FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:17 am

OK Alex, Here you go ...

<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:36 pm

OK Alex, Here you go ...

Since you got stuck with all the parts even though you didn't really plan on it,
I thought it would only be fair to make it as easy on you as is humanly possible.

I never got my transformers for my second amp,
Here is my attempt to do everything I can think of to make it happen:

First, I made a custom shipping box with compartments for each transformer
so it's (hopefully) easy to pack them.
box pix.JPG

I put the following picture of the parts that I am missing into the box:
missing parts txt.JPG
missing parts txt.JPG (36.39 KiB) Viewed 694 times

That's 3 transformers, one capacitor, and a terminal strip.
If there is anything unclear about it, please just ask.

I also included a return address label for you to stick on the box:
return label.jpg
return label.jpg (22.95 KiB) Viewed 694 times

I am paying the shipping both ways.
All you have to do is put the label on the box and EITHER:
You can (1) drop it off at FedEx OR
you can (2) call FedEx and tell them when to come get it OR
you can (3) message/call me and I 'll call FedEx and have them go get it at a time that's convenient for you.

Now before you hit me with the inventory thing Bob wants you to do.
First, know this:
I called Bob Farinelli (after trying both your dad and you and then waiting a week after each attempt) and he said that if I paid you for two amps,
then I should get my second set of transformers.
As far as your inventory is concerned,
it shouldn't be relevant because I already paid for them!
I put $370 into your hand myself and you personally logged it.
I also had unlimited access to all of the spare parts while I was there because I was in cabin 5,
So, if there's a question as to whether this is an attempt to rip anyone to build an extra amp, I could have just taken all the parts I wanted while I was there and wouldn't have to be begging on the internet. And, I might add, spending a fortune on shipping. Hell, it was over $20 just to ship you the (almost) empty box and the transformers will add an additional 7 1/2 lbs, according to EdCor.

If there's any other single thing in the world that I can do to make this happen,
please let me know.
If I could drive down there and get them myself,
I would, believe me.
That said, If you'd like me to call Bob Carver's shop and beg them to tell him to let you send me my transformers, I'll do that.

This has been going on for a month now and I just want to build my other amplifier.
I understand that everyone is tired after Carverfest.
I scored a 58 on that test your dad posted, FWIW.
So, you can believe that I empathize with you about depression.
It runs in families and mine has it bad.

On a positive note, I somehow wound up with a wayward transformer cover:
cover.jpg

I have packed it in the box I sent.
It's just an output xfmr cover, but it's one less you have to search for.

Also, if the shipping box survives the round trip, I can send it back to you again so someone else can have their transformers shipped in it. It'll be at your house sometime this week. I think it went out 3 day air. Please, please, please, please send me my parts.
thank you
martin
Carver: ALS plat upgrades, TX-11a, C-9, C-1
Sunfire: Cinema Grand Sig 400 Seven x2
Rane: RPM88 26Z x3
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Re: OK Alex, Here you go ...

i am kinda lost. did anybody say that to you. who questioned that you did not get the parts?

there was a thread about just that, parts that were missed or overlooked. alex posted it. simple math and an invetory sheet will suggest nothing other than what you need is still there. are there transformers missing?
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:22 pm

angelod307 wrote:i am kinda lost. did anybody say that to you. who questioned that you did not get the parts?

No one accused anyone of anything.
One of the reasons Alex gave for not sending anything out yet was that Bob asked him to do an inventory first.
I was trying to second-guess the reason and eliminate it, so I can get my stuff.

angelod307 wrote:there was a thread about just that, parts that were missed or overlooked. alex posted it. simple math and an invetory sheet will suggest nothing other than what you need is still there. are there transformers missing?

As far as simple math and an inventory sheet goes....
Last I read, all the parts were in the trailer and had to get moved or unloaded or something so they can get the trailer out of the driveway.
So it probably all got dragged down to the shop and unloaded wherever and it's probably a big jumble of miscellaneous Carverfest whatnot.
I'm just thinking about how much of a pain in the ass it's going to be to get all of that stuff dug out of boxes and sorted, etc, etc.
'Pain in the ass' usually equals 'not getting done any time soon'
The more shit Alex has to do, the less likely it is that I'm going to see my stuff soon.
Remember, this is basically him doing us a favor.
He's not getting paid to put stuff in boxes and send it off.
He's not getting paid to inventory this stuff.
And it's not in his best interest to do something Bob asked him not to do.
Plus he can't just drive down to the shop anytime he wants.
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:45 am

Martin1970 wrote:
angelod307 wrote:there was a thread about just that, parts that were missed or overlooked. alex posted it. simple math and an invetory sheet will suggest nothing other than what you need is still there. are there transformers missing?

As far as simple math and an inventory sheet goes....
Last I read, all the parts were in the trailer and had to get moved or unloaded or something so they can get the trailer out of the driveway.
So it probably all got dragged down to the shop and unloaded wherever and it's probably a big jumble of miscellaneous Carverfest whatnot.
I'm just thinking about how much of a pain in the ass it's going to be to get all of that stuff dug out of boxes and sorted, etc, etc.
'Pain in the ass' usually equals 'not getting done any time soon'
The more shit Alex has to do, the less likely it is that I'm going to see my stuff soon.
Remember, this is basically him doing us a favor.
He's not getting paid to put stuff in boxes and send it off.
He's not getting paid to inventory this stuff.
And it's not in his best interest to do something Bob asked him not to do.
Plus he can't just drive down to the shop anytime he wants.

Martian, all of the parts are here at the house. The reason inventory has not be completed is because the tube amps are not my full time job... I work on the amps when I have time. Since my father and I have been going back to work, I have not worked on an amp, we worked all through the weekend which was the time I was going to finish Brock's second amp and start on Wayne's stereo amps...

When it comes to the transformers,I will send you yours, and I will send Bill his ASAP. When it comes to tag strips and caps, I'm sorry, but I cannot help you... The bag that had all of the extra components is not here with the transformers and kits... We have not seen the bag since CF, we think Bob took it back to WA in the box that got packed up at the last minute... I had to personally buy parts to make the 7-8 kits that were left over complete.
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:59 am

AlexSauter wrote:When it comes to the transformers,I will send you yours, and I will send Bill his ASAP.

Thank you so much. You made my day.

AlexSauter wrote: When it comes to tag strips and caps, I'm sorry, but I cannot help you... The bag that had all of the extra components is not here with the transformers and kits... We have not seen the bag since CF, we think Bob took it back to WA in the box that got packed up at the last minute... I had to personally buy parts to make the 7-8 kits that were left over complete.

Thank you for clarifying that. What was your original source for the tag strips and the cap? I'd like to use the same parts in both amps if I can.

100th post!
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:16 am

100th post!
.....Congrats Martin!!! =D> =D> =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

Toy Maker

Puppet Master

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:21 am

Martin1970 wrote:
AlexSauter wrote:When it comes to the transformers,I will send you yours, and I will send Bill his ASAP.

AlexSauter wrote: When it comes to tag strips and caps, I'm sorry, but I cannot help you... The bag that had all of the extra components is not here with the transformers and kits... We have not seen the bag since CF, we think Bob took it back to WA in the box that got packed up at the last minute... I had to personally buy parts to make the 7-8 kits that were left over complete.

Thank you for clarifying that. What was your original source for the tag strips and the cap? I'd like to use the same parts in both amps if I can.

100th post!

I don't think you get it....
WE DID NOT BUY ANY OF THE PARTS. We have no idea where any of the parts came from.
Bob and Jordon bought and ordered everything. Only 65 kits were shipped to CF. they still have ALL the extra parts in Washington.

Alex isn't trying to be difficult... He really does not have any extra parts, except for a few extra transformers and 35 chassis. Like he said, I had to buy a few parts just so he could finish the few amps he had to build here.
And we have no clue where Bob bought anything from. Jordon did all that leg work, and he's back in collage now.

A simple Google search pulls up tons of them.
http://www.google.com/search?q=tag+stri ... 24&bih=672
Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it's very important that you do it... because nobody else will.

‎~You think Einstein walked around thinkin' everyone was a bunch of dumb shits?~

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE MUSIC!
╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:22 am

Martin1970 wrote:

100th post!

Unfortunately, I did not have to replace tag strips or the small black cap that you are missing.... I had to buy fuses, the small tan 100 pf, disk looking caps and 470K resistors...
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:36 am

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Toy Maker wrote:I don't think you get it....
WE DID NOT BUY ANY OF THE PARTS.

You're right. I didn't get it. Now that I've been told ONCE, I get it. Thank you.

Since we're on the subject, you might want to let Farinelli know.

He thinks you have all the parts for 100 kits, minus what you sold.

Toy Maker wrote:Alex isn't trying to be difficult... He really does not have any extra parts, except for a few extra transformers and 35 chassis. Like he said, I had to buy a few parts just so he could finish the few amps he had to build here.
And we have no clue where Bob bought anything from. Jordon did all that leg work, and he's back in collage now.

I'm not accusing anyone of being difficult. See:

Martin1970 wrote:Remember, this is basically him doing us a favor.

and
Martin1970 wrote:Thank you for clarifying that. What was your original source for the tag strips and the cap? I'd like to use the same parts in both amps if I can.

Toy Maker wrote:A simple Google search pulls up tons of them.
http://www.google.com/search?q=tag+stri ... 24&bih=672

Yeah, i did a Google search and they all looked a little different and I didn't know some of the suppliers, etc. Since I didn't (at that time) realize that you guys didn't get the parts, I erroneously thought it would just be simpler to get them from the same source. Again, sorry for not knowing that.

The point of this thread is for me to do whatever you want me to do so that I can get my parts.
I think it's clear that I'm trying to make that process as simple for you as possible.
I've asked repeatedly, both in this thread, and in private messages, if there's anything else you'd like me to do.
If there is, all you have to do is tell me.
I'll do whatever I can.
thanks again.
martin
Last edited by Martin1970 on Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:04 pm

I think a decimal point may have got you there Gary.
<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:28 pm

From what I heard the reason those tag strips look different is because the ones we got in theu build kits were 20 years old, (Part of Bob's personal stash) remember we had to scrub them down with steel wool to get the corrosion off so the solder would stick? You will be looking for antiques..
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:33 pm

DaveS wrote:From what I heard the reason those tag strips look different is because the ones we got in theu build kits were 20 years old, (Part of Bob's personal stash) remember we had to scrub them down with steel wool to get the corrosion off so the solder would stick? You will be looking for antiques..

Thanks for the heads up.
I'm not much of a fan of searching for hours for something worth less than $1
<<

TNRabbit

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Martin1970 wrote:
I think a decimal point may have got you there Gary.

Yeah, linked the wrong page...
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:23 pm

Found 'em for 12 cents at Mouser.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=UPJ1V221MPD6TDvirtualkey64700000virtualkey647-UPJ1V221MPD6TD

I'll order a few just in case anyone else needs a couple.
Next

Return to CarverFest 20w Tube Amp