CABIN # 5

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:46 am

CABIN # 5

Cabin #5
ANIMAL HOUSE

I would like to invite a very few to a fun (nothing serious) event at Cabin #5.

There will be homemade beer, wine, and extremely hot chicken wings.

A music show will be presented.

A few songs well known by all will be played from CD and from digital file.
You mark on your list as to which is CD and which is not.

I hate to say this, but there is just not room for everyone.
Only a very few can be admitted.

This is not meant to slight anyone, but too many in the room would make the event into a non-event.

Plus, how many drunks can mingle in one room? There will just be a few admissions available.

This will be THE party event of CarverFest 2011.
It is understood that parties and drinking will not be allowed this year, so lets try to keep this event as secret as possible.

Details to follow to those who PM with interest.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:20 am

Re: CABIN # 5

OconeeOrange wrote:Cabin #5
ANIMAL HOUSE I hate to say this, but there is just not room for everyone. Only a very few can be admitted.

Obviously, you have no idea how BIG Cabin 5 really is :shock:

It is understood that parties and drinking will not be allowed this year, so lets try to keep this event as secret as possible.

Drinking IS allowed... the trick is to keep it in moderation this year... No showing up at other peoples cabins shit faced at 9:00 am (you know who you are Sugar Cock)

Not a party that I will be attending. =;
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:23 am

A invitation only party at Carverfest,,,kinda goes against the spirit and theme of how all of us who bring rigs from near and afar,and open our cabins up to everyone,don't you think? I suppose my wife and I will dish up her wedding soup again this year,which we spend a sizeable chunk of change for,,,as always,,we'll invite/feed everyone who's there,,open invitation to all.

Maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed,I'm too old for drunkfests' anymore anyway.

Have fun-- :D
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:40 am

OconeeOrange wrote:It is understood that parties and drinking will not be allowed this year, so lets try to keep this event as secret as possible.

I am sure there will be drinking and parties this year at CF. I know that I will be consuming a few adult beverages that week. Everyone who does will just need to make sure they don't go overboard and make a fool out of them selves and make it so that others will not want to attend.

As for keeping it quite OO, I don't know how you can do that with this post out on the forum.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 am

Sounds cool...and I get the jist of what he's trying to convey: wants it to be a "manageable" event with meaningful results re the computer file vs CD "test". Too many "rowdies" mingling about and all that goes down the tubes....go for it, OO! If certain "other" things go well I MAY be in N.C. around 'fest time and would love to "drop in" and partake in your party/test. If so will PM...Ed
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Thoughts....

One thing I'd like to point out is that only one person can sit in the sweet spot. Grouping folks together and asking for observations is just asking for skewed results.

Get me out of the sweet spot and I'll be damned if I can tell any difference. I might, but I wouldn't count on it. Thing is, you lose whatever imaging and sound stage each present while out of the sweet spot.

As far as a small gathering goes? If the attendance gets to be too large, just divide it up. A couple of demo's one day, couple the next, etc...

Count me in, Bill. At least for one of the days, or sessions.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:04 pm

The party that I wasn`t invited to was ALWAYS the party that I somehow seemed to show up at.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:36 pm

Let's just sum it up and be honest, eh?

Dave...you are the party, who the fuck do you think you're kiddin'? =;
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

F1nut

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:03 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:A invitation only party at Carverfest,,,kinda goes against the spirit and theme of how all of us who bring rigs from near and afar,and open our cabins up to everyone,don't you think?

Ya think!
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

In a recent press conference, President Obama remarked, "If I had a city, it would look just like Detroit."
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:51 am

I will stop by.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

BrianT

Pair of Silver Sevens

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:51 pm

I will be there with Tom & Tom

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (blk)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Sunfire Vacuum Tube Control Centre. C/W Mod'ed Phono Stage
Carver Silver 7's Tube Amps
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11.
B&W 802D's Rosenut
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:04 pm

The list grows. Matt and I will be there.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Toy Maker wrote:
OconeeOrange wrote:Cabin #5
ANIMAL HOUSE I hate to say this, but there is just not room for everyone. Only a very few can be admitted.

Obviously, you have no idea how BIG Cabin 5 really is :shock:

Not really, but this was just a fun jab at those who clucked out of the original test.
Now it seems there may be three tests at different cabins - =D> - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: q

No matter, I am thinking the last Friday night, and of course anyone who is up for it (except DaveS) is invited.
I got a lot of PMs -> thanks guys. Apparently most guys like to pop a top and crank it up too loud. :lol: :lol:
The test will be very accurate, but the atmosphere might cancel out the ears for the above average audiophile. Still when the going gets tough, tough audiophiles get going -- =; If the difference is as great as I am told, my deaf Aunt Lou Ann could pick it out when things are perfect, and that is no fun.

Still, the contest is what will keep this from just being labeled as just a bunch of guys drinking with tunes.
The winner will get an incredible prize to memorialize the night. (did I spell that right?)

Gary is bringing his entire system (cannonballs and all), and I am bringing a nice Bose boombox, homemade beer and wine and chicken. - :lol: :lol: :lol:
I had hoped to bring Bob's Black Beauty amps, but fell a hundred dollars short.
(Bob did email me - what a great guy!!)

OO

p/s -- DaveS don't need any damn invite as he has more fun crashing --- =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:
The winner will get an incredible prize to memorialize the night. (did I spell that right?)

That is a scary thought, remember what OO gave me for Carver Santa? It just might be the Deluxe version Blow up Doll? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ](*,)
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:50 am

Jag_97470 wrote:
OconeeOrange wrote:

That is a scary thought, remember what OO gave me for Carver Santa? It just might be the Deluxe version Blow up Doll? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ](*,)

Jerry,

No need for the Deluxe version of the Blow up Doll if the "DCB" shows up again this year. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 2011