BillD, a great forum member has passed away...

A Tribute To Fallen Forum Members And Friends
engtaz
"TAZ"

Re: BillD is MIA....

Post by engtaz » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:26 am

[-o< [-o< [-o< Prayer sent [-o< [-o< [-o< Hopefully he has music in his room. Did Carver make a Boom Box?
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:43 am

Scarabeo wrote:I really feel for you BillD!!! I have been in and out of the Hospital for the last month my self and had some Audio gear taken while I was gone...

I agree - Get the Hell out of there!!! Prayers sent [-o< [-o< [-o<
I hate to derail the thread and I'm sorry to hear of your health issues, best of luck on that front. Is there anything we can hook you up with to help get you sound back? That sucks.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

tinpan
TFM-45

Post by tinpan » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:48 am

Bill, you are in our prayers.
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:06 pm

From Reese:
[quote=Reese;82607]
Just got an update from Nancy Dibble:

Please tell the Carver guys that he is still fighting a good fight and gave a big smile when he received get well cards and the turn table weight. Lots of people are pulling for him and sending good wishes and prayers. The rest of the battle is up to Bill and a "higher power".

Some details:

Bill continues on his roller coaster ride. This is day 51. He had been up on the cardiac floor for 16 days, was just 2 days away from moving to the physical rehab floor, but on Dec. 29 went back down to the ICU due to internal bleeding...Both the internal bleeding and the circulation issues may be resolving themselves...they are trying to protect his kidney which appears to be recovering/getting stronger (he has been on dialysis 3 or more days a week since the surgery).

This is scary and Bill is still with us and fighting. This wasn't just a "valve job" - obviously, given the many other complications and medical issues Bill has to add to the mix.

I know we're all doing everything we can to send him mojo and to get well as quickly as possible. And he knows that too.

I'm glad he got to go to Denver/Rocky Mountain Audio Fest before this all happened/was scheduled.

More as I know more,

Reese
[/quote]

Thought you guy would like the update on Bill
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Thank you, Roy. Hang in there, Bill. Continued prayers...
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:48 pm

Does anyone have an address where we can send a card?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:21 am

Don wrote:Does anyone have an address where we can send a card?

Bump
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:08 am

Don wrote:
Don wrote:Does anyone have an address where we can send a card?

Bump
PM sent....
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

megasat16
TFM-25

Post by megasat16 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:25 pm

Sending my thoughts and prayers for BillD to get well soon and get back on his feet again!

God Bless and Godspeed, Bill!

James

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Reese, any news?

:?
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:11 am

There has been no update on Bill's condition posted Gary.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:20 pm

Just got a notice from the other site that BillD passed. :(
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:28 pm

My heart is broken.

BillD was the best period!!!

I will miss him terribly.

We need to get an address for his family. I need to pay my respects as we all do who ,benefitted from his help over the years.

What a shame.

Anyone know how to get in touch with his family please let me know.

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 pm

We have lost a very valuable forum member and friend to all. He was always so willing to share his valuable insights and knowledge with all of us. He always exhibited his patience to the ones that didn't know squat about electronics, which I was one of those that fit the description.

Bill, we will miss you and I know as I write this you are now blessed with the best music and system any of us could ever imagine. Enjoy the music our friend.
— Thomas Paine

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:34 pm

Oh my goodness, that is horrible! Prayers sent for all his family and loved ones. :( :( :( [-o< [-o< [-o< He has been and will be missed.
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Return to “R.I.P.”