SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE UPGRADE

Sunfire Home Audio (Stereo) Discussions and Questions
Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE UPGRADE

Post by Snoop65 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:31 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Attaboy Snoop!
You know you've done a good job when you get a "Attaboy" from Zoot! \:D/ :D
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:59 pm

Well it's been almost a month and I'm really enjoying the upgrade to my preamp. The best way I could describe the sound is that the "window is cleaner". Most instruments sound more natural than before especially piano. Imaging is also sharper. Highs have more sparkle and anything percussive has more impact. All while retaining the large sound stage I had before. It sounds so good and right I'm not even tempted to roll tubs or play with cables. I am beyond happy!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Keep us posted on it while it breaks in Vance!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Magnaryder wrote:Keep us posted on it while it breaks in Vance!!

ray
You got it Ray!!! I've been glued to my sofa for days!!!! The improvement in transparency and imaging is really nice. The sound stage width and depth is about the same as before which I felt was excellent but the images within the sound stage are much sharper and have more clarity and a more natural sound.

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:24 pm

Sitting in the dark listening to "A twist of Jobim" on cd with the volume low. Still amazing!!! No loss of anything! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:29 am

The Sunfire tube pre is such an awesome piece already, you must be lovin' life! =D> =D> =D>

How far of a drive is it to SoundSmith Audio for you Snoop? Eventually the old TFM-75 is gonna need to be recapped........
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:54 am

MRHP wrote:The Sunfire tube pre is such an awesome piece already, you must be lovin' life! =D> =D> =D>

How far of a drive is it to SoundSmith Audio for you Snoop? Eventually the old TFM-75 is gonna need to be recapped........
45 minutes to a hour. Loving life? Shit yeah!!!!

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:06 pm

Well it's been June since I got my preamp back and it's pretty well broken in now and this is my latest report , AMAZINGLY HOLOGRAPHIC WITH REALLY SHARP IMAGES!!!
The detail and transparency will give you chills and is accompanied by just the right amount of warmth. It's nice to listen to familiar tracks and hear them in a new way, hearing things you never noticed before. I sit on my sofa with a huge smile and enjoy the music. It's so good it doesn't seem like my speakers are in the room just the music. I have finally got it where I want it! I guess I'll start making plans to build another system around my CF amp now. Life is good!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Return to “Sunfire Home Audio”