FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:34 am

Does anyone know?

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:05 pm

Does anyone know?

What were the Polk speakers Jerry and Niki had on their porch at CF '10?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Re: Does anyone know?

SDA 2B--studio version--stock.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:44 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:SDA 2B--studio version--stock.

thanks George

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:11 am

Magnaryder wrote:What were the Polk speakers Jerry and Niki had on their porch at CF '10?

ray

Why Ray??? Your opinion of them? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:31 am

They sounded great- \:D/ - like an SDA should,, speaking of SDA's,,anyone hear from Brock? After Jerry and I upgraded his crossovers,he ended up with a VTL ST 150 tube amp,,,have not spoken to him in a few months now.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:23 am

Spoke with him on facebook a little...he's fine. Loving the tubes.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:35 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:They sounded great- \:D/ - like an SDA should,, speaking of SDA's,,anyone hear from Brock? After Jerry and I upgraded his crossovers,he ended up with a VTL ST 150 tube amp,,,have not spoken to him in a few months now.

I REALLY liked that set-up. Modest tube power brought all of the good things I'd heard about Polk SDAs come alive. The soundfield extended behind and outside of the speakers. Imaging was precise and bass went low and was quite accurate. I was VERY impressed.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:57 am

That was surprisingly nice!

Ray, at some point this year we would like to do the same setup we had at that cabin with the modded pair of SDA 1C's I will be bringing. I don't know what Jerry is planning on doing. He could be bringing the same pair or he could bring one of the other 20 or so sets of speakers he's got. I would LOVE to hear the DCM Time Window bookies he's got out there.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:44 pm

I think Jerry sold the 2B's,,,I believe he's bringing the little DCM's that play big,,real big.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:48 pm

I would say "that word" but I know what will happen. Cool! Do you know if he has found a replacement tweeter for it yet?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:I would say "that word" but I know what will happen. Cool! Do you know if he has found a replacement tweeter for it yet?

he told me that he has/had another pair or something like that,,my understanding is that he does have a replacement tweeter,,were you there when they blew?
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:38 pm

No, I wasn't there when they blew but I was there when he ohm'd them out after listening to them again. They were definitely shot at that point. A complete open. I didn't realize he had acquired another set. He didn't have another set when I was there last. Who knows, maybe he sold my other Anthem amp to get them?

:shock:

<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:45 pm

If somebody rents the last treehouse for the fest I will bring my SDA-2B's / Sunfire rig.....
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

bsturgeon89

TFM-55

Post Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm doing well George!!

I will be bringing the 2.3s again with the tubes and a new to me Marantz SACD player.

Pretty much a totally different set up than last year.

I'm bringing some curtains too to help with reflections
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES

Return to CARVERFEST 2011