Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2011

The 5th Annual CarverFest Sep. 9th - 19th
Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Cabin Reservations - CarverFest 2011

Post by Don » Sun May 08, 2011 10:27 am

Tom,

I am a little slow with everything going on. PM sent.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re:

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun May 08, 2011 4:26 pm

treitz3 wrote:Don, the deals are similar to what we had since the first Carverfest. Unless you see something I don't, the deal/prices should be very similar. Talk to me.

The only thing is, each tenant will be responsible for payment beforehand to the owners of the cabins them self. That part is not up to the "landlord" [or Carver forum member in charge of the individual cabin] of said cabin anymore. Much easier.

What is the optional travel insurance?
Thank you kindly

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Sun May 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Yes I am pretty sure all the other discounts still apply, but you will have to get that info from the Watershed people.

The insurance is "renters insurance" Tim made it sound like it covers just about everything, from... Falling and breaking you leg, to breaking a flat screen tv. Again, check with them for the details.

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun May 08, 2011 4:54 pm

Thanks James--see you guys soon.

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Tue May 10, 2011 6:43 am

okay guys-- anyone wanna' post what they are bringing? I should be bringing my old VTL's that are being completely re-worked,along with a new pre,,a modded Jolida JD 100-- can't decide on the speakers yet,,considering the Tyler 7u's which have had all of the caps n resistors upgraded.Let's hear some chatter.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Tue May 10, 2011 6:48 am

I've started a new thread for "What are you bringing to CarverFest 2011?"

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=14248
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Tue May 10, 2011 5:46 pm

Toy Maker wrote:

Toy Maker wrote:

Watershed 5
TNRabbit and OconeeOrange-----------------Gary, Bill--------------------------------15th to 18th
Note: There are 2 bedrooms and 6 bunk beds still available in Watershed 5. Please contact either me [treitz3] or Gary [TNRabbit] to secure your spot. These are the last two rooms available at Carverfest in the Watershed area, unless you rent one of the 3 Treehouses left as of Feb.

No, no - this is not accurate. :rolleyes:
If you want to stay with TOM, contact him about bunk beds and air mattresses in his cabin which the place will provide with advance notice.

Cabin #5 is not ruling anyone out. Hell, a hundred is OK with me as it cuts the price per person. =D>

Still, this is our vacation too. Cabin #5 is not a dumping ground.

There are 4 bedrooms. 3 might already be taken, and the 4th is problematic if you don't decide soon. The 4 bedroom owners will vote on any, and how many (if any) others might be admitted.

If you want to go to CarverFest, plan for it now.
If you think you can wait till the last minute and Tom can put you in the best cabin (#5), that is not going to happen.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed May 11, 2011 5:06 pm

The (4th bedroom) is the downstairs living-room/game-room that has 6 bunk-beds. Not exactly a full "Bedroom"

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:12 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:No, no - this is not accurate. :rolleyes:
This is what this thread is for. If I am not accurate, fill me in, so that I can fill others in that want to join us for the festivities....

Do tell.

Sooner rather than later. Time is creeping up on us all.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Thu May 12, 2011 7:56 pm

That is the party room with six places to crash after playing too much! LOL!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Thu May 12, 2011 8:47 pm

Yeah, I said the 4th bedroom is problematic. :badgrin:

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Thu May 12, 2011 9:34 pm

lots of room for DCB'es........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon May 16, 2011 9:27 am

[quote="Toy Maker"]Yes I am pretty sure all the other discounts still apply, but you will have to get that info from the Watershed people.

Cut and paste of previous discounts James is referring to above:

Here's the deal [which by the way is the same we paid in the very first Carverfest]

Pay for 2 nights get the 3rd free (1 night free total)
Pay for 5 nights get the 6th free (2 nights free total)
Pay for 9 nights get the 10th free (3 nights free total)
That means if anyone stays their entire time of Sept 11-21, 3 of the 10 nights will be free

Called to firm up payment with M/C. Asked about stay for 3 days, pay for two similiar to last year's deal above. Nichole did not know. Said she would have to check with Tim and call me back.

As soon as I hear back, I will post if this same discount will apply as last year.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon May 16, 2011 9:46 am

Don wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:Yes I am pretty sure all the other discounts still apply, but you will have to get that info from the Watershed people.

Here's the deal [which by the way is the same we paid in the very first Carverfest]

That means if anyone stays their entire time of Sept 11-21, 3 of the 10 nights will be free

Called to firm up payment with M/C. Asked about stay for 3 days, pay for two similiar to last year's deal above. Nicole did not know. Said she would have to check with Tim and call me back.

As soon as I hear back, I will post if this same discount will apply as last year.

OK here's the screaming deal:
(Thank you James and Tom) =D>

Heard back from Nicole after checking with Tim. I received the same discount as last year. \:D/ Paid for two days, received the third day free. Also FYI-paid 1/2 now as deposit, Watershed will bill other 1/2 to M/C 7 days before check-in.

Don
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Mon May 16, 2011 2:58 pm

Don wrote:
Don wrote:
Toy Maker wrote:Yes I am pretty sure all the other discounts still apply, but you will have to get that info from the Watershed people.

Called to firm up payment with M/C. Asked about stay for 3 days, pay for two similiar to last year's deal above. Nicole did not know. Said she would have to check with Tim and call me back.

OK here's the screaming deal:
(Thank you James and Tom) =D>

Heard back from Nicole after checking with Tim. I received the same discount as last year. \:D/ Paid for two days, received the third day free. Also FYI-paid 1/2 now as deposit, Watershed will bill other 1/2 to M/C 7 days before check-in.

Don
Yeah, I booked at just under 2K a few days back, paid half --> called today and now it is 600 less. =D>
That is reasonable for a room as it works out to about $112 a night/per 3 rooms with all taxes,etc.
I like that. \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Return to “CARVERFEST 2011”