What????

Oh my....

A what?

Something never change....

You can say that again...

Good thing its daytime...

Who....

The man...in person!

So...who makes it for '15? Who doesn't make it? What legends are born and who can say..."they were there"?

All photos thanks to some local animal. (Thanks for the memories Gary!)

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Whatever happened to that young man?

Post by Magnaryder » Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:19 am

There were some notable absences last year......

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:50 am

Magnaryder wrote:There were some notable absences last year......

ray
You are correct Ray but every year brings new people into the fold and keeps the spirit alive...this year will be no different.
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:51 am

Wayne is right,,, if they do not show this year,,they will have their pictures posted in the CF "Hall of Shame",,,lol,,, you hear that Jesse?

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:07 am

Hey George...maybe we should compile a list of "one hit wonders" for attendees. :lol:
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:21 am

That would not include Angelo. Reports had him bouncing twice....

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:02 am

kingman wrote:Hey George...maybe we should compile a list of "one hit wonders" for attendees. :lol:

My esteemed collegue from the Palmetto state has a motion on the floor,,what say ye?

I vote Aye

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:42 am

I will second that.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:06 pm

hewlew1 wrote:I will second that.

Motion carried. Guess that means I better get my ass there again this year.

So, when do we reserve??????
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

OconeeOrange
"Forum Troll"
"Forum Troll"

Post by OconeeOrange » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:54 pm

radioeng2 wrote:Who will show up for CF15?
Mark, if I can get a room in your cabin, $$ sent to you right away.

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:05 pm

Hi Bill,

That'd be fun for sure, but we're already full up. As in two bedrooms and three to be there.

But don't let that slow you down. There's sure to be several openings. I'd see you doing well if Doug sets up like last year with a couple spots to fill. That'd be right next door, if set up like last year.

I'm looking forward to a music year. A very laid back time. More fires, more smores, more stories. Look forward to the great new music that seems to come up, and time with great people and great equipment.

Make it happen!!

Mark

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:32 am

Shortcake wrote: So, when do we reserve??????

Seems like we started trying to get pricing in about March maybe? Too early and they have trouble figuring out what to do.

Another month or so and we should start looking at occupancy probably.

It's going to be a great fest year!!

I worry that people (first timers) look at the big cabin prices on the web site and think it's too expensive. When you divide up with somebody, it can be much more reasonable. Plus, planning way ahead and budgeting for the event helps a lot too.

It kind of amazes me that the big cabins, like the one with the bunks downstairs, doesn't get really split up and filled up. Those would likely work out even cheaper yet than a two or three way split. The sleeping hours is the last concern for the time to me. I look forward to the mornings on the deck, with a great cup of coffee and looking forward to a whole 'nother day of doing nothing with great people and great music!

Mark

fill35U
M-400t CUBE

Post by fill35U » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:04 am

radioeng2 wrote: I worry that people (first timers) look at the big cabin prices on the web site and think it's too expensive. When you divide up with somebody, it can be much more reasonable. Plus, planning way ahead and budgeting for the event helps a lot too.
You're absolutely right, Mark! At least in my case. I've thought several times about going, but the price in addition to travel expenses and time off from work have been prohibitive.
It kind of amazes me that the big cabins, like the one with the bunks downstairs, doesn't get really split up and filled up. Those would likely work out even cheaper yet than a two or three way split. The sleeping hours is the last concern for the time to me. I look forward to the mornings on the deck, with a great cup of coffee and looking forward to a whole 'nother day of doing nothing with great people and great music!
I agree with this, too! I wouldn't mind splitting the cost and sharing one of those big rooms with five or ten other people. I can function without sleep, but I'd be bringing my girl and a grouchy sleep-deprived redhead is dangerous! So the accommodations can't be *too* raucous...

Is there a particular cabin/signup for those of us who want to "slum" it?
Living room system: TGP IV, TX-8r, TD-1400, PT-2400(x6), PM-1.5a(x3), TFM-45(x2), TFM-55, Silver Amazings Mk IV

Spares/projects: C-9, M-400, PM-350(x2), M-1.5t(x2), PT-2400(x2-1/2), PT-1800(x4), TGP I, Architectural True Sub, pm420

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:32 pm

fill35U wrote: Is there a particular cabin/signup for those of us who want to "slum" it?
Someone else could perhaps add in some detail, but I think those bunks were used once. Isn't that in Cabin 5?

Each cabin has been on a case by case basis. Someone takes the lead and usually looks to have another bedroom filled or two depending on the cabin size. In my case, from what I've seen, a week on average (if there is such a thing), runs about $900-1000 and the two weeks about $1500. That's for a full bedroom and a full split of cabin costs. Then add on your food which could vary your price quite a bit depending on your habits and how much you split that up but another $100 or so a week. You have to work that out with whoever your making arrangements with.

Now if a big place could be divided up even more, I'd suspect you could pull those numbers down a far amount. A single guy bunking might cut that in half. But that'd require somebody making the cabin booking and then finding folks for the bedrooms that are there (probably at a greater share of the cost) and then those that want to just bunk. Seems like it was 6 bunks in Cabin 5 and maybe three bedrooms. Heck, that could wind up being downright affordable if pretty filled up.

The Cabin folks don't make individual arrangements like that. Somebody has to do the place in their name, even if an even split is arranged prior for like a 2 bedroom. Like last year, Doug booked and had a couple open bedrooms he was looking for folks to split cost on. A little prior agreement and help with sharing food costs if cooking together, and this doesn't have to be crazy expensive. When going with a spouse, it's either get in line early for a small place or look to nab a bedroom situation in a split with somebody. A lot of folks have done a treehouse the first year and then find somebody they don't mind sharing with. Though, I think the treehouse may be a bit more expensive than a split situation.

In my case, I lay money aside a little each month for the year to cover it. Then a run a week to the store for food. All I have to have is nothing big or bad happen with work and I'm in for a great and unforgettable time.

In the beginning, food costs were split and folks got together for meals. But after growing real quick to more than just a few people, that got too hard. No common hall to do food prep is kind of a problem. Though, I think people enjoy the getting together aspect of that time, it's just easier to do your own thing since each cabin has a nice kitchen and all the hardware. Just bring your own software (food).

It'd be really great to see you get it worked out. Everybody will do what they can to help get something figured out. Kind of just a matter of putting it out there and working out something for a split....or committing to one of the available smaller places. Last year I tried to keep putting up the list of bookings. It starts with whoever had the places the previous year and who has spoken for what, added on to that as people can commit with the actual bookings. The cabin folks let us take the lead on figuring it all out, as that helps them maximize the dollars which in turn helps keep the costs as reasonable as it can be.

This far in advance is a great time to be looking at this and figuring out what fits for you. It's such a great vacation. You can decide for yourself how much you want to stay in your place, how much you want to go visit the surrounding area and how much you want to go visit with or listen to somebody system. So it's a vacation, with the bonus of great people....and Bob!

Mark

fill35U
M-400t CUBE

Post by fill35U » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:43 pm

Lots of good info there, Mark! =D> Thanks for taking the time to write such a long and detailed reply.

I'll keep an eye on the bookings, because I'd love to make this happen!
Living room system: TGP IV, TX-8r, TD-1400, PT-2400(x6), PM-1.5a(x3), TFM-45(x2), TFM-55, Silver Amazings Mk IV

Spares/projects: C-9, M-400, PM-350(x2), M-1.5t(x2), PT-2400(x2-1/2), PT-1800(x4), TGP I, Architectural True Sub, pm420

Return to “CARVERFEST 2015”