Where there's smoke, there's fire!

8th Anual CarverFest. September 10th - 24th
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Where there's smoke, there's fire!

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:21 pm

Today on my way to finish up some last minute paperwork, my Durango caught fire. I was on the Lincoln Highway (Ohio rt 30) hit a huge pothole and the Durango died. I coasted to the birm and tried to restart it. Smoke began to funnel from underneath. On August 31st I removed my fire extinguisher from my truck to celebrate the TerrorTwinz(tm) 17th birthday by shooting off some really cool fireworks, so today when I could have used it.....it was still on the porch....shit! I called 911 and the nice folks at the Sheriffs Dept rolled 2 Firetrucks.

The Fire Department guys put out the fire and we had the Durango towed to my mechanic and he's looking at it now.

Well every damn thing is closed in Ohio on Sundays so getting a rental is out of the question until tomorrow. I won't know what gear if any I will be able to fit in an economy rental once I load my cooking essentials. One thing I'm thankful of is this happened here and not on the way to the Fest.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Where there's smoke, there's fire!

Post by frenchguy » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:36 pm

Ray, yeah if there is a bright spot is that it happened close to home!! :shock: hopefully you can get things squared away with it before the fest! good luck!! [-o<
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 4:15 pm

Oh crap Ray!

Yes, be thankful not on the road! Could have been worse, has to be the frame of mind.

A guy at work a few weeks ago pulled up and went in to do something for a minute and had his BMW (rather junk one) catch on fire. They had the presence to roll it away from the building and it really got going. A fire extinguisher from inside helped and a fire truck got there a moment later anyway. But it was totaled. Some of the other guys later, on an old 3ft pole where it sat for a couple weeks, made a very nice RIP sign with a ring of plastic flowers they found somewhere and a BMW logo for him. That was pretty funny at least...in the end.

Hope yours comes out for the better. What's life without challenges!

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:30 pm

I can relate Ray, I am down 3 vehicles in as many weeks I cant get a fucking break to save my life. Anything else goes wrong in the next 2 days and I might not make the fest this year as the stress is killing me.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:53 pm

hewlew1 wrote:I can relate Ray, I am down 3 vehicles in as many weeks I cant get a fucking break to save my life. Anything else goes wrong in the next 2 days and I might not make the fest this year as the stress is killing me.
Brother I know!!! One of my employees gets arrested for unpaid parking/traffic tickets and another doesn't bother to report an accident. Both are suspended and were to be covering while I am to be away. I don't want to worry everything the 14 days I'll be gone. This totally SUCKS!!!!

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

DaveS
The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post by DaveS » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:37 am

You want me to come and pick you up?
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry

engtaz
"TAZ"

Post by engtaz » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:02 am

So sorry to hear Ray. Prayers sent. Stuff happens, Glad you were near home.
engtaz

Carver M4.0T in front channels to Caver AL VI's in SACD & 2 Channel setup
C 16, PT 2400, Slim Device, Carver TX-8, 490T and Rega TT w Grado Gold cart in the 2 channel setup
Bogen SRB20 is computer amp
Carver PM-350 donated for youth church use

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:39 am

Sorry to hear about the Durango. Stuff like this always seems to happen when the timing is the worst. Like you said though, glad this happened close to home rather than on the road somewhere!
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:49 am

Better hurry up and leave before anything else happens. ](*,)
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:01 am

bummer Ray--glad you were close to home though

Eddie
Eddie The Knife

Post by Eddie » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:07 am

Sorry to hear about your troubles Ray!!
Don't waste a good opportunity to shut up!

Good judgment comes from experience, but experience usually comes from bad judgment.

The best thing is to learn from others that have mastered the one thing you need to learn!

I would tell you to go to hell but I already work there and I don't want to see your ugly face every day!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:59 pm

When the guy at work had his Beemer burn in the parking lot here, this is what a couple of the guys made for him a couple days later....

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
2-Carver Crimson 275 vacuum tube amps,Carver C-1 tfm 42. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Carver Amazing Silver speakers in oak, Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Sep 08, 2014 3:35 pm

Thanks guys!! Well I got it all straightened out but don't know if I'll ever trust it for a trip. Eddie the knife said "just drive it" dunno but I WILL see y'all Wednesday...AudioGodz willing :D

ray
Magnaryder

Return to “CARVERFEST 2014”