The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.
Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:14 pm
The 5th Annual CarverFest
thuffman03 wrote:By this time last year we had almost the entire place under deposit. So when can we start making our reservations?
"I am setting up our new online booking system and at the same time we are adding a bunch of new options that may affect pricing. It probably won't change anything significant for you, but I need to get them all ironed out to see how they will fit in if you want them and to make sure I don't complicate things for my staff to have a different set of rules for previous customers as I do for new customers............The general pricing of the cabins is not changing, but these little details [confidential and omitted from public view] are and I want to make sure your group knows all the details in advance."
Believe me I really appreciate your anxiousness to get this going, but with the back-to-back winter storms we are having, I have not been able to prioritize anything except current guests. The winter is usually slow, and as far as the number of guests we have it is indeed slow or moderate, but the amount of work to stay open in the winter is enormous when we have weather issues. We have already dealt with more this winter than we did the entire winter last year (and last year was the worst in 10 years for us). One of my major competitors has just shut down completely for Jan-Feb-Mar because he can't handle the extra work of the winter and you can't afford to operate on any more than just a basic staff. That's a position I am in now, too, although I am not considering shutting down. But the normal planning and administration that is usually all that keeps us busy in the off-season is on a complete back-burner until we get a break from the weather.
I actually still have cabins that have not been accessible since before Xmas because of conditions up here. Not to mention that all the planning and forecasting that we do with the rafting companies and other attractions for pricing and packages for the spring have not even been done yet. I am on a "high priority first" mode here and have even canceled all work on [omitted] and Valentines packages because work on those, even though they are sooner, is just not possible when that work only benefits one weekend of business. The spring and summer are the top priorities now.
I know your group is wanting to get some stuff confirmed, and I appreciate that.......[Confidential conversation omitted]........Pricing is the next step, but that is really not going to get done until I resolve pricing issues for Spring and Summer that affect all my guests."
(pair of) SILVER-7t's
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:53 pm
Location: wisconsin,home of the Green Bay Packers!
frenchguy wrote:tom, please make sure you have me & wife down for a treehouse from sept 11th - 18th, want to get this done as soon as its possible and when you have time of course!! thanks again, frenchguy:-)
treitz3 wrote:One other note, the entire mountain has been reserved for Carverfest. Seeing as how they never book this far in advance for the general public and I am the only one to authorize reservations during that time, there are no worries. At all.
Just enjoy life and when we can resume like normal? By all means, we will.
BrainT, you and Pat are booked for staying in WS2 from the 14th to 20th with the two Tom's.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests