Sunfire Signature 600-two vs. Cinema Grand

Sunfire Home Audio (Stereo) Discussions and Questions
TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Re: Sunfire Signature 600-two vs. Cinema Grand

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:00 am

Glad you're happy with your new toys~

As stated, GOING ACTIVE is a lot of fun & miles of difference in sound: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12067&hilit=~GONE+ACTIVE~

That said, it's a slippery slope that requires a lot of time, EFFORT & $$ to do right. I'd recommend your try Angelo's suggestion of rebuilding the passive crossovers first. I believe there are a couple of commercial enterprises that offer AL-III crossover rebuilds.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Post by BobSmi57 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:43 pm

TNRabbit wrote:Glad you're happy with your new toys~

As stated, GOING ACTIVE is a lot of fun & miles of difference in sound: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12067&hilit=~GONE+ACTIVE~

That said, it's a slippery slope that requires a lot of time, EFFORT & $$ to do right. I'd recommend your try Angelo's suggestion of rebuilding the passive crossovers first. I believe there are a couple of commercial enterprises that offer AL-III crossover rebuilds.
I found your thread "Going Active" and read all of it. Very impressive. I could see that you spent a lot of time and effort on that project. I think I will research this more before doing anything. Leaning towards crossover rebuild right now.
Thanks, Gary

Bob

angelod307
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by angelod307 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:27 am

Going active is spectacular if your ear can carry out the mods with the equalizer and crossover. Let me say and not understate that the passive crossover adds a layer of protection to the drivers as well that a straight wire lacks. At a minimum , add a fuse for active crossovers. Even a single poly cap on The ribbon is not a bad idea. That's all carry on.
CarverFest: I just go for the arts and crafts

Return to “Sunfire Home Audio”