It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:31 am

Opinions

<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Opinions

I have to go with... WITHOUT
I never liked the "drawer pull" look at all.

I can see adding some kind of protection, but please use something a little nicer.
Just my cent-and-a-half.
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:38 pm

With out, you know they are hot let everyone else learn on their own.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Mr. M-500t

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 pm

DaveS wrote:With out, you know they are hot let everyone else learn on their own.

=D> =D> =D>

The best way to learn Dave ! My daughter Emily touched our Weber Grill with the palms of both hands when she was 1.5 years old. Guess what ? she doesn't even get close to a grill anymore. :)
<<

Dreamer

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:55 am

With, but they would look SUPER spiffy with a machined block like the Silvers...

I actually sort of dig the "handle=style" tube guards. They have a "retro" look to it, that says "this is HEAVY, HOT, and built like something from the 1940s". The flat topped box with tubes just sticking out design never was something I really liked. TO me, unprotected tubes just sitting on a box looks fragile, and seems like an expensive accident waiting to happen...
.....HT Rig • Sony STR-DG600 Receiver • Carver M-500t • Sony BDP-S1 • Sony DVP-NS3100ES • Apple Airport Express •
..............................• Martin Logan Scenarios, Logos • Realistic Minimus 7's • Velodyne F-1500b •

2 Ch. Rig • Carver C-4000t • Silver 7t's • Krell KAV-300i • Oppo DV-981HD • Benchmark DAC1-USB • MacBook Pro 17", iTunes •
......• Technics SL-1350 turntable with Sumiko headshell, leads, and Bluepoint cartridge • Martin Logan Sequels •

.........................................................-+-Click Here to see my system-+-
<<

RevAmish

M-400t CUBE

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:10 am

DaveS wrote:With out, you know they are hot let everyone else learn on their own.

+1
NOW PLAYING: Melos GK-1, Carver 305 monoblocks, FunkFirm Vector TT, Arcam DAC, MacMini w/JRiver, Philips CD-80, Revox B77, River Current AL-VIII speakers, River Current Cables
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:02 pm

Dreamer wrote:
I actually sort of dig the "handle=style" tube guards. They have a "retro" look to it, that says "this is HEAVY, HOT, and built like something from the 1940s".

Yeah, I like them, and my tiny tube Pre amp has some just like that. I will be looking into that as I put my system together.
<<

Jag_97470

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:46 pm

Who cares what everyone thinks, it's you that has to look and admire them. Oh, I like them! :D
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Opinions

Regardless of what you ultimately decide to do, I sure am glad you weren't nekkid when you took that photograph.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:46 pm

treitz3 wrote:Regardless of what you ultimately decide to do, I sure am glad you weren't nekkid when you took that photograph.

+100 x 1000!!! :lol:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

Shortcake

SILVER-7t

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Without, but what do I know?
It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony. - Benjamen Britten
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 2011