Carverfest Linestage build thread

8th Anual CarverFest. September 10th - 24th
radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Carverfest Linestage build thread

Post by radioeng2 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:47 pm

The Carverfest Linestage - $400

To be available to be built by all attendees at Carverfest 2014. This is to be a complete kit of parts, with documentation to help you in construction.

CF Linestage Features…

- Black anodized metal chassis including transformer covers and tube decorative trim rings and wooden end caps.
- High performance for modest cost.
- Low parts count for easy service, simple construction, future parts upgrades and maintenance.
- After the small power supply PCB, only 10 parts per channel are necessary with the tubes and sockets.
- Tube complement of an OD3 for voltage regulation and a 12B4A as the gain element per channel.
- Low output impedance with ability to swing many volts, allows ability to drive long interconnects.
- 14db gain, to better match gain structure of typical higher gain power amps.
- Extended control shafts to allow the volume and source selection closer to rear for less noise.
- 4 inputs and 2 outputs.
- Wide bandwidth, 8hz to 100khz.
- Pulling voltage regulator tube from socket removes voltage to gain stage.
- As a single stage gain circuit, it is phase inverting.
- Extra roomy chassis to allow for later installation of other parts and accessories like remote controls.

No tools provided, but it will come with a chassis, with all holes provided. Expect to provide your own soldering iron, screwdrivers, side cutters, pliers, needlenose etc. Though, true to the good nature of attendees, help is always available.

Due to the length of time for delivery and presorting of parts, those interested in building need to reserve their kit now. Reserving your kit means to pay half now.

To purchase the parts for these does mean money is being fronted almost immediately. As I’m not the Carver Corp, and can’t float over $9,000 expected in parts costs, significant money needs to be placed down right away. If you can’t do it all now, that’s ok but expect to have all funds deposited by a cutoff date of Aug 10…one month before the beginning of the fest. This does leave you 7 weeks to complete payment. Any incomplete commitments at that time will be refunded and the unit made available to others. Please realize, this is a non-profit making venture intended to be a benefit to the community here.

Please send payments to Paypal, in care of mlucas@journalbroadcastgroup.com. I will PM you back on the forum to acknowledge all payments received. Other payment methods, please PM me and we’ll work it out.

While it’s unlikely, any parts from suppliers that go unavailable or unfulfilled in a timely basis, will have all best effort made to replace from other sources. But things do happen beyond anyone’s control. Should as a result, the completed kits not be available in time, extra assembly assistance will be provided as best as possible. If any individual part is less than enough to complete all kits, then we'll go through and complete one kit per person starting with the first completely paid kits in order of payment receipt.

Release of documentation and information for any others interested in building is expected after Carverfest 2014. You are expected to also comply with this minor request for the benefit of the folks making up this gathering.

Any updates and changes to this basic information, I will be providing in this thread. If possible, this will remain open a little longer than 7-10 days, but I expect to have to close this by the end of the month here of June or shortly after, to allow time to acquire parts. Sign up as soon as possible to get this moving please!

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Carverfest Linestage build thread

Post by Zoot Horn » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:43 pm

I'm in

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:10 am

Really George?? thought you were on the fence on this!! :lol: :lol: :o :shock:
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:18 am

INdeer_zps88b1d4b6.gif
INdeer_zps88b1d4b6.gif (4.51 MiB) Viewed 4228 times
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:35 am

frenchguy wrote:Really George?? thought you were on the fence on this!! :lol: :lol: :o :shock:

Really,,, on a more serious note,, I have plenty of Cardas solder,,,as in pounds,,so,,I got you covered. Next time I will pay attention to the unit of measure when ordering.

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:12 pm

Mark,, can I ppal now?

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Mark,, can I ppal now?
Absolutely! Getting this started depends on the almighty $$$. 8)

DaveS
The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post by DaveS » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:35 pm

I'm in, how much money are you talking?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:38 pm

DaveS wrote:I'm in, how much money are you talking?
Dave

Please read the 1st line, its says $400.00
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:28 pm

In also.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

DaveS
The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post by DaveS » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:02 am

Ya I saw it just now, sorry
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Mark will a 41x57 cap fit in the chassis,,I am considering Mundorf ? 41 mm. X 57 mm

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:10 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Mark will a 41x57 cap fit in the chassis,,I am considering Mundorf ? 41 mm. X 57 mm
That's big but we should be fine with that George.

Does that mean you're going to reserve a kit? $$$???? Or should I pass it on to someone else?? :shock:

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:21 pm

Check your ppal,, just sent it.

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:05 pm

$$ sent Mark!!
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Return to “CARVERFEST 2014”