Carverfest Food Thread

9th Annual CarverFest Sep 9-23
Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Carverfest Food Thread

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:57 pm

Sadly this comes too late for my friends from the 'Burgh but with some urging from other long time CF attendees I have been chosen to speak out on the food issue. Carverfest has grown so large The Watershed has no place our group can gather for meals. In 2008 James and Tom Reitz put together the Fest for the ages. Look through the threads. We ate like Kings. I for one would like to see it go back to that level of planning. BUT....Tom isn't around and the facility cannot support that kind undertaking. That said, where do we go from here? Like most folks I have to keep CF spending within my budget. Last year I threw in with the Cabin 11 guys, but that is not an option this year. I have worked on some recipes that I would like to have Y'all try and will make that announcement in the coming weeks.

It has been suggested that anyone who has/will choose to feed the masses should post it here so there is NO mistaking your intent. ALL 'whole mountain invites' shall include EVERYONE. We don't want anyone to feel left out and I believe group meals foster a lot of goodwill..especially with some of the new folks that have mentioned an interest in joining out mad little group.

Trust me when I say I know how much work it is to feed the small army that attends CarverFest....and how much it costs. We would like to make certain no one is put out/offended or the like over the lack of meal planning.

Mark your calendars boys and girls, the first Friday of the Fest you dine with me. Please RSVP so I can get a headcount now. I need to know how many mouths I'm gonna feed.

ray

Feel free to jump in if you like. Or not....as the notion strikes you.
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Re: Carverfest Food Thread

Post by frenchguy » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:46 pm

Ray, Melody & I will be there, Brian dont get there till the 14th & frankie dont get there till the 16th so they will miss it! I will have a pizza night for dinner for anyone that wants to come! 8) I am not sure what night that will be but thinking after F&B get there!
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:11 am

Thanks for starting this thread Ray. I'll attend your meal on the first Friday, so please consider me RSVP'd.

I'll be hosting a meal on the evening of the 18th or 19th, when most everyone will be there. Have not decided on what the meal will be yet. Everyone please plan to attend :)

Al, in another thread you asked for volunteers to help with making pizzas. I'll be glad to do whatever you need.
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:58 am

Terri and I won't be arriving until about the 16th or 17th (depending on Kingman's booking) for a long weekend. Therefore, we will be unable to attend Ray's get together. :( However, we will be up for Doug and Al's feast. :D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:30 am

Ray,

We will be delighted to join in on the first Friday night. My sister and her spouse will be with us so there will be a total of 4.

Ed and Randi

sea
TFM-35

Post by sea » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:44 am

Randi and I are planning a low country boil on the first Sunday night. If you don't know this is shrimp, new potatoes, corn on cob, seasoning etc boiled together in a huge pot. We will also grill chicken for any that might not like or be able to eat shell fish.

Please rsvp so I will know how many pounds of shrimp to cook.

Randi and are both very excited to get to know all of you better. Thank you for welcoming us into the group.

Ed

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 am

Ed, Melody & I will be happy to come & thanks for help! =D> 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Hoo...boy is this a welcome sight! =D> A food thread!!

This means ol' Al finally got us stirred up and the time is getting closer! When we start talking food then it must mean CarverFest time is approaching! Woo-Hoo!! 8)

Ray...I like the idea of posting the everybody events here. Sometimes smaller gatherings occur and sometimes 'Y'all are welcome" goes out to all. It'd be nice to know it's planned for and not show up at somebodies when there isn't really a plan for all. I've shared food with others many times and certainly gotten some really fine cooking coming my way in return too. It's actually one of the really great parts of CF. Stirrin' up some food and setting down and eating and visiting. It's really what it's all about after all. We remember the great sounds, but never forget the great people.

I was shocked and horrified to hear that the word to go down to #11 and partake in some fabulous food may not have really been intended as a for everybody event. What can you do or say two or three years later when you find that out? That blew my mind...as it was all over as an event for all! Man...what a screw up! And most certainly not intended on my part or I'm sure anybody else's either. It was just that the word went out.

"Food for everybody down at...." (fill in the blank)...goes out and how are you to know if it's really intended that way or if it really turns out that it wasn't designed to be? I have no doubt that anybody will feed anybody, but on the other hand it's nice to know if you're really invited or if somebody is really equipped and prepared to host everybody! Doug prepared and posted he was doing the big event last year and I thought it was one of the big highlights of the year! What an event it was! I don't know how he had room to bring down everything for that and still bring equipment too. But that's what effort and planning can do I suppose.

So if we can post here, like you're saying Ray, maybe that'd be a way to do some gatherings and break bread together, yet allow plans to be made so it can be pulled of well. I'd be glad to create a list here of what's happening and try to help track the count. Maybe that'd help. The cabins just have so much seating and kitchen room and plates and so on, it takes effort and planning to get more than a handful together.

So much to look forward to!! CF15 is going to be the real deal!! As I've been saying...This...this is the year of "The Fest"! ...maybe "The Feast" too! :lol:

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:04 pm

sea wrote:Randi and I are planning a low country boil on the first Sunday night. If you don't know this is shrimp, new potatoes, corn on cob, seasoning etc boiled together in a huge pot. We will also grill chicken for any that might not like or be able to eat shell fish.

Please rsvp so I will know how many pounds of shrimp to cook.

Randi and are both very excited to get to know all of you better. Thank you for welcoming us into the group.

Ed
Thanks for the offer Ed. I'll be there! Please put me down in the chicken column. It's going to be a great time!

Mark

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:06 pm

helicopterpilotdoug wrote:Thanks for starting this thread Ray. I'll attend your meal on the first Friday, so please consider me RSVP'd.

I'll be hosting a meal on the evening of the 18th or 19th, when most everyone will be there. Have not decided on what the meal will be yet. Everyone please plan to attend :)

Al, in another thread you asked for volunteers to help with making pizzas. I'll be glad to do whatever you need.
Count me in Doug! Please don't over do it...make sure you get the chance to enjoy the time there. Many thanks!

Mark

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:36 pm

Count me in on all invitations and thank you one and all.
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

helicopterpilotdoug
(pair of) SILVER-7t's

Post by helicopterpilotdoug » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:54 am

hewlew1 wrote:Count me in on all invitations and thank you one and all.
Hope y'all have another "Lasagna Cook Off" down your way again this year Harry. That was a lot of fun and some great eats!!!
Sunfire: Theater Grand IV, Cinema Grand Signature.
Carver: TFM-45, PST-24 Cassette, Extra Carver Gear: CT-6, C-11 (S/N 00001).
Polk Audio: Mains SRS 2.1TL, Center CSiA6, Surrounds FXiA6 and FXiA4, Sub DSW MicroPro 1000, Extra Speakers SDA 2A, SDA 2Btl, Monitor 10A.
Turntable: Dual CS 714Q
Bluray/SACD: Oppo BDP 83SE
CD: Sony 330 300 Disk changer

http://www.douglasconnection.com

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:05 pm

I'm in on the lasagna cook-off if y'all will let me in.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:14 pm

I am down for another lasagna bake off. Yes ray you can bake too. Anybody else up for the challenge?
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:15 pm

you guys need me to find the tomato sauce for ya? :rolleyes: :lol:

Return to “CARVERFEST 2015”