Cabin Reservations - Carverfest 2012

It's all about the music this time. SEP 7-17
Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Cabin Reservations - Carverfest 2012

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:17 am

Al,, i hope you are getting better quick--you and your lovely wife will be missed.

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:19 am

Zoot Horn wrote:Janice and I will be in Cabin 1-- I'm sure she will have/prepare her "wedding soup" or something special this year for all.

One more thing-- could you guys take your issues to pm's,, all of this bickering is kinda bumming me out.
Please and thanks.
Hey George, your excessive class (high) is showing.

It looks good!!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Frankie,, if that's a compliment,,thank you sir!!,, otherwise---NO SOUP for YOU--1 Year 8)

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:15 pm

Hey Frankie,How have you been man? Is it true as the song says that it never rains in Southern California ](*,)
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:49 pm

or as H Chapin once said/sung,,"how are ya Harry"

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Harry Chapin wrote: Through the too many miles
And the too little smiles
I still remember you

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: Re:

Post by TNRabbit » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Martin1970 wrote:
treitz3 wrote:
Martin1970 wrote:At least the annoying shit he's said is still there for all to see.
Your crazy drunken rants get deleted because you're not man enough to leave them up and answer for them.
"proof earlier in the thread"
Sad man, real sad.
Hello, Martin, glad to see you act like a gentleman. The idiotic posts were deleted because I was attempting to raise the caliber of the forum. Posts like this only add to the destruction of the forum.

Tom

So, you deleted YOUR idiotic posts to raise the caliber of the forum?
But left everyone else's?
Seriously?

You got a pass for a year on that crap, but it's pushing it a bit too far when you invite people to look back in the thread after you took out the part where you were a dick.

Hated to call you on it because I think you're an OK guy otherwise.

When someone calls you on something you obviously did wrong.
Be a gentleman,
And elevate the caliber of the forum.
Take responsibility for your own part.

Tom, EVERYONE knows you delete posts.....it's not a big secret.

Some think it's funny, others think it's a crock of shit, I think it's both~

Anywho, don't get yer panties in a wad. It's just a bunch of text on the internet. Take your medicine, ESPECIALLY since you brought it up.

I rolled with the punches on cabin 5 last year because I didn't want to be a dick to EVERYONE building an amp. It sucked, but I got over it. Hell, Mike (mbskeam) paid for a room the entire time there, he's got more cause to be pissed than anyone, if anyone's going to be pissed. It's a year over now & I don't care anymore.

& Bill, take the cabin & do what you want with it, for fuck sake~
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:56 pm

FYI-Anyone coming late to the party, there is no free night(s) in the Lofts or the Treehouses. Only applies to the large Watershed cabins. At this point, only affects OCCD Kingman and I. Not a big deal in Kingman's case because he is flush with cash, 8) :rolleyes: :lol: but it may make a difference to others. Here is a cut and paste from Watershed staff:

Reservations Desk, Aug 08 04:19 pm (EDT):

Hello Don,

Unfortunately, the $99 per night for the Woodland Lofts and Treehouses are already at a discounted rate and would not apply to the 3rd night free special. The 3rd night free special only applies to nights at full price which would be all the other cabins except for the Treehouses and Woodland Lofts. I apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have caused you.

Thank you,
Nicole
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:22 pm

hewlew1 wrote:Hey Frankie,How have you been man? Is it true as the song says that it never rains in Southern California ](*,)

Hey Harrry, sorry it took so long to answer you...I got caught in the rain.. :lol: :lol:

Actually a truer statement would be "It hardly ever rains in Southern California" but sometimes it does.

Looking forward to seeing you next month and I hope the weather there improves. Way too hot & Humid for me !

Last year we had pretty near perfect weather. I remember the year before when it rained every fucking day & monsooned on the day I left. Fucked up all my flights.

Anyway time is getting short.

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:54 pm

The song goes:

"It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya....it pours....man, it pours!"

TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:53 am

Rabbit wrote:
The song goes:

"It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya....it pours....man, it pours!"

This song is about going broke in CA. I BELIEVE (without checking...) that the lyrics are:

"It never rains in California, but girl, don't they warn ya....it poors....man, it poors!"

A play on words....

And before you say no, check the original handwritten lyrics from the writer...
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:26 pm

All 3 lofts are a done deal! :D
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:48 pm

frenchguy wrote:Well said george!! why bother bringing up the past? it is what it is you cant change it so why bother bringing it up? why not just enjoy carverfest like it was meant to be!! different people from all walks of life enjoying a common hobby ! I wish the hell I could go this year ! frenchguy

yeah, i wish you could too.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:09 pm

Thanks Angelo, the closer it gets the more depressed we are that we are not going !! hopefully my cardiac rehab goes well & I can go back to work in 6 weeks ! we plan on going next year thats for damn sure !! all you guys have a great time & please post pics so we can atleast see that you guys are having a great time ! take care everyone & plan on seeing us next year ! we miss you guys & look forward to seeing all you again !! you all will be on our minds !! have a safe trip & have fun ! Al & Melody Rougeux
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:19 am

Al, you and Melody will be missed. Take Care.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Return to “CARVERFEST 2012”