BillD, a great forum member has passed away...

A Tribute To Fallen Forum Members And Friends
Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Re: BillD, a great forum member has passed away...

Post by Shortcake » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:25 pm

I did not know BillD either, but you guys have become and extended family to me and my insanity, so for that I extend my sympathy to you all as well as his family and friends who may not be here on Carver site.

Every time a Carver is switched on, an angel gets his wings. I think we can all give him his wings - he would like that.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:05 am

I have found Bill's address for those who would like to send their condolences. If you want to make this a group thing, LMK and we'll make it happen. That said, here's his addy if you want.

11053 East Butherus Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

I can't express enough how saddened I am to hear of this news. Bill, it was an honor.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

elgrau
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by elgrau » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:21 am

Bill was a real class act. Plus very knowledgeable on a wide range of topics. In some ways you get to know folks more on this forum (won't speak for other forums) than, for example, co-workers and people that you see and work with everyday and mostly just chit-chat with. He will be greatly missed from this forum. Hope the music's great up there Bill! If not, set'em straight like you did for a lot of us! Mahalo, Bill!
FR: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
LR: AudioEngine wireless link from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 6.5" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-634x 3-4 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: 300 disk changer to Entech 202.5 DAC to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.

speakerlabfan
TFM-75

Post by speakerlabfan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:22 am

Very sad news. My condolences to BillD's family and friends.
Phase Linear Andromedas, 2000 II Pre, 5100 II Tuner
Carver Amazings - original and silver, M500t,C-1, C-4000, PM 1.5, M200t
Manley Stingray; Cambridge Audio DacMagic, 640p; Pro-ject Tube Box SE II
McIntosh MC2205, C28
JBL 4430, 4425, 4311B
Rega P5, Benz Micro Wood, Cary/AES AE-3 Preamp

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:44 am

Damn.

I was dreading this moment. Bill just passed 2 months in the hospital & I feared for him. To have those fears confirmed has destroyed a part of me. Bill was one of the first forum members I met in person at his house in Scottsdale when I was there on business almost 5 years ago. He & Nancy welcomed me into their home. It just crushes me when a REALLY GREAT person is taken from us when there are so many dicks out there.

I will miss him terribly. I feel terrible guilt for having to back out of CF 2010 when Bill and I were supposed to share a cabin.....he ended up not going as a result and never met most of you.

Does anyone know when the funeral will be held?

This is a massive downer.....
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:10 am

Rest In Peace Bill. Prayers sent for family and friends.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Magic_Physicist
TFM-6cb

Post by Magic_Physicist » Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:47 am

I sure didn't expect this but I can tell he had lots of friends.

I'm glad the last thing I said to him here was "Thanks Bill"

זיכרונו לברכה
zikhrono livrakha

I will leave him a note at the Kotel

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=3767

search.php?author_id=3767&sr=posts

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:46 am

Bill.

You WILL be missed, you where always a great help to all here
sharing your knowledge with patience, I know as I was one of the people you helped.

My prayers are sent to your family.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:09 am

I'm very saddened to hear of Bill's passing. Bill helped me too, and was always willing to help others. Unfortunately, never got the chance to meet Bill in person. From everything I've heard about him, it was my loss to not have. RIP Bill.
Last edited by helicopterpilotdoug on Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:33 am

So sorry to hear about this!! my thoughts & prayers go out to his family!! :(
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

treitz3
"Julian"
"Julian"

Post by treitz3 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:13 am

TNRabbit wrote:I will miss him terribly. I feel terrible guilt for having to back out of CF 2010 when Bill and I were supposed to share a cabin.....he ended up not going as a result and never met most of you.
Even though we did not meet him, we did have the honor of speaking with him frequently through the forum. There should be no burden placed upon you and please don't feel like we blame you. I know the reasons behind you not being able to go and it's not like you really had any choice. Just feel blessed that you were one of the few forum members that had the opportunity to be graced with his presence. We'll all have the chance to meet him when we take our own journey over the mountain.
TNRabbit wrote:Does anyone know when the funeral will be held?
I have heard through the grapevine that his obituary will be in the Arizona Republic, though I have not seen it yet.
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

cring08
TFM-55

Re:

Post by cring08 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:14 am

treitz3 wrote:I have found Bill's address for those who would like to send their condolences. If you want to make this a group thing, LMK and we'll make it happen. That said, here's his addy if you want.

11053 East Butherus Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255

I can't express enough how saddened I am to hear of this news. Bill, it was an honor.
Thoughts & prayers to Bill's family...

(if you guys decide to do a group thing, I'd be more than happy to participate.)
Chris

Living Room/main System:
Onkyo tx nr 545
Sunfire 300x2
Sunfire CRM2’s
Technics SL 1950 Turntable
Little Bear phono pre
Polk Audio outdoor speakers wired to patio/pool

Bedroom system starting
Carver Amazings (ready to send to sea for ribbon rework)

Garage system 2:
Carver MXR-130
Teac reel to reel
Musical Fidelity X-10D tube buffer
BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer
Nikko eq2
Cerwin Vega HED's
Pioneer 100 disk changer
Pioneer VSX something?
Polk Audio 2500

tinpan
TFM-45

Post by tinpan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:46 am

Oh man, this is really sad. Our thoughts and prayers are sent
Tinpan

HT - Sunfire TG IV, Sunfire Cinema Grand Sig. 400 x 5, Oppo 93, Klipsch LaScala (3), Cornwalls (2), SW-12, Sony 60" LCD

2 channel - AN L2 Pre-amp, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN 2.1 DAC, DUAL CS 5000 TT, Oppo DV-981HD, Lowther PM4a/Azurahorn/SentryIV

2 channel - AN L3 Signature Line stage, AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, AN Sig. DAC 3.1 , AN Sig. Phono Stage, Sota Comet TT, Altec A5's

2 channel - Carver VTA20 Baby Black Beauty, Custom Line Stage, Klipschorns

2 channel - AN Interstage Mono Blocks 300b PSE, Carver C-5 Pre, Altec A4 speakers

2 channel - Audio Note Kit 1 300b SET, Audio Note DAC 2.1, Altec 288 Horns/JBL Bass bin

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:23 pm

Just looked at my outbox...1 left....
To: BillD
Happy Thanksgiving Bill
I hope you are doing OK after the surgery. I know Thanksgiving is a time for giving thanks. Thank you for all your help with the 500t and I hope you are doing better and able to enjoy the holidays with your family. Happy Thanksgiving Bill!!! Wayne...Man...this is really getting to me....
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

ekog
TFM-6cb

Post by ekog » Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:36 pm

:(

I was very sad to hear this I always liked him and found him to be extremely knowledgeable I’m going to miss seeing his posts and receiving his sage advice.
Main System Setup:
Pre: Carver C2 | Amp: Carver M-500t|Equilizer: Sansui SE99|Speakers: Polk SDA2’s
Source: Tuner: Carver TX-2| Phono: Technics SL-1210 MkII with a Ortofon VMS 20E Mk II| DirecTV DVR | Pioneer HLD-X9 Laserdisc player | Samsung DVD/VHS player

Second System Setup:
Receiver: Yamaha RXV867| Fronts: Klipsch F-30's |Sub: Klipsch SW-112
Source: Radio |Internet/Network | Sony CDP-70 CD player

Return to “R.I.P.”