It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:34 am

Carverfest Cable Raffle

<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:57 am

Re: Carverfest Cable Raffle

kingman wrote:
Isn't it great we can all laugh about this kind of stuff. Doug, again no worries. We are all friends.
...Yes it is! Sometimes a soft "push" is needed to make things happen. I vote for the Shut the fuck up roadshow name. :lol:

While I agree Frankie's quote is appropiate, Kingman, you are on the "naughty list" and have no vote. [-X [-X [-X =; =; =; :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chris, you are third on the list after Harry and George. PM me your address. Each participate will be responsible to mail to the next person. Roadshow will end when my 75 comes back. 8)
Attachments
Naughty Christmas List.jpg
Naughty Christmas List.jpg (12.93 KiB) Viewed 209 times
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:25 am

I'm glad you guys worked this out. Doug's cables will not disappoint you. If anything they will be a eye opener. I had the pleasure of auditioning four different types of his speaker cables and two different interconnects. They were all well built with excellent sonics and offered excellent "bang for the buck". His Furez speaker cables I would say were equal or almost equal to my Audioquest cables that cost about six times more. I am planning a new system and Doug's cables will be used through out.
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

frenchguy

SILVER-7t

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:48 pm

Why does that horses ass look like it has a bullseye on it ? LOL
Carver M-4.0t & Rollandized tfm42, ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A & JBL L96,s Modified JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carverfest vacuum tube amp & CF Linestage, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Carver AL3 Amazing speakers in natural oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Douglas connection cables
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:10 pm

If anybody doesnt like your cables and wants to get rid of them CALL ME! :D :D :D
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Vintage Hi-Fi modified Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:34 am

OK, since it is my Roadshow, I get to name it. :-k While my "Dear Friend" Frankie's quote is "certainly appropiate in this particular case", :lol: :lol: :lol: I have chosen the "Softball approach with a little tact thrown in". O:) Therefore, I am going to call this "The Horses's Ass" Roadshow in honor of our "Dear Friend" Kingman. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Horse's Ass Roadshow has officially begun with Doug's I/C dropped off at Fed Ex this morning on their way to Harry's. =D> =D>

Doug, we are all having fun with this one. :lol: :lol: 8) 8) Therefore, once the evaluations come in, we can always cut and paste "The Horse's Ass Roadshow" (in honor of our good friend Kingman) review of your cables in a new thread. :-k :lol:

Thank you once again Doug for donating the cables and my Dear Friend Kingman for drawing my name. =D> =D>
Attachments
Horse's Ass.jpg
Horse's Ass.jpg (60.71 KiB) Viewed 175 times
Last edited by Don on Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP Bill D.
<<

Snoop65

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Good job Don! =D> =D> =D> =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+CARVER SD/A 390t=WOW!!!!!!
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 pm

Don I know you are a great forum member and I was thinking it would be a good idea for you to roadshow the 75 also.....put me down as the first one on the list! [-o< \:D/ [-o< \:D/ [-o<
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:39 pm

kingman wrote:
Damn I'm good!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too! :lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta love this forum where we can trash talk to good friends. \:D/

Snoop,

Thanks. 8)

MRHP: Just how many megawatt amps do you need? I think you are already dimming the lights! :lol:
— Thomas Paine

RIP Bill D.
<<

MRHP

TFM-75

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:47 pm

Don wrote:
kingman wrote:
Damn I'm good!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Me too! :lol: :lol: :lol: Gotta love this forum where we can trash talk to good friends. \:D/

Snoop,

Thanks. 8)

MRHP: Just how many megawatt amps do you need? I think you are already dimming the lights! :lol:

8) 8) 8) The more the better...LOL
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0001
Baby Black serial #0002
Bone Stock Lightstar
Cherry/260's
Carver 490t
Sunfire Tube preamp
ProJect TT Tube preamp
DENON DP-62L TurnTable
DQ-20's
Douglas Cables
More Douglas cables
<<

Don

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:46 pm

Forum members with my Douglas Connection Roadshow I/C's, please post your reviews in this new thread. Thread name: "Douglas Connection I/C Roadshow"

Here is my explanation and thread for posting:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17674

Cut and Paste from above thread:

If my "Roadshow Forum members" don't mind posting their thoughts here regarding my "Douglas Connection" I/C's that are being circulated. The other thread was fun, but it has gotten cluttered up by me ribbing "Kingman," as a result of his post. He was an outstanding sport, as always, during the whole process.

The purpose of this thread is to remain focused on my I/C's donated by forum member Doug and circulated for review among members. It was a very nice and thoughtful donation on Doug's part and I don't want to lose sight of that and we need to remain focused as a result.

So far, the list includes the following:

1. Harry (Hewlew1) On the way-Fed Exed today
2. George (Zoot Horn)
3. Chris (Cringe)

Rules are simple: 2 week audition, mail to next forum member, post thoughts here in this thread and Roadshow ends when my 75 comes back from Rolland.

Thanks Doug for the donation and Kingman for drawing my name.

Other forum members with Doug's I/C's are free to post their reviews here also.
— Thomas Paine

RIP Bill D.
<<

Chauss

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:03 pm

Hey Don-
Count me in....the name of the Roadshow is what drew me in! :lol:
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein
<<

kingman

(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:38 pm

kingman wrote:
in fact added incentive to move my lazy ass.
Great...I expect your review in the next 2 weeks. :) ...OK...I believe Zucher has a pair up there in Pittsburgh Hi-Fi heaven...what about you Tommy???? :-s

Frankie...we are getting close...have you put the cables in yet??? :-s
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!
<<

kingman

Post Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:45 am

kingman wrote:
kingman wrote:
in fact added incentive to move my lazy ass.
Great...I expect your review in the next 2 weeks. :) ...OK...I believe Zucher has a pair up there in Pittsburgh Hi-Fi heaven...what about you Tommy???? :-s

Frankie...we are getting close...have you put the cables in yet??? :-s

FRANKIE!!!! GET OFF YOUR ASS!!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
<<

kingman

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:19 pm

However your bullshit post is in fact added incentive to move my lazy ass. So I suppose a case could be made for that.
...Obviously you have been busy in some sort of capacity...so to put it mildly....please tell us when you are in putting the cables in your system. ](*,)
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 2012