The Countdown!!!!

8th Anual CarverFest. September 10th - 24th
frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: The Countdown!!!!

Post by frenchguy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:30 am

Yup
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Robert R
TFM-75

Post by Robert R » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:44 pm

For me the countdown is over, at least the first countdown. I'm outta here as soon as I load the rest of the cold food and somehow wedge into the truck this POS laptop. No internet where I'll be staying, but will get online at a library or someplace now and then, to see what's happening.

First leg is to Central NC, where I should arrive around lunchtime Friday.
Final leg is five hours on I-40 and US 74, next Wednesday.

It's hard to believe that there are still a few empty beds up there, in a world of Carver fans. Those who don't ever go must have reasons, I suppose. But you should find a way. What are you waiting for?

One year (09?) I invited BillD; he thanked me in his usual gracious way, and said he'd love to go sometime, but for now he had another trip already planed - maybe another year. But it never happened. Point of this sad story is: as you get older, if there's something you want to do, fucking DO IT.

Robert R
"You know what folks? I'm happy."

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:27 pm

Robert R wrote: ....

It's hard to believe that there are still a few empty beds up there, in a world of Carver fans. Those who don't ever go must have reasons, I suppose. But you should find a way. What are you waiting for?

One year (09?) I invited BillD; he thanked me in his usual gracious way, and said he'd love to go sometime, but for now he had another trip already planed - maybe another year. But it never happened. Point of this sad story is: as you get older, if there's something you want to do, fucking DO IT.

Robert R
Exactly right Robert. We HOPE for another opportunity. We don't know if it'll happen or if it does what it will be like.

We have to take the initiative to jump in and do.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Wife in er right now for appendics. Being operated on at 5 today. Don't know recovery time yet but might be late getting there.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:06 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Wife in er right now for appendics. Being operated on at 5 today. Don't know recovery time yet but might be late getting there.
Good luck Doug. Hope it all goes very smoothly!

We'll hope to see you sooner rather than later.

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:40 pm

sorry to hear doug!! my wife had that last year!! hope she recovers quickly without any complications!! [-o< we will keep you in our thoughts & prayers! hope to see you soon!! 8-[ :(
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:15 pm

Prayers sent-- speedy recovery wishes sent!

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:57 pm

Robert R wrote:For me the countdown is over, at least the first countdown. I'm outta here as soon as I load the rest of the cold food and somehow wedge into the truck this POS laptop. No internet where I'll be staying, but will get online at a library or someplace now and then, to see what's happening.

First leg is to Central NC, where I should arrive around lunchtime Friday.
Final leg is five hours on I-40 and US 74, next Wednesday.

Robert R
Spot on Robert! You may never get a second chance. Point is... MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Operation on my wife went well. Dr said no problems. She will get to go home tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:33 pm

Good news Doug. Hoping she has a speedy recovery .
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:41 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Wife in er right now for appendics. Being operated on at 5 today. Don't know recovery time yet but might be late getting there.

I am sorry I missed this post. Glad to hear all went well, and hope she is able to get into the swing of things quickly, but also takes the time to milk it and get a foot massage now and then.
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:23 pm

Glad things worked out well Doug.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:38 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Operation on my wife went well. Dr said no problems. She will get to go home tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
Glad to hear she's going home!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:21 am

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Operation on my wife went well. Dr said no problems. She will get to go home tomorrow. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
Great news Doug. Praying for a speedy recovery. Before you know it, she will be chasing you around with the frying pan again!
:lol: :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:56 pm

OK, my Wife is back home, and seems to be doing very well. \:D/ So far so good, and am hoping her recovery continues to go well. She has 3 small incisions and they should heal up without problem. I'm hoping to still leave on Tuesday, but we'll see how she's doing.

Return to “CARVERFEST 2014”