PayPal Food Fund this year ?!?!

Event Coordinators for CarverFest 2011
angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: PayPal Food Fund this year ?!?!

Post by angelod307 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:38 am

marinating contianers that i use are 5 gallon buckets that i get from pickles,feta cheese and what not. otherwise, i use the same containers that you buy at walmart from rubbermaid. the issue i see is storage. it would have to be spred out over the cabins as the refrigerators are small. so, carefull ordering of perishables are a must. just like ray, i really don't mind cooking for everyone, it's the clean up that i shy away from. if all we are really talking about in the first few days are 14-20 people, the menu's are simple. when more come by later on, that is when i sudjest the burgers, spaghetti(baked ziti), kabob's, pork chops, grilled chicken, lemon chicken and lemon potatoes(oven cooked), chicken and rice(done right this time), salads, sandwiches, etc...these are things that can be cooked early and that hold up well in a keep warm/cold enviorment. steaks and such are for sure a eat while hot deal, or it's just a waste.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:33 am

Just for everybody's knowledge, I have just invested in quantity containers of bread flour, powdered sugar, all purpose flour, wide egg noodles, garden rotini, elbow noodles, Cake flour, penne pasta and shell noodles. I will also have plenty of high rise instant yeast and I may have finally found a connection for fresh, live yeast that we could use at the event.

I also have about 100 of those "Forever Bread bags" we could use to keep whatever we bake fresh until it is consumed. Keep all this in mind when the recipes start flowing in.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Magnaryder wrote:
treitz3 wrote:
Magnaryder wrote: Everyone MUST sign up unless you're part of the cooking crew. That should spread the labor over most of the folks attending.
I'm sure that'll fly over like a lead balloon. How do you propose we hit the attendees with this news?

"Yo! You plan on attending? Cool. Now sign a list that's mandatory for everybody who attends that makes you kitchen bitch for the lunch/night."

Or did I read it the wrong way? :-s
The only thing that pissed me off in 2008 was having to clean up after the meals after I'd spent hours cooking them. I have no problem with the cooking, it's folks thinking I'm going to wait on them. That actually happened. FU(K THAT!!!! I'll wait on Dave and Bob that's no problem, my problem is folks coming to dinner and no even bothering to clean up after themselves. If everyone pitches in the 'Fest will go smoother. One issue is folks not realizing they CAN pitch in. Let the masses know in a nice way giving a little will go a long way making the time go smoother for all of us.

ray
Pammy I miss you!!!!

We can't do this well without help from the masses. We're looking at feeding 40-50 each meal for 5-6 days. It will take 2-3 hours to prepare each meal. I'd like to cut that time down....somehow. In 2008 I got alot of help from Jesse, Gary(TNRabbit), Roy and of course Jessica, Nicole and Alex. Mr. President really impressed me. Obviously out of his element but he pulled all the stops out to lend a hand. Gary and Roy were huge help also. Nicole was a great help, plus she has a bit of skill in the kitchen. If I could count on several folks giving that much effort in 2011 this year could be better.

The other option is to draft helpers now from the folks that have committed to the event. Find 4 folks(2 to prep and 2 to clean-up) that want to help out the cooks for each dinner and leave any other meals to each cabin.

I've been working on several new recipes while I've been getting my new two-wheeled acquisition ready for the upcoming riding season. I've got a killer chicken rub, new amaze-buche, Cajun burger, hotter than hot (spicy habanero) steak recipe, a new chocolate cake and some other taste-great things in my bag of tricks.

Who's gonna be there the first 5 day? Eddie you gonna make it early? If he's up for it Eddie and I can manage it with a little help until the hoard shows.

Angelo, what have you got in mind?

Anyone heard from Brock?

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:01 pm

So what's the total due for being there all the time????????????
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Ray, I'll have a 4x4 truck there from 15-18th, so I can haul grills or anything else necessary....let me know.

I gained 10lbs in 2008 while there....can we make it a little less decadent this time?!? O:)
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:05 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Ray, I'll have a 4x4 truck there from 15-18th, so I can haul grills or anything else necessary....let me know.
Damn, I quoted this because I thought he said "grits" which I love. He said "grills;. :(

I guess for cabin #5 we need to get up some breakfast, lunch, and snack menus. I need snacks. Like Gary, I can live a few days on PB&J, but no reason to do that on vacation.

All here who intend to stay in the best cabin - #5 should email carverfest@yahoo and check in so we can do this up right.

There is plenty of time to plan, no need to not be well fed and happy.

OO

p/s only have a 2X2 and if there will be snow - ain't coming - :rolleyes:

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 pm

I am willing to help out however I can - I will be there from 15th - 19th (Thur. - Sun.) Let me know what I can do to help.
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Catching up from that Atlanta trip finally...

Post by treitz3 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Thank you for willing to chip in. It sucked I did not have time to meet up with you this past weekend. I would plan on a preliminary plan of $7.00 a head only from Wednesday until Saturday night. We'll have to make it work from there and any and all help while we are there to assist with kitchen/cleanup stuff will most definitely help all involved.

Life keeps getting in the way with getting all things in line for this event but bear with me. I can see others are stepping up to the plate beforehand to make things go as smoothly as possible. Kudos to them. It is much appreciated.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

beemers417
!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post by beemers417 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:31 pm

What is the plan for smoking ribs, bacon, possibly pork shoulders,and chickens. As far as I know, three to five smokers will be down there. Big Tom and I have already volunteered to take the time to tend smokers. I am also on a restricted diet due to stomach problems. Most of the food proposed, I will not be able to eat. :-k
Gunter the wonder dog is watching you...

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Re: Catching up from that Atlanta trip finally...

Post by OconeeOrange » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:45 pm

treitz3 wrote:Thank you for willing to chip in. I
Bill me for the max.
I do like being with a lot of people chowing down.

To be honest, my tastes don't cover most things yall will cook on a grill.

That is just me and if I can put up with yall, you guys should do the same.
I eat meat, but my diet is what it is. I am not going to force down a steak just to fit in. I used to do that, but now I have more character.

I am a fat guy, but as an old guy, I choose what makes me that.

I don't want to offend or be noticed, but ---

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

FAAAAAAAAAAAAAK me!

Post by treitz3 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:46 pm

Tom, I had a long post typed out and my 'puter shit the bed.

Talk w/ Eddie and/or Ray for now. When life stops getting in the way for me, I'll get caught up.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:32 am

OconeeOrange wrote:
TNRabbit wrote:Ray, I'll have a 4x4 truck there from 15-19th, so I can haul grills or anything else necessary....let me know.
Damn, I quoted this because I thought he said "grits" which I love. He said "grills;. :(

I guess for cabin #5 we need to get up some breakfast, lunch, and snack menus. I need snacks. Like Gary, I can live a few days on PB&J, but no reason to do that on vacation.

All here who intend to stay in the best cabin - #5 should email carverfest@yahoo and check in so we can do this up right.

There is plenty of time to plan, no need to not be well fed and happy.

OO

p/s only have a 2X2 and if there will be snow - ain't coming - :rolleyes:
Actually, I meant to type GIRLS.....

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 am

I honestly dont care what we do as far as food. Bringing 3 teenagers, no matter how much food you get, it won't be enough for them :lol:

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 am

TNRabbit wrote:
Actually, I meant to type GIRLS.....

Rabbit- my bed may be in the "Yota" so I do not miss any of that! :D :lol: :D
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

bsturgeon89
TFM-55

Post by bsturgeon89 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:29 pm

I have this grill I can bring. It is easily transportable which is it's purpose.

http://www.samsclub.com/sams/shop/produ ... tId=183402

It doesn't have a lid but it getting freaking hot and it is big!!!!!

Let me know if you'd like me to bring it.

I'd be more than happy to help with any type of prep work!! I'd like to learn a few new recipes myself to bring back home.

I plan on arriving Wednesday which means I would probably arrive sometime Tuesday night. Can I crash in someone's cabin for a few hours?
Carverfest 2010 quote...I can't explain it right now, I'm drunk...

GO BUCKEYES

Return to “Event Coordinators for CarverFest 2011”