FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Wilson Sophia's to be at CF this year!!!

<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:09 am

Re: Wilson Sophia's to be at CF this year!!!

Good Luck and thanks for the effort. =D> =D>
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Well, surprising turn of events. I received yet another call. This time from Wilson speaker company, inquiring about the 'fest. I was on the phone with them for about a half an hour telling them all about what it is that we do up here in the mountains of North Carolina. The end result is that we are right back where we started. The gentleman I chatted with said that he is going to go the marketing department to see if one of the dealer network folks can hook us up with the speakers.

We are unsure at this point if there is enough time to make this happen this year or not. He said that he will try his best and I told him that if we cannot do it this year because of time constraints, then next year would be fine. So, the Wilsons are back on the drawing board right now. When I know something more, you all will be the first to know. Keep your fingers crossed.

[-o<

If they do not jump on the chance to let 50+ audiophiles hear these powered by Carver Silver 7 tube amps and a massaged Dodd pre / connected with MIT Oracle cables......they are nuckin futz!!! How many of their dealers showrooms have this kind of gear to demo the Sophia III's on???? Bet not a single one! I would bet they would NEVER sound so good... :D ......or they could just be afraid of stiff competition from Bob's new speakers! :lol: <---(we need a cluckin chicken here) :lol:
Last edited by Chauss on Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:38 am

Found an interesting article today....

I am an audiophile

by Henry Rollins

http://www.hometheaterspot.com/showtopi ... /last/m/1/

Written in the middle of the article...

I have five systems in my home. The one I spend the most time in front of is.....Wilson Audio Sophia 3s.....

It looks as if part of his first "real" system [once he could afford one] included Carver as well. Find out more about that in the article. I just ran across this today on the Polk forum and found his comments and observations interesting enough to post here.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Aug 31, 2011 7:49 pm

TNRabbit wrote:
Frankie, Wilsons are incredible. I'm very interested in a head-to-head with Carver & Polk speakers....

Here ya go Rabbit! :D Not quite $2200 bucks, but a good deal since they have been reconditioned / upgraded by Wilson!

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrfull&1319972591&/Wilson-watt-puppy-5.1-nice-new
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

ekog

TFM-6cb

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:26 pm

If you want to know why these speakers reportably sound so good I saw this surfing around today and thought it was good reading and applied to this thread:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/speakers/151421-understanding-loudspeaker-coherency.html
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:58 pm

The thing that got me about that article is the statement that for phase coherence, only a first order crossover will do!??? A first order crossover changes the phase in the passband by 90º. A capacitor changes it one direction and an inductor the other. That didn't make sense to me. A 4th order Linkwitz-Riley filter changes the phase 360º (or zero). That makes sense to me.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:23 am

All I know is the speakers all described as being the most "accurate" all use 1st order crossovers. John Dunlavy did also with his Duntech's and DAL speakers as well. 8)
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:08 am

where are they?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:23 am

Next year, maybe.....we kinda ran out of time for this year.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 2011