*OconeeOrange* takes the reigns for CarverFest 2012

It's all about the music this time. SEP 7-17
treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:49 pm

You know, Wayne.... you could help us out a bit [yourself as well] by talking to Angelo behind the scenes. See what you two come up with. Carverfest and all of the planning does not have to be dictated or driven solely by James and I. You're both adults and you both can chat and see what can be worked out. IMO, it really should not HAVE to fall on our shoulders.

Just my thoughts at the moment...... :wink:
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Re: The Drama Queen bails and Carverfest resumes as normal.

Post by Toy Maker » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:56 pm

Agreed... I fully expect people to be talking behind the scenes, trying to get roommates that they want to bunk with, but are spending the same amount of time at CF.

Angelo, should be looking at the list of 10 day attendees and seeing who he wants to bunk with.. Wayne should be looking at the part timers list, and see who's going to be there the same days he will......and so on...

I don't plan on telling you WHO you have to room with.....But in the end, there may only be two people left that really need to bunk together... We will see. We have a LONG WAY TO GO still.

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:00 pm

I would like to get in this at some point so I must ask now - Who's the sleeping chainsaw? Farting and snoring! Put me with someone else PLEASE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:24 pm

kingman wrote:Thank you for your explanation. I will await your fair implementation of that explanation.
=D>
=D>
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:17 am

Cool... Just want to make sure everyone understands why and how we are doing things the way we have been.

I honestly don't care who bunks with who. The goal here is to keep what happened last year from happening again. Tom had one of his roommates not show up for the entire event which left an open bedroom in Tom's cabin. Mike was the only person in cabin five for the majority of the week. There was really no reason we couldn't have moved Mike from cabin five into Tom's cabin and left cabin five alone completely. That cabin shouldn't have been disturbed at all unless two or three rooms were filled. Keep in mind every cabin thats used, even for one day cost Tim money. He has to have the cleaning crew come back In and go through the entire cabin... and I found out that Tim pays a flat rate per cabin, so regardless of how many rooms were used, he would have to pay X amount of money for the people to show up, clean the cabin, clean everything else, and clean out the hot tub etc. so it's very expensive for Tim if only one bedroom is use in a three bedroom cabin.

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:21 am

Scarabeo wrote:I would like to get in this at some point so I must ask now - Who's the sleeping chainsaw? Farting and snoring! Put me with someone else PLEASE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

REALLY ..... .???

That's the most helpful you could possibly be in this discussion?

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:25 am

I will be editing this thread and deleting all the bullshit, and may turn it into a useful thread for attendee placement suggestions / requests... we'll see how much of this thread is really worth saving in the end.

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:17 am

I'm guessing a page and a half. I'd just save this one, close the thread and start over though. You know, KISS.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Scarabeo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:34 am

Toy Maker wrote:
Scarabeo wrote:I would like to get in this at some point so I must ask now - Who's the sleeping chainsaw? Farting and snoring! Put me with someone else PLEASE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

REALLY ..... .???

That's the most helpful you could possibly be in this discussion?
Yeah Really! I am reading too much nit picking and I would be happy just to make it and be there! I don't fucking care where you stick me or place me as long as I am there. From what I have read on how things are done - Every ones treated well on there request.
Its a simple thing really. If you want to go to Carverfest, James and Tom set you up - then you pay and make your self useful and part of the whole thing and help out - Have some fun and go home and plan for the next year!!! Right? Am I missing something?

Once I get the money and pay and know I will be there 100% I would like nothing else then to help in any way I can and who ever needs help! If I am not happy I think it would be my own fault but that will not happen!
BillD, You will be forever with us! RIP until we meet again on the other side...

Scarabeo
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re:

Post by Scarabeo » Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:46 am

treitz3 wrote:I'm guessing a page and a half. I'd just save this one, close the thread and start over though. You know, KISS.
I don't want to be a guy talking out of his ass just cause I have yet to make a CarverFest but you have done a Excellent job! You made dreams a reality and from those I have talked to who have been there I hear nothing but Love from them and they have asked me to not miss out - If there were any issues it was with that person and not you guys!!!
=D> =D> =D>

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re:

Post by TNRabbit » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:28 am

treitz3 wrote:I'm guessing a page and a half. I'd just save this one, close the thread and start over though. You know, KISS.

I agree.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2012”