FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:28 pm

Carverfest Tube amp-pulled a fast one on my son, Matt

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: Carverfest Tube amp-pulled a fast one on my son, Matt

frankieD wrote:On behalf of Matt, let me say what he cannot (being a good son) say.

YOUUUUU PRICK, YOU !

Frankie,

Remember, I have a "reputation" to protect. Although, my understanding it was somewhat compromised with the discussion between Terri, Bob C. and yourself.

I am sure Matt will have something of equal payback in the near future.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:17 pm

Don wrote:
frankieD wrote:On behalf of Matt, let me say what he cannot (being a good son) say.

YOUUUUU PRICK, YOU !

Frankie,

Remember, I have a "reputation" to protect. Although, my understanding it was somewhat compromised with the discussion between Terri, Bob C. and yourself.

Considering that I have that info...you etter be nice to me !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

OconeeOrange

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:30 pm

OconeeOrange wrote:I hope he told his Mom on you. [-X

OY177335.jpg
OY177335.jpg (214.93 KiB) Viewed 317 times
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Don, what you did was classic. Especially between a father and a son. Bravo!

I would have paid to have seen the look on his face when y'all first hit play. =D>
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:06 pm

frankieD wrote:
Don wrote:

YOUUUUU PRICK, YOU !

Frankie,

Considering that I have that info...you etter be nice to me !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Frankie,

Really enjoyed spending time with you. You should have been a stand up comic. You had us in stiches Saturday night at the party.
If ever in Florida, look us up. How am I doing? :lol: :lol:

Tom writes:

Don, what you did was classic. Especially between a father and a son. Bravo!
I would have paid to have seen the look on his face when y'all first hit play.

Tom,

It was great. I still chuckle about it. :D He was walking up to the left channel just to verify it was dead from his listening position. #-o

If I knew how to post pictures, I would have attached the picture of Bob C. and Matt doing a high 5 with the post after his amp checked out. He is really proud of that amp build.

I may get Matt to show me how to post pictures when we have breakfast Saturday. Have a couple of good ones.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Well Don, I have to be honest. I had a private chuckle when I first read your post. I distinctly remember him ribbing you [in a lovingly way, of course] because he was ahead of you in the first stages of the tube amp build...Ah, the way you got him back was priceless. I'm actually laughing as I type this [sorry Matt]. :lol:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

thuffman03

!! CarverFest Evictee !!

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:48 am

That is too funny. Good one!
Some cool Carver stuff!
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:49 am

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Well Don, I have to be honest. I had a private chuckle when I first read your post. I distinctly remember him ribbing you [in a lovingly way, of course] because he was ahead of you in the first stages of the tube amp build...Ah, the way you got him back was priceless. I'm actually laughing as I type this [sorry Matt]. :lol:

Yea, Matt and I are always ribbing each other. Nicole S. didn't quite know how to react sitting next to us when she first heard the chatter. 5 minutes later, she was right at home with us tossing in a few good ones of her own.

When we get together fishing is always a hoot as to who is going to catch the largest fish. In my younger days, we would race Jet Ski's against each other on a buoy course. That was always a memorable experience for ribbing also.

By the way, Nicole and Mike were my secret weapons for the latter part of Day 1 build and Day 2. Needless to say, in the end, Matt was dusted.
— Thomas Paine

RIP Bill D.
Previous

Return to CarverFest 20w Tube Amp