FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Anybody want a cable swap at the 'fest?

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Anybody want a cable swap at the 'fest?

without reading through the entire thread yet, im in.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:42 pm

Tom.

I would love to join you and the gang, to listen to some other cables.

Brian.
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:04 pm

I have a feeling this one event will attract quite the crowd. :-k Kinda of like Angelo's cooking last year. \:D/
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:24 pm

Tom put me down for it!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:41 pm

I'm in....for the laughs. Tom, I want to hear what you think you hear.

I don't think I hear well enough for it to matter.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:32 pm

Is this it? Just a handful of guys? :-s
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Hell, I don't know what I even want to do tomorrow. :(

I have no idea what you guys do at Carver Fest.
I hate to reserve a seat and find you guys are boring me to death in a smoke filled room. [-X [-X

Put me down if that is where the fun will be.
I don't think we are coming till toward the end though.
Only the Rabbit knows.
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:04 pm

treitz3 wrote: Is this it? Just a handful of guys?

bwaahahahaha what did you think was gonna happen...really?

OconeeOrange wrote:Hell, I don't know what I even want to do tomorrow. :(

I have no idea what you guys do at Carver Fest.
I hate to reserve a seat and find you guys are boring me to death in a smoke filled room. [-X [-X

Put me down if that is where the fun will be.
I don't think we are coming till toward the end though.
Only the Rabbit knows.

No smoke filled rooms....but you may be able to join the circle of 9

ray...getting more and more like the old biker in the TCBank video....ehh?
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Cardas Silver wire service and wire block, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12 & 1700 decks, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, Carver HR-742 reciever, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Dahlquist DQ-8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:39 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
No smoke filled rooms....but you may be able to join the circle of 9

I never choose to join any group that would have the likes of myself as a member.
I am better than that.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If it is a circle jerk, remember I am not 14 any more, and would never bet money on myself these days.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:44 pm

No "circle jerk" but you better brush up on the "Dutch Rudder"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIA-Huc-haY
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:51 pm

Hell, I'll tag along just for the laughs !!!!
It better by EARLY in the morning, while most people can still stand though. :D

Tom lost allot of the "Magic Ear" credibility last year, I need to see 1st hand if he can redeem himself this year.

I'm sure the Crazy Drunk Bitch had allot to do with your judgement last year, but well see.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it 'cause nobody else will

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

Magnaryder

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Toy Maker wrote:Hell, I'll tag along just for the laughs !!!!
It better by EARLY in the morning, while most people can still stand though. :D

Tom lost allot of the "Magic Ear" credibility last year, I need to see 1st hand if he can redeem himself this year.

I'm sure the Crazy Drunk Bitch had allot to do with your judgement last year, but well see.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sounded like a CD of a recording of an LP to me.

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:40 pm

treitz3 wrote:
Double blind tests have, in fact, been conducted. The results are that audiophiles such as yourself are unable to tell the difference between $500 cables and lamp cord from Home Depot, or even straightened coat hangers.
What an idiot.

He also says that all copper is equal. Being a physicist, he should know better. It is a known fact in the world of physics that copper can change its properties. Think Cryogenics. As far as his "shielding may have some minor benefit" comment? He obviously does not listen. Good lord, it's funny how some educated people can be so stupid.

I know for a FACT all copper is NOT equal. I machine the nasty shit in high production volumes ! What a dip shit this guy is. Probably from Berkley ! Pffft.
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:48 pm

Magnaryder wrote:I'm in....for the laughs. Tom, I want to hear what you think you hear.

I don't think I hear well enough for it to matter.

ray

I think I'm starting to learn what Tom is experiencing Ray. He's gone totally tubular ! That's the direction I'm heading also. I don't want gobs of power anymore, just sweet, warm, smooth and detailed sound ! I'm a lamp cord guy too, but from what I'm hearing from my journey into tubes so far is that there just may be some audible differences in cables ??????? :D
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:31 am

Dancin' with the drunk, crazy bitch....

Toy Maker wrote:Tom lost a lot of the "Magic Ear" credibility last year, I need to see 1st hand if he can redeem himself this year.
Uh-huh. Let me get this straight. You come over to my cabin at some ridiculous hour [like 1 or 2:00AM] after a day of heavy drinking and ask me to do the test and then say that I lost credibility? Jesus, try me when I'm sober and not sloshed.

Maybe that had a little bit to do with it. I would also like to point out that [even while sloshed] I heard the differences between the two criteria [and described what I was hearing in detail] and I also pointed out the "strange noise" before anybody else who was in the room......and those same people did not notice anything until I pointed the differences out. Only then, after careful listening, did it dawn on them as to what I was talking about.

And I lost credibility? ](*,)

Also, I was thrown for a loop because you listen too music at insane [to me] listening levels. Add to that, your system is brighter than mine. Add to that, a "surprise" in the test that was completely unexpected. That being that the CD was a recording of an LP. I don't listen as loud as you do and I don't have a bright system [that's what he prefers, I'm not knockin' it] so I have not noticed the snaps and pops before in that recording. It was only that night during the surprise drunkin' critical listening test that I first heard them. This was unexpected.

Now, as we discussed at the cabins. The reasons why I didn't hear the fact that it was an LP at home are due to ambient noise. I have a refrigerator 10' away from the listening position, a computer that stays on 24/7 less than 12' away from the listening position and an A/C vent less than 8' away from the listening position. Not really an ideal spot for critical listening. Gotta remember, I lost my dedicated audio room after the birth of my son and I purchased that album after his birth.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011