FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:03 pm

OK Alex, Here you go ...

<<

frankieD

Frankie The Mouth

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Re: OK Alex, Here you go ...

O.K. Martin, nobody ever splain it to me like that before.

If I get Prius next yesr you get to ride in it.

Only Treitz has had that honor before so you should feel good about it.

See you then.
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:20 pm

All this "consternation" must be why Heathkit (a division of some big corp. that starts with an S...) gave up the ghost and got out of the electronic kit business years ago..... :lol: :lol:

Built MANY of their kits (Receiver, printer, PC terminal, RC system, solar HW system, DVM, etc.) and never had ONE problem with parts.....but I bet they were STILL inundated with thousands of complaints from folks who should never have tried to build anything electronic in the 1st place....
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

BillD

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Location: The west's most mid-western town, Scottsdale, Arizona

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:38 pm

It was Schlumberger. Heath was a separate company that was bought by Daystrom in 1954. Daystrom was absorbed by Schlumberger.
It should sound like it isn't there!
There is a difference between hearing and listening...
Making life enjoyable through expensive electronics.

Martin1970

TFM-25

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:48 pm

elgrau wrote:All this "consternation" must be why Heathkit (a division of some big corp. that starts with an S...) gave up the ghost and got out of the electronic kit business years ago..... :lol: :lol:

Built MANY of their kits (Receiver, printer, PC terminal, RC system, solar HW system, DVM, etc.) and never had ONE problem with parts.....but I bet they were STILL inundated with thousands of complaints from folks who should never have tried to build anything electronic in the 1st place....

The implication being that the customer's always the bad guy.
Poor, poor hassled James and Alex, right?
Meany Martin picking on them about his parts, right?
Read the fucking thread Elgrau.
Don't just skim over it and draw a bunch of wrong conclusions.
It's going to bore you to tears, but I was actually pretty damned nice about it all.
Shipping is the third rail of carveraudio.com.
Sorry I touched it.
I like James and I like Alex
Now let's all move the fuck on.
Guys, go ahead and lock it.
Carver: ALS plat upgrades, TX-11a, C-9, C-1
Sunfire: Cinema Grand Sig 400 Seven x2
Rane: RPM88 26Z x3
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:25 pm

MARTIN'S TRANSFORMERS HAVE BEEN MAILED OUT, NOT BECAUSE HE PESTERED US, OR DROVE US UP THE WALL, BUT BECAUSE I DO WHAT I SAY I AM GOING TO DO.

I don't want anyone thinking I am being a dick, if I forgot parts or tools or anything else while at CarverFest, and the person who had them was too busy to box them up, I would have done EXACTLY what Martin did!!!
Martin did an EXCELENT job making my life easy! He made custom foam inserts for all 3 transformers, an easily removable top cap foam, he returned an extra Transformer cover,he filled out both shipping to and returning slips, AND paid for the box to be shipped BOTH WAYS ahead of time!!!

to that I say, with much appreciation, THANK YOU MARTIN!!!!
I would also like to apologize to Martin for spelling his name wrong all the time... Honestly, I did not know, I never read his user name.... ](*,) ](*,)

OK Alex, Here you go ... THREAD RESOLVED
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

TNRabbit

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:03 pm

Them's some damn fine lookin' amplifier innards, Martin~

=D> =D> =D> =D>
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:27 pm

Sorrry.....I was only making a very GENERAL observation about all the "pitfalls" of trying to do electronic kits. The opportunity for "unhappy customers" is huge, that's all. Was also marveling at how well Heathkit actually did do it...and even they must have decided the hassles just not worth it. That's all......also was combining (in my "observations") ALL the threads about the "making" of these tube amps kits and all the work/coordination/issues that were involved that on the surface one would just never anticipate....hat's off to Bob, TM, Alex, et al, and all those who've managed to build their amps!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
Previous

Return to CarverFest 20w Tube Amp