FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Carverfest, here we come!!!!

<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:03 pm

Bob's new speakers are now set up and being auditioned for the first time....for the lucky few that are here already. =D>
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Carverfest, here we come!!!!

Pictures PLEASE !!!!!! 8-[ 8-[ 8-[ =P~ =P~ =P~
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:12 pm

in richmond kentucky now, only 4 hours to drive tomorrow, should be there by mid afternoon!! see u guys when we get there!! ready to relax & listen to some good tunes!!! see ya tomorrow :-)
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Be safe, aye !
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:37 pm

Just chiming in with an update. Bob has arrived and is currently playing around with his new toys....Welcome back Bob!
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:40 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Just chiming in with an update. Bob has arrived and is currently playing around with his new toys....Welcome back Bob!

I hope it's not a torn pocket ribbon or something ? :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Nope, no issues whatsoever. He's just messin' around with the placement and making adjustments to match the speakers to the room. Final tweaking for the 'fest, if you will....

<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Nope, no issues whatsoever. He's just messin' around with the placement and making adjustments to match the speakers to the room. Final tweaking for the 'fest, if you will....

Dry ! :rolleyes:
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:52 pm

Would you rather I not update you all at all? I can arrange this if you would like... 8)

You get what you get when you get it, man. We have a 'fest to tend too, music to listen too, rigs to check out, tubes to play with.......

<<

Mr. M-500t

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:56 pm

It's OK to play with your tube or tubes Tom, just keep them away from Bobs pocket ribbons ! :lol: Keep the updates coming and have a beer for Christ sake ! :rolleyes:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:02 pm

Tom, as to the internet connection - WTF? My understanding is there is none in Cabin 5. My fans at home (like my Beagle) will want to hear from me from Thursday on as to a "virgin's" perspective on it all. Where can I hook my netbook in?

p/s while I got you on the line - could you check my room in #5 and tell me if the TV has a RGA plug and if the one downstairs does. Thanks.

OO
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:05 pm

Bill, I will have to find out about both tomorrow. I'll get back with you when I know....

<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:32 pm

well we finally made it!!! I know u guys said it was a steep hill but holy fuck!!! LOL getting things unpacked!! tom if you read this u can come down to treehousr B & pickup the paper products to take up the mountain!! LOL as I dont know what cabin they would be used most in??
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:46 pm

frenchguy wrote:well we finally made it!!! I know u guys said it was a steep hill but holy fuck!!! LOL getting things unpacked!! tom if you read this u can come down to treehousr B & pickup the paper products to take up the mountain!! LOL as I dont know what cabin they would be used most in??

For perspective, the cabins are at over 2000 ft, but Skip will be in Highlands, over 4000 feet. Highlands is about 30 miles from my house and a fun bike ride.
<<

kingman

Post Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:57 pm

frenchguy wrote:well we finally made it!!! I know u guys said it was a steep hill but holy fuck!!! LOL getting things unpacked!! tom if you read this u can come down to treehousr B & pickup the paper products to take up the mountain!! LOL as I dont know what cabin they would be used most in??

I could tell you which cabin need the toilet paper the most but.... :shock:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
PreviousNext

Return to CARVERFEST 2011