FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 pm

CABIN # 5

<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:17 am

Re: CABIN # 5

Did someone say "cannon"????????HUH??HUH?? I`ve got the cannon if you got the balls.
Attachments
Picture.jpg
Picture.jpg (44.9 KiB) Viewed 424 times
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:22 pm

I sure hope OO is providing Gas-X with his home made brew ! Sure to clear the scene. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom talking about the sweet spot makes me think he's sending out an invitation to y'all to sit on his lap cause he ain't moving. :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:27 pm

I keed, I keed!

....and I have a constant rocket in my pocket. Still want to come?

:-"
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: I keed, I keed!

treitz3 wrote:....and I have a constant rocket in my pocket. Still want to come?

:-"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I always want to Tom ! :shock:
<<

TNRabbit

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:13 am

Mr. M-500t wrote:I sure hope OO is providing Gas-X with his home made brew ! Sure to clear the scene. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom talking about the sweet spot makes me think he's sending out an invitation to y'all to sit on his lap cause he ain't moving. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bean-O will be made available~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:52 am

CABIN # 5

Bill, Gary.....what is the current status of WS5? As of today, we have one couple and possibly someone who lives close by wanting to attend. Last I heard [through the grapevine] was that you guys had only 2 of the bunk beds left. Could one of you you please fill me in as to the current availability of what is left in WS5, please?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 am

I went back and looked at pg1. can ya add my name to the list for 5, the whole time
if you look at the head count sheet I am shown, but without name.....
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

TNRabbit

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:08 am

Mike has WS5 mostly to himself from 10-14 Sep but is staying there the entire fest.

Bill & I arrive on Thursday, 15 Sep (2nd & 3rd bedrooms). Chauss (Dan) also arrives that day (1 bunk). tinpan (Robin) is trying to come Fri-Sun (bunk 2). nooshinjohn might be coming at that time, too (bunk 3). I think one more might be trying for that time period, too, but don't recalll who. The bunk areas are TIGHT....& there's VERY little privacy there. Plus all will have to share one bathroom~

Bill?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:34 am

Re: Thoughts....

treitz3 wrote:One thing I'd like to point out is that only one person can sit in the sweet spot. Grouping folks together and asking for observations is just asking for skewed results.

Get me out of the sweet spot and I'll be damned if I can tell any difference. I might, but I wouldn't count on it. Thing is, you lose whatever imaging and sound stage each present while out of the sweet spot.

As far as a small gathering goes? If the attendance gets to be too large, just divide it up. A couple of demo's one day, couple the next, etc...

Count me in, Bill. At least for one of the days, or sessions.

I am certain -THAT be why Bill said space is limited....even if only 10 minutes spent for each person in sweet spot- that could potentially take a large chunk of time- I would forget why we were there after 3-4 hrs... :lol:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 2011