FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 am

What will you be driving to Carverfest?

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: What will you be driving to Carverfest?

in ALL my glory...... #-o #-o #-o
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Ahhhh, shit, son!

You know it baby!!!

8)
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:58 pm

My feets.....will fail me though!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 pm

You can't use feet, my man....

Ed, you seriously have to get your ass out here one time. Man, you'll have a fuckin' blast! Plan for it. It's only been what? 5 years?

You too, Rick!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Re: Chevy

treitz3 wrote:White [The thoroughbred of all colors] Chevrolet 2500HD, crew cab pickup w/a long bed [Corvette engine :D ]. In the passenger seat will be the scariest passenger anybody has ever laid eyes on. Oh, dear.....

No trailer this year. \:D/

When you [if you] see me, I'll be the guy passing you like Dale Earnhardt Sr.....nothin' but the taillights baby!!!

I will race ya for pinks! :D I am bringing my wifes "truck" :lol: :lol: :lol: I could use a great big ole truck! :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Re: You can't use feet, my man....

treitz3 wrote:Ed, you seriously have to get your ass out here one time. Man, you'll have a fuckin' blast! Plan for it. It's only been what? 5 years?

You too, Rick!

I do under stand Ed is a rich guy.

Money is not the problem. The guy needs motivation.
The day after CF 2011, I am going to start programs to bring Ed to 2012 (if yall let me return)

I will do videos of me walking highways gathering bottles and cans, maybe me selling fish I catch or making pot holders.

This year I will be there alone with no friends, but next year - =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ =D> =D>
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Chevy

Chauss wrote:
treitz3 wrote:White [The thoroughbred of all colors] Chevrolet 2500HD, crew cab pickup w/a long bed [Corvette engine :D ]. In the passenger seat will be the scariest passenger anybody has ever laid eyes on. Oh, dear.....

No trailer this year. \:D/

When you [if you] see me, I'll be the guy passing you like Dale Earnhardt Sr.....nothin' but the taillights baby!!!

I will race ya for pinks! :D I am bringing my wifes "truck" :lol: :lol: :lol: I could use a great big ole truck! :D

Thing is, we have the same engine [if I'm not mistaken]. You have more weight. Plus, I have what I call the "Corvette button". Add the two together? Ahhhhh, hell. \:D/

Now if you are serious? Nope. I don't do pink unless it's pussy...

...and my wife, since I'm married and all...

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Re: You can't use feet, my man....

OconeeOrange wrote:This year I will be there alone with no friends, but next year.
I think you may be misrepresenting the spirit of Carverfest, my friend. Look at the folks that attend. Folks from all walks of life. Rich to poor. Stupid to genius. Cocky to passive. Beautiful to ugly. Well educated in sound to a newbie. There are all walks of life presented at Carverfest and all are welcome and equal. Even Sasquatch. :-s

You are no different.

<<

mbskeam

SILVER-7t

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Rich to poor. Stupid to genius. Cocky to passive. Beautiful to ugly

well, you got me all right..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
dduuurrrr..... =P~
Mbskeam

#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:48 pm

That is an intresting idea. I have been thinking about it. BTW it is a Dodge Magnum not a Charger.[/quote]

Even better... more room !!!
Might even be enough room for a JL or 2 :lol:

Image[/quote]

Those are some hellacious woofers! Look like they will handle 2KW each....[/quote]

Might work OK for that rap crap, but not for Joe Pope.
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:44 am

Yeah, I'm holding out for the year Bob has kits of his eBay 305's for each attendee to assemble... :lol:
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:57 am

OconeeOrange wrote:Image

Might work OK for that rap crap, but not for Joe Pope.

You must not watch my fathers video thread at all!!! There is no such thing as that hippity hoppity bull crap in my father's music library... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

We have noticed in the past few years that anything "new" now a days is just a rip off of some awesome tune from the past... I haven't heard ANYTHING original come out of the cRap world since fEminem gave up... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lastly, the (2) JL 13.5" W7s that are in that picture sound GREAT here in our living room in the same ported box that got pulled out of an SUV! Such beautiful low rumbling bass!!
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:14 am

Excellent post.
Just a couple days back Toy admitted he seldom listens to other than TV 24/7.

I am OK with that.
Most here are the same.

As grown men we get to choose.

I have not yet made it to the modern world.

I still have the time to sit still and play tunes.
It entertains me to no end.

My wife thinks I am an idiot, but it still rocks my boat.
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:14 am

"I do under stand Ed is a rich guy."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well rich/blessed in a lot of ways; $ wise, not so much. But at least I STILL have good credit (least wise I'd REALLY be screwed! :lol: )
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:52 am

elgrau wrote:"I do under stand Ed is a rich guy."

Well rich/blessed in a lot of ways; $ wise, not so much. But at least I STILL have good credit (least wise I'd REALLY be screwed! :lol: )

Don't worry, Ed; OO calls ME rich, too...but we both know better~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011