Carverfest Linestage build thread

8th Anual CarverFest. September 10th - 24th
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Carverfest Linestage build thread

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:48 pm

radioeng2 wrote:Music and it's ability to move us is clearly a gift.

The ability to change our mood, our moment, is what drives us to spend so much time for those rare moments when goosebumps come up and a shiver runs down your back. Those that get lost in the numbers game never realize this is the absolute measurement tool.

Mark
So well said!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:49 pm

frenchguy wrote:Mark, I received the remote kits for George, Wayne & Brian today from china. So that will be 4 with the remote unless the other guys that inquired about it bought it from the link that I sent them? So 4 will need to be modified for it for sure! About 2 weeks to go & we will be climbing the mountain again!! =D>
Al...open one of those and look at the small module with the LED, the IR sensor and the power button on it. That little button is what I'm concerned about. I just know that somewhere I've seen the bigger button that is used to push that. A simple hole in the face and you insert the bigger button. Then when you sandwich the module up firmly against the face, the external bigger button can push that little tiny one.

We can ignore it and not even drill the face for it. But I've just got in my mind that somewhere I've seen those "adapter" buttons. If we could figure that out, we could order them from Mouser or Digi-Key or one of the other vendors. Or buy some broken down piece of equipment on eBay and junk except for those buttons....somewhere they're available. I just can't place where I've seen them.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:22 pm

Mark, so it is a button with a small post on the back that you line up to the board with the little button on the board? Dunno what they call that kind of button but you wouldn't think that would be that hard to find! Will try to do some searching tonight after work! In other words, were talking about a mechanical push button? It would not be a switch, the switch is on the board attached to the backside of the faceplate? Right? :lol:
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:57 pm

frenchguy wrote:Mark, so it is a button with a small post on the back that you line up to the board with the little button on the board? Dunno what they call that kind of button but you wouldn't think that would be that hard to find! Will try to do some searching tonight after work! In other words, were talking about a mechanical push button? It would not be a switch, the switch is on the board attached to the backside of the faceplate? Right? :lol:
Right. Just a push button to push the push button. I can visualize them, just can't remember where. That's why I was kind of hoping the seller might send you a picture or a link to what would work. Surely, they've been asked before.

As far as that goes, they might also be able to offer an idea for the IR sensor as it's not just the end of an LED or anything.

A picture, a link...something, would be a big help on locating what would work best.

Mark

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:01 pm

Will send him a message tonight!
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:08 pm

For those wanting to have some extra voltage regulator tubes, or just want to experiment with cool ones or looking for ones that might happen to sound better, here is a couple ideas.

I like a lot the physical look of the ST shaped, like these RCA. This one is actually a nice price too...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LOT-OF-2-0D3-RC ... 4adaae8437

And then the other cool option....ones that a pretty with their purple glow!! I like these. I had one of the Phillips and just loved the fact it has a clear top and you can really see the color. Purty...So I ran across and order some from this seller and crossed my fingers they'd look the same. Well, they came in today and I just lit them up! Woo-Hooooo. They are the same!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0D3A-Tube-New-J ... _567wt_649

Nice price and the vendor shipped quick and packed nicely. If you will be placing the LInestage so you are above it in particular, you're likely to see what I mean real quick. If up high, then not a factor. Recommended for the purty look aspect if nothing else!

Mark

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:28 pm

Trouble finding the button Al, sounds like a personal problem :lol:
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:33 pm

In 2 weeks we will find your button Harry!! :lol:

BobSmi57
M-400t CUBE

Post by BobSmi57 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:53 pm

frenchguy wrote:Mark, I received the remote kits for George, Wayne & Brian today from china. So that will be 4 with the remote unless the other guys that inquired about it bought it from the link that I sent them? So 4 will need to be modified for it for sure! About 2 weeks to go & we will be climbing the mountain again!! =D>
I bought a remote also, from the link provided by Al. Should be here in about a week.

Bob

mbskeam
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by mbskeam » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:24 pm

weld next
Mbskeam

SILVER 7's
Amazing Line Source
2 SVS PB16 SUBS
#1 BLACK BEAUTY's made by the man, the myth, the legend Bob Carver
CARVER: TFM-75, TFM-45(3), SD/A-490T
SUNFIRE: Tube pre
WTL Amadeus GTA+DV DRT XV-1t
2 sets of ALS'3, set of SILVERS, set of PLATS
AUDIOCONTROL: phase coupled activator
KENWOOD: BASIC M2a (2)

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.”
― Aristophanes

The only thing I'll feel......will be the RECOIL
Necronomicon Ex-Mortis....... Klaatu Barada Nikkto
"We should seek the greatest value of our action"

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:30 am

Lookin' very cool Mike!! Love it!!

Chauss
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by Chauss » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:48 am

Awesome job Mike! - show off- :rolleyes: :lol:
Will it have some nice blue LED's to match your amp when complete?
Good sound—like good music, good wine and good fellowship—is meant to be shared.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" Albert Einstein

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:36 am

Looks great Mike!! should look really nice with your CF amps!! =D>

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:49 pm

Fucking eh beautiful man!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

BrianT
Pair of Silver Sevens

Post by BrianT » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:13 pm

radioeng2 wrote:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0D3A-Tube-New-J ... _567wt_649

Nice price and the vendor shipped quick and packed nicely. If you will be placing the LInestage so you are above it in particular, you're likely to see what I mean real quick. If up high, then not a factor. Recommended for the purty look aspect if nothing else!

Mark
Is anybody who is building a Linestage going to order a set of tubes. If so pick up a pair for me and that way we can split the shipping cost.

Brian
VPI Classic Turntable (black)
Transfiguration Phoenix Cartridge
Devialet 440PRO Mono Blocks
Audioprana SP/DIF-AES/EBU cable
Auralic Aires G2 Music Server
Audience AU24 USB cable
B&W 803D3 Speakers (black)
Auditorium 23 Speaker Cables
Raysonic CD-168 CDP (silver)
Carver TX11

Return to “CARVERFEST 2014”