Re: RIP: Gary Gore

Post by frankieD » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:21 pm

DSCF0387.JPG
Here is a shot from the 2014 Fest

F1nut
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by F1nut » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:51 pm

RIP Gary, I hope you find the serenity you were looking for.
Political Correctness...defined

A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Make America Great Again

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:38 pm

This just posted on FB by Gary's family......

https://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/home ... id/3361418

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:07 pm

There are a couple scenes with Gary. Makes the sorrow just a little sweeter seeing him so happy.

speakerlabfan
TFM-75

Post by speakerlabfan » Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Very sad news. A big part of the community here is gone way too soon. Enjoy every sandwich. RIP to an audio friend, TnRabbit.
Phase Linear Andromedas, 2000 II Pre, 5100 II Tuner
Carver Amazings - original and silver, M500t,C-1, C-4000, PM 1.5, M200t
Manley Stingray; Cambridge Audio DacMagic, 640p; Pro-ject Tube Box SE II
McIntosh MC2205, C28
JBL 4430, 4425, 4311B
Rega P5, Benz Micro Wood, Cary/AES AE-3 Preamp

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Gary loved photography almost as much as music. He even shared his photobucket here and with me on FB at one time when he wanted to point out different things in our "chats".

http://s251.photobucket.com/user/TNRabb ... all&page=2

Thought I'd post here for those who may want to visit. A little bit of him in everything you see.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:38 am

So sorry there about this, I have had tears in my eyes for a day.

RIP wrabbit, you will be missed.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:59 pm

Many of you know that Gary had recently stated dating a girl, Cindy King, that he was crazy about. In fact, when I saw him on November 13, I asked how his new relationship was going. He responded "great....we are crazy about each other". I told him I could certainly vouch that one of them was crazy and he threw back his head and bellowed that infectious laugh of his. Knowing how much she must be hurting I sent her a message on FB Friday even though we were not friends at that time.

She responded this morning. I will paste the text below omitting her phone number. PM me if you would like her number. I will pass on any information she sends me about a memorial. I am assuming this will be in the Richmond area.

Ed, he talked about you and your wife and I know you were special to him as well. Gary and I were soulmates, which is a term I don't use lightly. The grief and devastation isn't easy for me. But I know he was loved by so many, and he left us with his heart full of that love. We will be having a memorial for him in the next few weeks, and I'll keep you updated. I know how much he loved his Carverfest family, so I want to be sure that they know they are welcome. My phone number is 831-xxx-xxxx, and ill friend you on fb. Thank you so much for your note, and I'll share info with you soon. Much love, Cindy

WhackJob
M-400t CUBE

Post by WhackJob » Sun Oct 25, 2015 7:04 pm

Sonofabi...

I know I've not been an active member here, but Gary and I had a relatively frequent communication outside of the forums.
He was an incredibly good guy. More than that, a great human being. Supportive of every Carver fan but even more than that, he was a true audio fan and always willing to work with any other person who looked for audio nirvana.
I loved the fact that he wanted everyone to find that bliss.
He never walked away from a request for help.
The world lost a true hero. A guy that was always willing to assist.

Take this as you will, but I personally hope he did not suffer.
He loved riding, as do so many of us.
We know he had suffered in the past, but I believe he had moved past the sorrow and had found his way.

We have all been gifted with his insight, his passion and his friendship.I'll never forget that. I'm sure you will not as well.

Raise a glass to Gary, he was a rare gift, shared with us all.

Rod (Whackjob)

DaveS
The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post by DaveS » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:03 am

Wrong time, wrong place, wrong person! Rest in musicland loudly and save a spot for me.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry

jjptkd
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by jjptkd » Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:41 pm

I still just can't believe this-- I only found out this morning when I happened upon his new black ribbon with "RIP Friend" under his name. I never met Gary in person but really felt like he was an online friend, truly one of the good guys. When I first joined this forum several years ago he gave me his phone number and we talked for almost an hour and he made me feel very welcome here. RIP Gary, you will be missed.

Jesse
Oppo Sonica DAC
Sunfire TG-III
Sunfire 300x2
Klipsch Chorus II

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Mon Nov 09, 2015 6:53 pm

I received this message today from Gary's son!

Hi Edward, this is Joseph Gore, Gary's oldest son. I can't remember if we met before at Carverfest, I went to the first one with my dad. I want to thank you and all the Carver audio enthusiasts for the flowers ya'll donated to the Memorial service and was hoping you would share this thank you with them. He loved audio and all things surrounding it, it was one of his passions and I'm thankful he had such a great group of people to share that passion. Please take care and play loud and play often! Thanks, Joseph
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:10 pm

Yup...I remember him being there. I think he's in some photo's from back then.

Makes me think of Gary coming with the Probe just loaded full to the gills with his system. You'da never thought that car could hold all that. :shock:
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:12 am

Yes, I remember that also.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:36 pm

Talking with the MaddHouseMouse a moment ago reminded me that I have video somewhere of CF'07 that I'm sure includes Gary. It's on 8mm tape but I might be able to get it to a format that I'm able to upload here. I'll check sometime this weekend.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Return to “R.I.P.”