FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:30 pm

Food ideas for CarverFest

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:25 pm

Food ideas for CarverFest

Over the past couple of days I've been talking with folks that are planning to spend the most time at the 'Fest. I'm trying to get a handle on what we paln to eat while we are there. So far I ' m looking at Prime Rib, Lasagna, Chicken Parmesean, Rib Eye Steaks, Smoked BBQ Chicken, Smoked Ham and some other stuff but you get the idea. Post some rational ideas here please.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:33 pm

Re: Food ideas for CarverFest

Magnaryder wrote:Over the past couple of days I've been talking with folks that are planning to spend the most time at the 'Fest. I'm trying to get a handle on what we paln to eat while we are there. So far I ' m looking at Prime Rib, Lasagna, Chicken Parmesean, Rib Eye Steaks, Smoked BBQ Chicken, Smoked Ham and some other stuff but you get the idea. Post some rational ideas here please.

ray

I''ve had your food before Ray and all I ask is that you serve he above during the last 5 days (when I will be there) do the hot dogs & burgers for the first part......O.K.?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:04 pm

Ray, don't spend so much time doing this. You NEVER get to enjoy CF like the rest of us do because you spend all your time cooking or cleaning up, man!

Hell, I'll eat PB&J the entire time just to not have to fool with food prep~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:37 pm

I say McDonalds and Arby's For the week :lol:
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:53 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I say McDonalds and Arby's For the week :lol:

not me. i vote for ribs, steaks, chops, kabob's and so forth.

the key is more people to clean up afterwards. if that's too much, then cold cuts and so forth. it has to be a group effort for sure and i will go with the best expressed idea's. otherwise, byof.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I say McDonalds and Arby's For the week :lol:

I'm fucking around. Pretty sure I'm on the hook for the lasagna and chicken parm. =D>
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:37 pm

I will be helping dad with the Lasagna and Chicken Parm, but it's a good thing we are bringing the official "Kitchen Bitches" with us this year!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 pm

Must have!

Jerry and I will be doing BBQ chicken sandwiches w/ some healthy sides. We'll have both spicy and regular and don't forget Janice is planning on wedding soup. Neither of them, would you want to miss out on.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:15 pm

Yep-- Janice will be doing wedding soup,, and some homemade bread,, and maybe something else.I'll ask.
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:51 pm

When I talk to Ray we came up with a good list of things! Meat is no problem for me to handle so I told Ray to get with you Tom ! Thw people that know me well know what I can do! LOL! I know Tom from PA is bringing his smoker and I plan to bring mine as well so this year we will have two smokers going! I have some stuff I will bring like last year! Eddie!
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

Eddie

Eddie The Knife

Post Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Devil Spawn wrote:I will be helping dad with the Lasagna and Chicken Parm, but it's a good thing we are bringing the official "Kitchen Bitches" with us this year!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

We got both of them coming ! :D
Good judgment comes from experience,but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:41 am

RIBS, gotta have some ribs :-) maybe some smoked turkey breast also!! I could bring some BRATS from wisconsin!! you guys in the south probably have never had them?? they are called bratwurst and are awesome!! good with kraut or other condinments!! let me know and I will bring 3 or 4 dozen!! a WISONSIN/PACKERFAN staple!!
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 Amazing speakers in natural oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Douglas connection cables
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:46 am

frenchguy wrote:RIBS, gotta have some ribs :-) maybe some smoked turkey breast also!! I could bring some BRATS from wisconsin!! you guys in the south probably have never had them?? they are called bratwurst and are awesome!! good with kraut or other condinments!! let me know and I will bring 3 or 4 dozen!! a WISONSIN/PACKERFAN staple!!

Us "southern folk" didn't always live down here... How about some knockwurst, or even better... Sabrett's. Mmmmmmm
I love me some Sabrett's. WITH THE SKINS ON EM' mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:39 am

It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:08 am

v3.jpg
v3.jpg (112.67 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

vegan.jpg
vegan.jpg (102.2 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

v1.jpg
v1.jpg (104.72 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

v2.jpg
v2.jpg (104.45 KiB) Viewed 1551 times