Pandora... Spent 12 hours yesterday...

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Pandora... Spent 12 hours yesterday...

Post by Toy Maker » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:32 am

I spent 12 hours yesterday listening to music I have never heard before.
With Pandora, you can create your own radio stations. All you have to do is type in an artist's name you like, and Pandora will play other songs by that and other artists it thinks you would like.
Well, I started with 1 artist, skipped songs till I heard something else I liked, then added that artist, and skipped songs till I heard another song I liked.. then added them, and so on.
I spent 12 hours doing nothing buy listening to new music. It is SO refreshing finding new music I LIKE !!!!
My tastes are pretty odd in the 1st place, and it's usually pretty hard to find a song I really like, and then most of the time I hate the rest of the album or everything else that artist did.
Pandora has solved all my problems as far as new music. I now have over 60 "personalized" radio stations that ALL play new and different artists I like. If something comes up I don't like, I just skip till I hear something I do like. If nothing comes up on that station for a while, I can just skip to one of the other 60 stations.
I'm STILL finding new artists I like !!!

I will never bother with an FM radio stations again, and no need to buy 500 CD's looking for music I don't like in the end.

Pandora is AMAZING !!!! You are still in the stone-age, and have no idea what you are missing if you don't start playing with internet radio !!!

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Pandora... Spent 12 hours yesterday...

Post by elgrau » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:51 am

Sounds cool...will try to try it...pandora.com?
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah, but he web app is limited to 40 hours a month I think. Then they charge you .99 for the rest of the month.
Mine is running through my Squeezebox, and it's unlimited as part of buying a Squeezebox.

Their annual subscription is like $35 I think. Pretty cheap either way.
Try it, and pay the $1 a month when your 40 hours are up to try it.

70chevelle
M-400t CUBE

Post by 70chevelle » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Been using pandora for about a month now. Using the free version. Aside from occasionally stopping to ensure I'm still listening, it's been fantastic. Not only listening to artists you love, but hearing songs you love from all different albums. It's pretty addicting and sounds fantastic. I stream it from my iPod touch and iPad thru a maverick dac in my main system, an HRT music streamer II in my office, and a Pure20 iPod doc/dac in my weight room.
Main: TFM-45, Sunfire Tube CCC, Maverick DAC, NAD525Bee, Vandy 2C, Laptop
Office: M-500, CT-6, SDA360, Paradigm Studio 20, HRT MSII, PC
HT: Acurus 200x3, HK AVR247, Paradigm Mini Monitors, CC290, Micros, Velodyne DSL3750
Wght Rm: HR732, Paradigm Micros, Pure20
House: Denon AVR1400, Niles spkr box, SpeakerCraft Ceilings, BA A60II's, BA T930's, PC
Bedroom: Yamaha AVR, Panasonic DVD/CD chgr, Paradigm CC50/Micros, Yam sub.
Headphones: AKG Q701's, Sennheiser HD238's
Patio: Yamaha AVR, KLH In/Out Speakers
Misc: HK 330i

Return to “Internet Radio”