FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:10 am

Carverfest 2011 CD

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:08 pm

Carverfest 2011 CD

Has anybody played this yet? Popped in a few minutes ago and the sound quality, imaging and soundstage are just over the top. \:D/ Is playing on the whole house system and walked in the HTR for a quick listen while Track 15 was playing. Track 15 is a cut by Jen Chapin called "You Haven't Done Nothin". The soundstage is so wide and deep, the Sax player sounds like he is almost in another room. He appears to be far behind and way to the left of the left channel speaker.

Looking for some more serious listening after dinner.

Thank you Mark! =D>
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Re: Carverfest 2011 CD

Yeah, played it yesterday. Yesterday I also put up photo and track listings - http://www.carveraudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=3929&start=4395#p158179

As a plus, when I ripped it to the computer today, all the track listings are already typed out and entered. :lol: :lol:
Thanks MARK.
<<

rah

M-400t CUBE

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:01 pm

Don wrote:Has anybody played this yet? Popped in a few minutes ago and the sound quality, imaging and soundstage are just over the top. \:D/ Is playing on the whole house system and walked in the HTR for a quick listen while Track 15 was playing. Track 15 is a cut by Jen Chapin called "You Haven't Done Nothin". The soundstage is so wide and deep, the Sax player sounds like he is almost in another room. He appears to be far behind and way to the left of the left channel speaker.

Looking for some more serious listening after dinner.

Thank you Mark! =D>

Looked at the track listing.

Looks pretty cool!

How do I get a copy (can't hurt to ask)?
My office (and only) system:
Sunfire Ultimate Receiver (thanks jjptkd!)
Sunfire Theater Grand Processor (with original remote!)
Carver TD-1770
Klipsch Chorus II's
Sony CA70ES 5-disc changer
Sony SACD 5-disc changer
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:09 pm

It was playing at the outdoor party we had Saturday night...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:14 pm

TNRabbit wrote:It was playing at the outdoor party we had Saturday night...

Gary,

Frankie had us laughing so hard with his one liners we never heard it. :rolleyes: :D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 pm

Don wrote:Track 15 is a cut by Jen Chapin called "You Haven't Done Nothin". The soundstage is so wide and deep, the Sax player sounds like he is almost in another room. He appears to be far behind and way to the left of the left channel speaker.
Spot on! This observation tells me a lot about whatever system you were listening too when you made this observation. I can't for the life of me figure out how you determined it was a "he" who was playing the sax though. I gotta come down and hear your rig if it's that good.

:shock:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:23 pm

what patricia barber album/cd/track was bob listening to?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

beemers417

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:07 am

angelod307 wrote:what patricia barber album/cd/track was bob listening to?

Shame on you for not knowing this Angelo. Your sentence is kitchen duty at CF 2012. Patricia Barber/ Cafe Blue/ What a shame BTW, the whole disc /album is great.
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:33 am

i like it also. can't wait for these 60" ribbons to break in..
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:01 am

Re:

treitz3 wrote:
Don wrote:Track 15 is a cut by Jen Chapin called "You Haven't Done Nothin". The soundstage is so wide and deep, the Sax player sounds like he is almost in another room. He appears to be far behind and way to the left of the left channel speaker.
Spot on! This observation tells me a lot about whatever system you were listening too when you made this observation. I can't for the life of me figure out how you determined it was a "he" who was playing the sax though. I gotta come down and hear your rig if it's that good.

:shock:

Tom,

Hooked up my portable CD player to my Bose Wave Radio sitting on my nightstand in the bedroom! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You are welcome to come down anytime. However, later may be better than sooner on account of the situation with Terri's Mom. :(
— Thomas Paine

RIP Bill D.
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:38 pm

True story:

A few days after I got my Benchmark DAC, and was running my Oppo through it as a transport, my stepdaughter came home from school and wanted to play me a song from her iPod. AS it turns out, it was a massively compressed MP3, AND as it turns out, I had recently purchased the CD that included this song.

So I hooked up her iPod through a headphone jack-to-RCA spitter into the "aux" input on my preamp, and let her listen to it for a while...

While she was listening to that, I cued up the same track on the CD playing on the Oppo through the Benchmark (connected to my Krell pre via silver XLR cables). The Krell was feeding a pair of bridged M-500ts driving my Martin Logan Sequels.

After a little bit I asked her if I could play something for her and she agreed. So I cued the iPod to synch with the CD player, and then started the iPod again, and let it play for a while, then switched the preamp over to the synched CD, so that the music pretty much just continued--in time--from the different source.

Now remember, this was a 21-year-old female art student--a true "fashionista", and a young lady who although VERY smart, creative, and aesthetically attuned, has NO interest in or real exposure to high-end audio, and she thought her iPod sounded pretty good through my rig...

But when I switched over to the CD, within a few beats, she squealed--"WOW--what did you do? That sounds AMAZING! Is that a different version of that song?"...

I told her no--same song, same album. It's just that this is the CD played through a good CD player, and your iPod (I switched it back) sounds like this. And it's NOT your iPod--it's the way the music was ripped...

So then I explained how Lossless ripping to iTunes would make it sound WAY better. She agreed to try it.

And I believe she still--to this day (some five years later) has pretty much eschewed those free download sites, and is actually BUYING her music on CDs, and ripping them in Apple Lossless before porting them to her phone.

She STILL doesn't care about high-end audio gear, or the experience that it provides, but at least I opened her eyes on the dramatic improvement that lossless ripping can provide.

It was a small victory, but a victory none the less...
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

engtaz

"TAZ"

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:20 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:45 pm

So back to the OP, is there any way that us poor unfortunate non-attendees can get a copy of this year's CarverFest CD? I'd be willing to pay for shipping and duplication, or whatever.

All these great photos are really making me wish I would have made it this year. I'm massively bumming, and jonesing terribly for that "CarverFest Experience", and the CD's always help to bring a little smile...
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Richard, bring your Mac with you & we'll make a copy when you come here.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:58 pm

I enjoyed meeting all you guys (even Frankie). As Mark has not posted much since I joined, did not know much about him. He is an impressive guy, and easy to talk to. I wish he were my neighbor.

This CD mix is great.
Thanks.
Next

Return to CARVERFEST 2011