If security or having folks touch it while you are not around are of any concern, not an issue in our cabin. Food for thought...

I know you have read about Ray's [Magnaryder's] rig getting mishandled somehow but in the 4 years we have held this event, with over 50 rigs setup over the years, his is the only one that got damaged somehow. I don't even know what happened to his rig, as he has not answered the question as to what actually happened yet. That's a pretty good track record, if I do say so myself. We have never really put up the so called "rules" before because everybody in year's past has been extremely respectful of each others gear....BUT the event keeps growing every year and we are just attempting to nip a possible issue from even happening in the first place. I wouldn't worry too much about it. If your conditions are "hands off" while you are not present, then that will be the way it is and all of the attendees at Carverfest will watch your back. That's just how we roll.

That said, bring it! I'd love to hear what you have assembled and I'm quite sure others will as well.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 pm

Deposits are due today!

OK, Carverfest attendees. The time has come. You must have a deposit on your cabin today, otherwise you risk the chance of losing your cabin. Don't say I haven't reminded you because I have. Here's the low down...

Treehouse A - PIF

Treehouse B - Deposit made

Watershed 1 Deposit made

Watershed 10 Deposit made

Watershed 11 PIF

Watershed 2 Deposit made

Watershed 5 PIF

Watersheds 6, 7, 8, 12 and 9 all need to at the very least make a deposit ASAP [like tomorrow].

<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:45 pm

Tom, what if that last treehouse dont get rented, by anyone, I mean its vacant while were there,can have tunes then ?? Just wondering !! :D
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 Amazing speakers in natural oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Douglas connection cables
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:17 pm

Yes. That said, the VERY MOMENT someone is spotted going into the other Treehouse....all systems must be turned off until they leave. Trust me, you don't want to break that rule as you will get no refund and you will be kicked out pronto. This is not a rule by us, the cabin office enforces this and we will follow this rule to a "T".

<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:43 am

Treitz3, Could you update the info on who is staying in what cabins.Anyone staying in the last treehouse for any amount of time ? thanks Harry
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:01 pm

No, the last available Treehouse is [by the grace of the cabins] still reserved under Carverfest. It was actually supposed to be released to the public today. That said, I do not know how long they will hold it for. We have had a couple of nibbles on it but so far, no one has made a deposit or relayed anything set in stone to me yet.

As far as updating the information on who is staying where? It should be up to date now. Do you know something that I should be aware of or was something missed?

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:17 pm

called all three numbers, no reply, last one went to " mvp master valet parking" in the message part.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:30 pm

WTF? ](*,)

I guess, try them on Monday if you don't hear back from them by then. I gotta talk to Tim about the number/contact situation.

PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011