FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:08 am

Anybody want a cable swap at the 'fest?

<<

Rainman

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:21 am

Re: Anybody want a cable swap at the 'fest?

Toymaker, you don't know what the heck you are talking about...These will fix anything and outperform everything I'm sure of it... :lol:
I read somewhere in the internet waste land that these will work great because the signal travels quicker by not stopping to read it's SPS (signal positioning system) and will not be confused trying to decide which strand of wire it will travel on. (this always happens in multi strand braided cables.) :lol:
What have we all been thinking? All of the trials, money spent, discussions, arguments, and the the solution has been right here all along. Question is who's going to try it first? Or are we going to be doing a remake of the Life Cereal commercial, remember.... "I'm not gonna try it, you try it.... :D Actually I bet you will also be able to see what the inside of your toaster looks like when you push the lever down.

Rainman
Attachments
Maple Shade rca 1 hair.jpg
Maple Shade rca 1 hair.jpg (40.18 KiB) Viewed 481 times
Question: Do you know why turds are tapered on the ends? Answer: So your asshole doesn't slam shut..

Carver- SDA490t, SDA450, 2 TFM45's, TFM15, CT23, CT28v, CT27v, Linn Kaber speakers, Sunfire crm2's, PS Audio Statement speaker cables and I/C's, A.P.C. power
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 am

Acousto-Sphere.jpg
Acousto-Sphere.jpg (154.85 KiB) Viewed 475 times
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 am

I really like this part.
acoustosphere.jpg
acoustosphere.jpg (47.76 KiB) Viewed 466 times
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

jjptkd

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:06 pm

So many great solutions to this whole cable dilema! \:D/ \:D/ Now I just need to know where to send my money... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sunfire TGP-III
Sunfire 225x5
PS Audio DL-III DAC
Klipsch KP 250 II (2 Pairs)
Klipsch RSW 15
(2) 18" Klipsch KP 480 Subs
Samson SX3200 (750x2 Sub Amp)
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:29 pm

Send money here....

BS Acoustical Promises Corp. LLC.
16397 Bendover Rd
Bleedbutt, NC 28235

Or if you are serious, I'll PM you my PP address. :D

I think I have a magic pebble or two laying around here somewhere....
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was reading last night from a Bob manual and he said to get the best cables you could and to keep them as short as possible.

I was also reading on the Martin Logan site as I like the looks and idea of the new ELS http://www.martinlogan.com/electromotion/. In the manual for that there is info on how to set them up which is similar to what you guys are saying.

Good reading for the middle of the night. :D
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:52 pm

Re: Send money here....

treitz3 wrote:BS Acoustical Promises Corp. LLC.
16397 Bendover Rd
Bleedbutt, NC 28235

Or if you are serious, I'll PM you my PP address. :D

I think I have a magic pebble or two laying around here somewhere....

Tom what did I tell you about posting your address! LOL!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 am

Cable swap at the 'fest...

Alright, I can not find the thread where it was discussed but preliminary plans for this cable swap are for Saturday [the last Saturday] after lunch. Is this cool with everybody?

List of attendees for the cable swap...

Toymaker [James]
Don
Kingman [Wayne]
OO [Bill]
Angelo
BrianT
Eddie
Ray
Zoothorn [George]

The first post on this thread has been edited to include those who would like to attend the workshop. Always check the first post for the updated list in case others would like to attend as well. Thank you.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 am

Are we to actually "swap" cables with others or just witness the effects of cable swapping?
I am in for the latter....too lazy to disconnect my system- I have the cables are tied in bundles to keep signal away from power... :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:15 am

Re: Cable swap at the 'fest...

treitz3 wrote:Alright, I can not find the thread where it was discussed but preliminary plans for this cable swap are for Saturday [the last Saturday] after lunch. Is this cool with everybody?

List of attendees for the cable swap...

Toymaker [James]
Don
Kingman [Wayne]
OO [Bill]
Angelo
BrianT
Eddie
Ray
Zoothorn [George]

The first post on this thread has been edited to include those who would like to attend the workshop. Always check the first post for the updated list in case others would like to attend as well. Thank you.

Tom,

I am sure Matt will also like to attend.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:16 am

Chauss wrote:Are we to actually "swap" cables with others or just witness the effects of cable swapping?
I am in for the latter....too lazy to disconnect my system- I have the cables are tied in bundles to keep signal away from power... :D

Chauss,

It is my understanding the later. (witness the effects of cable swapping)
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:15 am

Chauss wrote:Are we to actually "swap" cables with others or just witness the effects of cable swapping?
Only one or two folks will be doing the actual cable swapping. I'm quite sure folks know how to do that [or at least I would hope so]. This is to learn first hand what a cable can do for a system.

<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 am

Cool test- count me in!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:00 am

Cable swap attendees

Chauss and Matt have been added to the list. Thank you.

Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 2011