FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:01 am

CARVERFEST TUBE AMP BUILD UPDATE - (((END OF PROJECT)))

<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:23 am

CARVERFEST TUBE AMP BUILD UPDATE - (((END OF PROJECT)))

As of right now, I have enough parts to build one more amp after I send the parts to Dan for the second amp he bought... I have no transformers.. transformer covers, no wire, and no tubes... I have decided that I will be shipping all of the remaining parts to Bob and Jordan, they will be in charge of what now has turned into a clusterfuck of a build.... OO, I know you still sign on and read the forum, you will have to contact Bob and ask him to ship you transformers because I do not have enough to send you any... I'm sorry, but part shortage is on Bob and Jordan. I have been waiting 2 months for Transformer Covers, Tubes, and Zener diodes from Bob, which he promised he would send BEFORE Halloween and I am still waiting... ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

There will be a total of 10 Carverfest Tube Amps that I have build, finished, tested, and approved to be working 100% when I finish Wayne's last 2...

Dan, I will ship you or BillD your second kit, but I have no transformer covers, no Zeners, no wire, and no tubes for it... I am sorry, but thats the best I can do....

If anyone is missing anything, please PM me and I will send you Bob's and Jordan's Personal contact information and you will have to go from there.

At this point, this project has cost me money that I cannot spare... I have no idea how many parts and kits Bob has out there, but I know I do not have enough to do anything more...

Sorry guys,

Alex
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

AlexSauter

Site Admin

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:48 am

Re: CARVERFEST TUBE AMP BUILD UPDATE - (((END OF PROJECT)))

To all who it concerns,

I talked to Bob this past weekend and he told me, "I don't have enough tubes to send you sets for 11 amplifiers, you are on your own."

I am tired of being "the bad guy" for Bob, I have been waiting on him for 72 DAYS (and counting) for ANY kind of parts and pieces that were needed to finish the amps I have built.......... That said, I am sending out all of the amplifiers that I have completed WITHOUT tubes, I cannot afford them, nor do I have the time to look for "cheaper" ones.... Bob's original price of $25 an amp in tubes shot up to $50-$75 when he switched over to the Electro Harminex tubes.

To stop any kind of argument on the fact that I collected money with my father, WE GAVE IT TO BOB THE DAY HE LEFT! We did not keep one cent of the money BOB recieved from CarverFest. Please do not ask me for refunded money for your tubes or ask me to ask Bob for a refund for your tubes, call him yourself! I do not have a buddy-buddy relationship with Bob, he is my BOSS not my friend...

As for OO's Transformers, THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO!!! I have reminded Bob MANY times, and I get the same answer every time, " Sure, Ok, I will send them out ASAP." Then he disappears on a vacation for a week and forgets about it!!!!

My father is on the phone with Bob right now and has reminded him YET AGAIN for all the parts and OO's Transformers.... We will see what happens this time....

I am sorry for any inconveniences for anyone here on the forum,

Alex

PS: I am not doing this again next year!!!
RIP BillD
BillD wrote:Well, some people are glass half empty people and some are glass half full. Being an engineer, I just think the glass is the wrong size.

My system (sitting in the garage):

(Stereo System)
Modified Carver AL III+'s (Pushed into the corners to make room for the ALS speakers)
Modified CarverFest 2011 20w tube amplifier
Carver Pro PT-1800
Sunfire Prototype TGA-2375
Carver TX-2 Tuner (not used)
Logitech Squeezebox (replaced Tuner & dad's CD player)
CARVERaudio Directional RCA interconnects
RCA-Headphone jack for iPod & iPhone
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:43 pm

No worries Alex. Even with me buying my own tubes, still a great deal and a wonderful experience for me personally. Everything is 8) with me!

Going to replace Carverfest stock tubes anyway based on one of the forum member's recommendation. Thanks Dan.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:23 pm

AlexSauter wrote:PS: I am not doing this again next year!!!

Alex,
I do not blame you one bit! In trying to HELP others get their amps built all you got was headache after headache for your good intentions!!!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:14 pm

I still think you're a super nice guy Alex. Thanks for building my amps!!! =D>
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

angelod307

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:11 pm

good job there Alex, well done.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:06 am

Alex, could you post a detailed pic as to where the zener diode that bob recommended we put in should be soldered in? not sure where it is supposed to go?? or anyone else who has already done it?? thanks!!
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 amazing speakers in natural oak & Douglas connection cables

Return to CarverFest 20w Tube Amp