Gunman turns 'Batman' screening into real-life 'horror film'

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Gunman turns 'Batman' screening into real-life 'horror film'

Post by Chauss » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:42 pm

(CNN) -- The suspect in the mass shooting at an Aurora, Colorado, movie theater screening of the new Batman film early Friday had colored his hair red and told police he was "the Joker," according to a federal law enforcement source with detailed knowledge of the investigation.
At least 12 people were killed in the rampage and 59 were wounded.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/20/us/colora ... index.html
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Gunman turns 'Batman' screening into real-life 'horror f

Post by Snoop65 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:57 pm

Absolutely sad. I hope people don't try to be "copy cats"
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:13 pm

Horrific tradgedy. :( Death is to good for this animal. I am sorry, but I hope he gets his butt "reamed" in prison for the rest of his days on earth before preceding to hell.

Prayers sent to all family members and victims. [-o<
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:19 pm

I just wish the news would stop all the coverage. Gloifies him too much for similar idiots of his kind. :-k
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:32 pm

kingman wrote:I just wish the news would stop all the coverage. Gloifies him too much for similar idiots of his kind. :-k
So true
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:20 pm

The only thought that comes to me is:

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE THESE DAYS

Apparently this guy had a pretty good life.

I just don't understand this kind of shit.

We'll be supporting this asshole for years now.

Martin1970
TFM-35

Post by Martin1970 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Was just discussing that earlier. On the one hand, these nutjobs don't deserve the attention. On the other hand, if it wasn't for the tragedy of school shootings, this nation would have never addressed the abuse/bullying that goes on in schools (and the workplace.) I am not condoning this stuff in any way, but it seems like massive violent tragedy is the only thing that pulls a reaction out of us as a society. What does that say about us?

Maybe I'm just being cynical.
Carverfest 10: Celebrating the life of our TNRabbit

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:59 pm

Apparently he was working towards a neurophysiology degree and then dropped out or got kicked out - scary to think he could have been studying and molding other's minds.

On another note, my oldest boy was working last night and had a gun put in his face. He is a big boy and his first reaction was to be sarcastic and bitch slap the guy, but thankfully when he was told to get down, he did. After all, he is big, but he is no match for a bullet.

I got the call this morning and was told he was safe, the fear left and anger set in. After all, don't mess with my boys. I just thank goodness this didn't go any other way.

I just imagine how worse things can happen, because we all know, there will be copycats. Unfortunately, there will also be those who start to carry guns into the theaters and other arenas just to be safe, and those people could very well end up making other headlines. Everyone may be able to own a gun, doesn't mean everyone should own a gun.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 pm

Thinking of renewing my CCP because of idiots like this!!!
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:34 am

Chauss wrote:Thinking of renewing my CCP because of idiots like this!!!
=D> =D> =D> Not sure it would've helped in this specific situation but I agree, thinking about renewing mine as well...

The tear gas in an already dark theater would of made it near impossible to even see the shooter, add the fact he was wearing bullet proof attire and spraying bullets in a sold out theater would of made trying to shoot him not only dangerous to oneself but to everyone else around him, unless you happened to be in the front row right next to him, in which case you'd probably be shot already by the time you figured out whats going on. :? :? :?
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Return to “Crazy News Of The Day”