FAQ  •  Register   •  Gallery •  Login

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:22 pm

CF14 activities

<<

hewlew1

"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:51 pm

Re: CF14 activities

Tom, Did you ever assemble your Carverfest amps?
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!
<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:55 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Did someone say tube swap?

Speaking of tubes. I do know that some of us here have tube testers. How about a tube swap/tube testing/CD swap?

Anybody got any 12AX7 Ei gold pins? I'm looking for 6 of them.

Tom

Should have bought them from Jesse when you had a chance,,,, I did 8)

How are things going for you,,well,,I hope.
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:27 pm

hewlew1 wrote:Tom, Did you ever assemble your Carverfest amps?

Hey, Harry! Nope. They are still currently down at Jerry's place unassembled.

Zoot Horn wrote:How are things going for you,,well,,I hope.

Hello, George. Yes, things are going well with me. One of these days I will get around to making a thread filling everybody in with what has been going on with the family and my audio journey since my hiatus.

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:44 pm

Re:

treitz3 wrote:
hewlew1 wrote:Tom, Did you ever assemble your Carverfest amps?

Hey, Harry! Nope. They are still currently down at Jerry's place unassembled.

Did someone say tube swap? Speaking of tubes. I do know that some of us here have tube testers. How about a tube swap/tube testing/CD swap? Anybody got any 12AX7 Ei gold pins? I'm looking for 6 of them.
Tom

So what are you running now that you need 12ax7s? Inquiring minds and all!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT...helping the blind to hear, one valve at a time
<<

treitz3

"Julian"
"Julian"

Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:48 am

Hello, Ray. I'll answer the question on your other thread when I can find the time. As for the 12AX7's and their use?

4 in the Dodd MLP
2 in the Jolida JD100

Tom
In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to a good analogue reproduction.

Robert R. - "Did you see my North Korea analogy? I should have named it Carversite.kim"
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:35 am

Re:

treitz3 wrote:Hello, Ray. I'll answer the question on your other thread when I can find the time. As for the 12AX7's and their use?

4 in the Dodd MLP
2 in the Jolida JD100

Tom

Tom, watch my 'end of an era' thread. With Luck there will be some pics you'll be interested to see.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

Tim deParavicini's E.A.R. Yoshino V20 Integrated Amplifier, Fosgate Signature Phono pre, Lucas Labs 12B4/OD3 LineStage, No. 50 and 51 Carverfest Tube amps, Hammond M3 tube amp, Ariston RD-40 Turntable w/ Linn Basik LSV tonearn, Grado Statement Master1 cartridge, Carver TX-8 & 11 tuners, Carver TD-12, Tascam CC-222mkII CD recorder, DBX-3BX & 200xg & 120x, CarverAudio ALV prototypes, Alesis Studio One loudspeakers, Energy Reference 22 Connoisseur, Cambridge Audio Model 8s, The Carver Research DarkStar Sub and Stax Earspeakers.

<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:12 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Toob swap /sale

I'm in on that....tubeage!!!!

ray
Magnaryder

<<

Zoot Horn

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:38 pm

we could build some cables
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:44 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:we could build some cables

speaker or IC....both!!

ray
Magnaryder

<<

DaveS

The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:50 pm

I did not realize until after the fact how (we the amp builders) had effected the cabin we were in (I'm soooooo sorry, but I will never fore .get what fun I had) I built the the first amp in my 65 years of life and it worked!!!!!!!!!!! After thinking about it, I know just how it must have felt that's the our cabin was for a few years. That said I think if we do any projects we should do it on line (and not take over a cabin) and bring them to Carverfest to show them off . We can all have input to whatever project we are interested in and not just one build(2 or 3) going on at once. Preamp, amp, crossover,speaker,speakerbox, doesn't matter pick a thead and work with it. Bring it to Carverfest and we as a group will judge. My 2 CENTS !!!!

I 'm not talking this year but next!!!!
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry
<<

elgrau

SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:11 am

I'm thinking about building/designing a 30's style speedboat...maybe electric (with solar panels built into the decks so you could at least low speed troll home if batteries were drained) and with 100% sealable cabin. I think it would look/sound cool; they make some pretty efficient and powerful electric motors these days. Could have Carver amps somewhere...lol! Probably not a good candidate for Carverfest project tho...but I need a new "retirement" project!
Family room: 400 disk changer with PS Audio Digital Link III DAC; Technics SL-1100A TT. QED Quenx1 IC's from DAC & TT to Adcom GTP-602 preamp/Tuner. AudioQuest King Cobra IC's from preamp to M1.0t mk-II opt2. QED Silver Spirals 4M wires to EPI 1000’s.
Living room: AudioQuest Black Mamba 8M IC's from family room preamp to Barcus-Berry 2002R Sonic Maximizer to GlowPower Zyxt IC's to Sunfire 300x2 to Nordost 6M bi-source wires to AOS 28" MDF spherical speakers using six 8" woofers and eight 1" dome tweeters symm. arranged around the surface.
SS system: CX-995V DVD to AV-705x 5 channel amp (center/rears) & M1.0t mk-II opt2(fronts).
Garage: TLM-3600 CDP to MXR150 Receiver (pre) to TFM-42 to EPI 400 speakers.
<<

Magnaryder

(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:08 pm

sounds like you have one ED :D

ray
Magnaryder

<<

radioeng2

SILVER-7t

Post Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:37 pm

I propose at CF this year, we do the audio word a huge favor. There is so much vinyl out there, no one knows what they're getting. We should listen to and grade the quality of all albums.

It would look like this...

Stern faces are required at all times!

Mark
Previous

Return to CARVERFEST 2014 Sep 10-24