RIP: Gary Gore

A Tribute To Fallen Forum Members And Friends
Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Re: RIP: Gary Gore

Post by Shortcake » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:08 pm

Eddie wrote:I received this message today from Gary's son!

Hi Edward, this is Joseph Gore, Gary's oldest son. I can't remember if we met before at Carverfest, I went to the first one with my dad. I want to thank you and all the Carver audio enthusiasts for the flowers ya'll donated to the Memorial service and was hoping you would share this thank you with them. He loved audio and all things surrounding it, it was one of his passions and I'm thankful he had such a great group of people to share that passion. Please take care and play loud and play often! Thanks, Joseph

Thanks for sharing....
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

B-Man

Post by B-Man » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:53 am

I was perusing the pictures in Gary's Photobucket and found this one. He's smiling even after an accident that damaged his bike...
Gary Gore Wreck.jpg

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:27 pm

radioeng2 wrote:Yup...I remember him being there. I think he's in some photo's from back then.

Makes me think of Gary coming with the Probe just loaded full to the gills with his system. You'da never thought that car could hold all that. :shock:
Here is what Gary's Probe looked like with a full AL-3 system in it getting ready to leave if I remember right...

That was in 2008. Here is the rig that he'd stuffed in there. All except the tube amps I believe....

I still remember how sweet that headphone rig was.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

Miko1971
TFM-6cb

Post by Miko1971 » Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:48 pm

wow, i've been away for awhile with my own health issues..but this is sad and i wanted to say " give the ones you love a extra hug and kiss today " life is short and God Speed G.G.

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:50 pm

It is bittersweet to see TNRabbit at the top of the "what are you listening to" thread just about every time I log on. Tonight my wife is out with the girls and I am honoring my friend Gary by playing several of his favorite tunes "Rabbit loud" on my Plats. I am sure if he was here he would yell above the music "turn it up". RIP Gary......we miss you!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:14 pm

sea wrote:It is bittersweet to see TNRabbit at the top of the "what are you listening to" thread just about every time I log on. Tonight my wife is out with the girls and I am honoring my friend Gary by playing several of his favorite tunes "Rabbit loud" on my Plats. I am sure if he was here he would yell above the music "turn it up". RIP Gary......we miss you!
I notice him up there on that thread every time I'm on the site too I think Ed. Reminds me again, how I'm going to miss that big smile.

It's great reminder to turn it up and enjoy! And to make sure we take the time for all of our friends, every chance we get.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:42 pm

yes, see that thread almost daily!! :( hard to surf the net about AL3,s & not see some of his posts too!! lots of gary out there that we will run into to remind us of our dear friend!! all we can do is celebrate his life and enjoy the music like he so very much did! we all have him looking over us & can think of things about him that make us smile!! :-k on this the 10th Carverfest we should honor & remember our friend who was a inspiration to everyone that met him!! a true selfless human being that would help anyone in need! we all miss you Gary & pray that you are enjoying the music!! [-o< :) 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:46 pm

make sure we take the time for all of our friends, every chance we get.

So very true, friends and loved ones can be gone, in the blink of an eye.....
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:16 pm

mbskeam wrote:
make sure we take the time for all of our friends, every chance we get.

So very true, friends and loved ones can be gone, in the blink of an eye.....

so true

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:34 pm

frenchguy wrote:yes, see that thread almost daily!! :( hard to surf the net about AL3,s & not see some of his posts too!! lots of gary out there that we will run into to remind us of our dear friend!! all we can do is celebrate his life and enjoy the music like he so very much did! we all have him looking over us & can think of things about him that make us smile!! :-k on this the 10th Carverfest we should honor & remember our friend who was a inspiration to everyone that met him!! a true selfless human being that would help anyone in need! we all miss you Gary & pray that you are enjoying the music!! [-o< :) 8)

Very well said Al.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

frankieD
Frankie The Mouth

Post by frankieD » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:55 pm

Hey Al, me too....well said !!

Gary was a one in a million guy and he is missed everyday on this forum.

The silence of his absence is deafening.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 pm

on this the 10th Carverfest we should honor & remember our friend who was a inspiration to everyone that met him!! a true selfless human being that would help anyone in need! we all miss you Gary & pray that you are enjoying the music!! [-o< :) 8)
I don't know if Doug is going to do the T-shirts again but maybe a tribute to Gary on the back with a photo of his famous avatar...
Rabbit.jpg
Rabbit.jpg (17.21 KiB) Viewed 2255 times
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:03 pm

Wayne, I dont know about a pic of his avatar, but Ed & I talked a while back about maybe putting something on one of the sleeves of the shirts in remembrance of GARY! we could come up with some designs & vote on them maybe? maybe like having a RIP rabbit or RIP Gary Gore & the date of his death or maybe just year of birth through 2015? I dunno we can take suggestions on what would work best! I also would like to maybe charge a few bucks more then normal for each shirt so we could send his sons a shirt & also his sister & his girlfriend Cindy King! :-k or maybe quote Gary on any favorite phrases he used? any ideas would be appreciated! 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Snoop65
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Snoop65 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:00 pm

frenchguy wrote:Wayne, I dont know about a pic of his avatar, but Ed & I talked a while back about maybe putting something on one of the sleeves of the shirts in remembrance of GARY! we could come up with some designs & vote on them maybe? maybe like having a RIP rabbit or RIP Gary Gore & the date of his death or maybe just year of birth through 2015? I dunno we can take suggestions on what would work best! I also would like to maybe charge a few bucks more then normal for each shirt so we could send his sons a shirt & also his sister & his girlfriend Cindy King! :-k or maybe quote Gary on any favorite phrases he used? any ideas would be appreciated! 8)
You and Wayne have excellent ideas, sign me up for whatever is decided. =D>
CARVER LIGHTSTAR REFERENCE+SUNFIRE CLASSIC TUBE PREAMPLIFIER+JBL XPL200+MUSIC HALL MMF-9.1+GRADO REFERENCE MASTER 1+Cayin CDT-17a =WOW!!!!!!

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:06 pm

Remembering
Gary Gore our Carver Brother
19??-2015
somewhere on the shirt Just my suggestion.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Return to “R.I.P.”