It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:20 pm

Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2011

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2011

I'll make an announcement tonight with what I know.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:29 pm

thuffman03 wrote:By this time last year we had almost the entire place under deposit. So when can we start making our reservations?

Good question Tom, I'm in with you guys if will have me.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:35 pm

Listed below are excerpts from conversations I have had with the owners of the cabins. This should fill you in on the basics of why there has been a change in the way things have been handled this year. While it may not be the way things have gone in the past, a lot of the delays have been from good ol' Mother Nature. You folks have to remember that we are dealing with a very small business and not the worldwide Hilton hotel chain. Anyhoo, here are some of the things that have been discussed so far.

You guys already know about the new website and online booking system....alright, I'll shut it for a stint and offer bits of our conversations...

"I am setting up our new online booking system and at the same time we are adding a bunch of new options that may affect pricing. It probably won't change anything significant for you, but I need to get them all ironed out to see how they will fit in if you want them and to make sure I don't complicate things for my staff to have a different set of rules for previous customers as I do for new customers............The general pricing of the cabins is not changing, but these little details [confidential and omitted from public view] are and I want to make sure your group knows all the details in advance."

Believe me I really appreciate your anxiousness to get this going, but with the back-to-back winter storms we are having, I have not been able to prioritize anything except current guests. The winter is usually slow, and as far as the number of guests we have it is indeed slow or moderate, but the amount of work to stay open in the winter is enormous when we have weather issues. We have already dealt with more this winter than we did the entire winter last year (and last year was the worst in 10 years for us). One of my major competitors has just shut down completely for Jan-Feb-Mar because he can't handle the extra work of the winter and you can't afford to operate on any more than just a basic staff. That's a position I am in now, too, although I am not considering shutting down. But the normal planning and administration that is usually all that keeps us busy in the off-season is on a complete back-burner until we get a break from the weather.

I actually still have cabins that have not been accessible since before Xmas because of conditions up here. Not to mention that all the planning and forecasting that we do with the rafting companies and other attractions for pricing and packages for the spring have not even been done yet. I am on a "high priority first" mode here and have even canceled all work on [omitted] and Valentines packages because work on those, even though they are sooner, is just not possible when that work only benefits one weekend of business. The spring and summer are the top priorities now.

I know your group is wanting to get some stuff confirmed, and I appreciate that.......[Confidential conversation omitted]........Pricing is the next step, but that is really not going to get done until I resolve pricing issues for Spring and Summer that affect all my guests."

So, as you see...this is a major part of why there has been a delay. There's more to it and we'll keep that behind the scenes as it really won't matter when the fat lady sings. I just want to reaffirm this...

All Cabin reservations will go through me. Not the cabins, not a senior member, nobody and I do mean NOBODY can be deleted, denied or transferred without my knowledge or consent. Page 1 of this thread has the latest updates as to who is staying where. Again, I ask that all of you double check to see that it is accurate as that is my reference as to who is staying where and for what dates.

Now, moving on to the deposits. No worries. Your "deposit" for now is your commitment to come that is listed on page 1 of this thread. We are running on the honor system for right now and judging from the fine folks that attend? That won't be an issue this year as it hasn't in the past and knowing you guys and gals, it won't be an issue in the future either. If the need arises again, that is.

Just keep me abreast of any changes to your plans concerning your cabin reservations on this thread and there will be no issues. All parties expect things to settle down within about a month, Mother Nature willing of course, and we can move on to where we are normally at this time of year.

That said, we'll see you all there!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:53 pm

One other note, the entire mountain has been reserved for Carverfest. Seeing as how they never book this far in advance for the general public and I am the only one to authorize reservations during that time, there are no worries. At all.

Just enjoy life and when we can resume like normal? By all means, we will.

BrainT, you and Pat are booked for staying in WS2 from the 14th to 20th with the two Tom's.

<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:46 am

tom, please make sure you have me & wife down for a treehouse from sept 11th - 18th, want to get this done as soon as its possible and when you have time of course!! thanks again, frenchguy:-)
Carver M-4.0t &Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17 sda390t jolida jd 100A & 2 pairs of JBL L96 JBL 4401 & Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:19 am

frenchguy wrote:tom, please make sure you have me & wife down for a treehouse from sept 11th - 18th, want to get this done as soon as its possible and when you have time of course!! thanks again, frenchguy:-)
Hello, Frenchguy. I know that you have been extremely patient with us, especially for a guy we've never met before. Well, here's the deal.....you and your wife have always been in like Flynn but you have not been "officially" added to the list. You both are now!

That said, could you please PM me with your real names if you would like to keep them out of the public eye....or simply post them here? Also, I will need a contact phone number, please.

If you would like to call the cabins and ask them if there is a favorite [or preferred] Treehouse, feel free. I have you listed as being in TreehouseB right now, as that's usually the first one they fill up for some reason. Right now, it's your call as all of the Treehouses are available. Thank you.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:50 am

Tom,, thanks for keeping us updated,, I am really looking forward to seeing you guys again.One nice thing(for me) is the member/attendee list with the corresponding contact information,,makes it nice when you are traveling.Only seven months to go. =D>
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Tom I just checked page 1 & my name has been taken off.

Please put be back in Cabin 8 for the last 5 days. If you don't Brock will be very disappointed...not to mention Toyota (Prius).
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:53 pm

Done.

Gotcha down with Brock from the 15th until the 20th, WS8. Thanks Frankie.

<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:08 pm

treitz3 wrote:One other note, the entire mountain has been reserved for Carverfest. Seeing as how they never book this far in advance for the general public and I am the only one to authorize reservations during that time, there are no worries. At all.

Just enjoy life and when we can resume like normal? By all means, we will.

BrainT, you and Pat are booked for staying in WS2 from the 14th to 20th with the two Tom's.

Tom.

Yes I hope that the 2 Tom's will have me. Not to sure of the dates yet. to many things happing in life.
But looking forward to being there.

Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:25 pm

Further update.....

Gary and Bill will taking WS5, which is a 4 bedroom super deluxe that has some bunk beds downstairs on the lower floor next to the foosball table. See below....

Watershed 5
TNRabbit and OconeeOrange-----------------Gary, Bill--------------------------------15th to 18th
Note: There are 2 bedrooms and 6 bunk beds still available in Watershed 5. Please contact either me [treitz3] or Gary [TNRabbit] to secure your spot. These are the last two rooms available at Carverfest in the Watershed area, unless you rent one of the 3 Treehouses left as of Feb. 12th.

Brian, last time the two Tom's and I talked? You were staying with them. They wouldn't have it any other way. Just keep us informed as to the dates and all will be well. TTY soon, my friend. Hope all is well.

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:10 pm

hey guy's i really like the spot i had last year. my own little spot. keep me on the list of i want a private bedroom so if my honey comes, i will be set like i was in the bottum of cabin six. also this year, i will bring a rig.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:16 pm

Call me. 803-579-0607

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:49 pm

Mike, I'll call you back shortly there, bud....

Further update...Angelo and wife will most likely be staying in WS11 with Wayne and Tammy from Thursday until Sunday night. [Subject to change....but reservation held for now...]

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:50 pm

I plan on being there the whole time.......
looking for a room.....
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011