FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:42 am

What are you bringing to CarverFest 2011?

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:40 am

Re: CarverFest Audio Show

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:09 pm

BLOSE it is.....

I feel the love....

](*,)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:28 pm

I have my Audio Show program ready to print.

I have all the Cabins listed on it.

So far, have almost nothing to put in as to what equipment will actually be there and in which cabin. :shock:

As a new camper, this would great info if yall would share.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:30 pm

T3 is sportin the Bose set up that comes with the cabin this year! :lol:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Itinerary...

Well, Saturday after lunch [1:00pm?] will be the cable swap.

All day Friday will be the tube amp build, followed by a "party" at WS5.

I'm thinkin' Thursday [1:00-completed] will be the official "test" between the original and copy.

Sometime Wednesday [1:00pm?] will be the soldering class.

I believe this is all we have planned so far...anybody else know if I forgot something?
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:16 pm

Friday Night....

Bill, Gary and the gang at WS5....

Since you guys have planned a party on Friday night, have you given any thought to hosting and cooking that night's dinner? If not, we need to make some plans and figure out who/what/where/why/when and all that jazz. LMK, please.

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:22 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:I have my Audio Show program ready to print.

So far, have almost nothing to put in as to what equipment will actually be there and in which cabin. :shock:

As a new camper, this would great info if yall would share.

My first "High End system" Bought new
Vintage equipment in WS 10 from the early 70's:

Marantz 2270 Receiver with wood case
http://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/mz/2270.html

Dynaco A-25 2 way Bookshelf speakers-One of the largest selling speakers of all time with over 600,000 pairs sold
http://www.google.com/search?q=dynaco+a ... 80&bih=588
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:42 pm

FYI...

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=14248

Bill, the above is a link to some of the gear and whatnot folks are planning on bringing this year.

viewtopic.php?f=151&t=12848

^^^ Here's another one for vinyl rigs. ^^^

<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:57 pm

Don wrote:My first "High End system" Bought new
Vintage equipment in WS 10 from the early 70's:

Marantz 2270 Receiver with wood case
http://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/mz/2270.html

Dynaco A-25 2 way Bookshelf speakers-One of the largest selling speakers of all time with over 600,000 pairs sold
http://www.google.com/search?q=dynaco+a ... 80&bih=588

Good stuff.
In the day Marantz and AR speakers were hot shit.
I never heard the Dynaco.

I don't know much, but I know that if sounds good today (or yesterday) it always will.

I look forward to hearing those. \:D/ \:D/
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 pm

Feedback, please....

OconeeOrange wrote:I have my Audio Show program ready to print.

As a new camper, this would great info if y'all would share.
Are you serious or are you joking, Bill? We need to make one up anyway as this year we will have an actual itinerary so we all don't run around like a bunch of chickens with our head cut off. If you would like to take the helm on this project, your help would be appreciated. Just let me know one way or the other, please.

treitz3 wrote:Bill, Gary and the gang at WS5....

Since you guys have planned a party on Friday night, have you given any thought to hosting and cooking that night's dinner? If not, we need to make some plans and figure out who/what/where/why/when and all that jazz. LMK, please.
:-"

<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:34 pm

I like the idea of setting a night for each cabin. We really need to make this happen!

As for who will have the best sysytem, that is highly subjective and really not the point of Carverfest.
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Itinerary...

Tom, we are working out the schedule for folks to do the "each system tour" as we speak behind the scenes. We've almost got it solidified but their are other things that keep changing the schedules for everybody's rig. Here's one example...

treitz3 wrote:Well, Saturday after lunch [1:00pm?] will be the cable swap.

All day Friday will be the tube amp build, followed by a "party" at WS5.

I'm thinkin' Thursday [1:00-completed] will be the official "test" between the original and copy.

Sometime Wednesday [1:00pm?] will be the soldering class.

I believe this is all we have planned so far...anybody else know if I forgot something?

This year, we will be doing another Q & A session with Bob. We have planned this for Saturday, as most of the folks who are attending will be there that day. So, that said...here's the newest itinerary ["each system tour"] excluded.

Wednesday [10:00AM] will be the soldering class. **Subject to change to Thursday night @8:00PM.

Thursday [2:00PM-completed] will be the official "test" between the original and copy.

All day Friday, starting at 10:00AM will be the tube amp build, followed by a "party" at WS5.

Saturday at 10:00AM will be the Q & A session with Bob, followed by the cable swap workshop.

There are three times that folks will have to remember this year. 9:00, 2:00 and 6:00. I'll fill you all in later as to what each time represents.

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Re: SDA 1C's

treitz3 wrote:Yeah, I'll be bringing them to CF. James, that's cool. Anytime.

Tom,, if you are not bringing a rig,,but you are bringing the 1C's,,may I ask what you are gonna do with them? If they are not gonna be used/consistently demoed,I have an idea.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:09 pm

I have an idea
...and that would be???? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:32 pm

kingman wrote:
I have an idea
...and that would be???? :-s

well,, if they are not"spoken for" I was thinking that Tom could drop them off in our cabin,,I'd set em up downstairs,,and bring an all tube rig to power them.Just a thought.
Last edited by Zoot Horn on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011