FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:50 am

Testing my Vintage equipment for Carverfest today

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Testing my Vintage equipment for Carverfest today

With Carverfest around the corner, pulled my very first "high end system" out of the closet today. :D Just fired things up and listened to Stevie Rae Vaughn's "Tin Pan Alley". I was impressed for a 40 year old system. Still sounded pretty darn good. =D>
Put together in my college days. I can still hear why I fell in love with this combo back in my youth. Brings back wonderful memories. 8)

Marantz 2270 receiver with walnut case still looks new. Dynaco A-25 speakers also still look very good. (gotta love those rubber surrounds) A-25's were one of the largest selling speakers of all time. (reported over 600,000 pairs sold) Listed for about $90 a piece. Often discounted, believe I paid $120 for the pair. The Marantz 2270 listed for about $550 to $600. Bought from the same discounter in South Florida, I believe for about $400. Lot of money for a poor college kid back then. Also, still have my Dual 1249 with a Shure V-15 that will not be making the trip.

Will be bringing the 2270 and A-25's to Carverfest providing I can limit Terri to just 1 suitcase. ](*,) :shock: [-o<

Marantz 2270 images:

http://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/mz/2270.html

Dynaco images:

http://www.google.com/search?q=dynaco+a ... 76&bih=584
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:17 pm

Re: Testing my Vintage equipment for Carverfest today

This was the very first hi-fi I ever heard!

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:21 pm

Look forward to hearing it Don!!! =D> =D> =D> ...you know that Terri is gonna have more than 1 suitcase!!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:50 pm

Rabbit writes: This was the very first hi-fi I ever heard!

Gary,

It will be interesting to bring equipment older than a number of folks at the fest! :shock: As OO would say, stereo equipment fit for "Geezers". :rolleyes:

kingman wrote:Look forward to hearing it Don!!! =D> =D> =D> ...you know that Terri is gonna have more than 1 suitcase!!!!

Wayne,

I am sure you are right about that! ](*,) Matt and new bride may have to drive separate vehicle. :-k :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

Don wrote:With Carverfest around the corner, pulled my very first "high end system" out of the closet today. :D Just fired things up and listened to Stevie Rae Vaughn's "Tin Pan Alley". I was impressed for a 40 year old system. Still sounded pretty darn good. =D>
Put together in my college days. I can still hear why I fell in love with this combo back in my youth. Brings back wonderful memories. 8)

Marantz 2270 receiver with walnut case still looks new. Dynaco A-25 speakers also still look very good. (gotta love those rubber surrounds) A-25's were one of the largest selling speakers of all time. (reported over 600,000 pairs sold) Listed for about $90 a piece. Often discounted, believe I paid $120 for the pair. The Marantz 2270 listed for about $550 to $600. Bought from the same discounter in South Florida, I believe for about $400. Lot of money for a poor college kid back then. Also, still have my Dual 1249 with a Shure V-15 that will not be making the trip.

Will be bringing the 2270 and A-25's to Carverfest providing I can limit Terri to just 1 suitcase. ](*,) :shock: [-o<

Marantz 2270 images:

http://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/mz/2270.html

Dynaco images:

http://www.google.com/search?q=dynaco+a ... 76&bih=584

I will be visiting your cabin if allowed. I really like to hear some of the old stuff. I bet it sounds incredible and will make my mind wander to :D

I use a Kenwood KA-2500 everyday. I bet it will outlast me - :)
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:50 pm

Double O,

"Geezers" allowed! :lol: :lol:
— Thomas Paine

RIP Bill D.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:02 pm

That sounds awesome! At the time in the early 90's when I was looking at components to purchase it came down to Carver or Marantz. I decided on Carver but have always liked Marantz too. That is a good looking system. I also love Stevie Rae Vaughn! If your a fan of his take a look at this guy! Maybe pick up this CD to take to CF, pick a favorite song and take it around to different systems. This guy Rocks!!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_ ... particular

WTF! I just finished listening to this CD Joe Bonamassa and was placing it back into the jacket and noticed another CD on the other side?? :-k I've had this CD for months and never knew there were 2 CD's!! :lol: :lol: Hummm, CD 1 rocks! now I will listen to CD 2 and hopefully it rocks! :lol:
Attachments
Joe Bohamassa.jpg
Joe Bohamassa.jpg (5.91 KiB) Viewed 649 times
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Jag_97470 wrote:That sounds awesome! At the time in the early 90's

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to CARVERFEST 2011