Martin1970
TFM-35

Re: Carverfest Food Thread

Post by Martin1970 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:52 pm

I'd like to RSVP for
OTD's Wed 16th Fajita Feast,
(Anything planned on Thu 17th?)
Big Al's Pizza Party on Fri 18th,
and Saturday at the Park on sat 19th (have we decided this yet?)
would LOVE to do the lasagna on Sun 19th but checkout is by 11am
put me down as a remote maybe....

I'm hitting the grocery store (Publix)
before I leave Savannah on Wednesday (16th).
If anyone thinks they'll need provisions,
let me know by Tuesday (15th) and I can pick some things up
The selection and prices are a bit better down here.
Carverfest 10: Celebrating the life of our TNRabbit

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:02 pm

The big question is Martin....are you bringing a rig? Forget food...bring music, tunes, jams, dits and dahs, 1's and 0's!

This is gonna be one more cool for this year!!

Mark
I was there "At the Fest!" Hope you were too!

DaveS
The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post by DaveS » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:32 pm

Count me in for anything ToyMaker and group is in for, weather it be eating or prepping.
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:03 pm

Whatever you do...do not...and I mean DO NOT...if you see Ray's booze...mess with it! Don't even touch it. Don't slide over the jug if it's in the way. Don't touch it! You've been warned!!

You don't wantta get...THE LOOK!

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Getting down to the last couple of weeks before fest time! \:D/ We have a little bit to get wrapped up on the food events yet. No commitments on the Saturday in the Park fest have been registered for one.

Long lists of people have signed up for these generous offers for meals. Now those that spoke up have to figure out how to make it happen. HELP THEM! Offer up something specific here....send them a PM and ask how you can help...it'll be more fun for all with helping hands.

We were talking just the other day about the first couple years with organized food for all and how it had successes and troubles. One trouble is the physicals you have at each cabin. Only one stove for instance...and how additional kitchens appliances got into the act and food shuttled from kitchen to kitchen. Electric hot plates were also a huge addition for getting stuff done in those first years!

You also only have so many plates and silverware at each! We used to have a real mess trying to get the count back to correct at each cabin! One place would wind up with 17 coffee cups and another would have 3 spoons at the end. Can I recommend some plastic ware and disposable plates for those hosting? You do have stuff at each cabin to use, but sometimes it can be a bit unpredictable what. Some real "extra's" may be there but always seems like your missing something you'd think would be automatic too.

Time to throw up questions about how to do all this....this thread is open for working out details now before the food stays cold....

Here is the latest I have on the food commitments...please RSVP!

Eaten Events List CF 15
A list of the Volunteer Eaten Events for CF 15 and RSVP's

Toymaker World Famous Chicken Parmesan Date Open
Your Host is James / Evelyn - Location Cabin #12 - Time N/A
RSVP Count - 10
Radioeng2 Mark
OldTexasDog James / Susan (date?)
Hewlew1 Harry
Sea Ed / Randi
Frenchguy Al / Melody
Zoot Horn George / Janice

Magnaryder Ray's Flippin Feast Friday Sep 11
Your Host is Ray - Location N/A - Time N/A
RSVP Count - 16
Frenchguy Al / Melody – Carrot Cake
Sea Ed / Randi + 2 – Chocolate Custard
Hewlew1 Harry – Chocolate Custard
Radioeng2 Mark – Carrot Cake
Eddie
Toymaker James / Evelyn / Alex / Jessica / DaveS

Zoot Horn’s Snob Hill Wedding Soup Affair Saturday Sep12th
Your Host is George / Janice - Location Cabin #3 - Time N/A No valet service provided
RSVP Count - 5
Radioeng2 Mark
Sea Ed / Randi + 2

Sea Low Country Boil Sunday Sep 13th
Your Host is Ed & Randi - Location Cabin #8 - Time N/A
RSVP Count - 15
Frenchguy Al / Melody
Radioeng2 Mark
Hewlew1 Harry
Eddie
Magnaryder Ray
OldTexasDog James / Susan

OldTexasDog Fajita Feast Wed Sep 16th
Your Host is James & Susan - Location Treehouse C - Time N/A
RSVP Count - 24
BrianT
Radioeng2 Mark
Hewlew1 Harry
FrankieD
Sea Ed / Randi
Frenchguy Al / Melody
Magnaryder Ray
Eddie
Kingman Wayne / Tammy
Don / Terri
BobSmi57 Bob / Carol
Martin

FrenchGuy Big Al's Pizza Party Friday Sep 18th
Your Host is Al & Melody - Location Cabin #5 – 6:00PM
RSVP Count - 21
Don / Terri
Hewlew1 Harry
Eddie
Radioeng2 Mark
Sea Ed / Randi
BrianT
FrankieD
Magnaryder Ray
MRHP Eric / Laurie Ann
BobSmi57 Bob / Carol
Martin

Saturday In The Park with Carverfest Banner Signing – Saturday Sep 19th 12 Noon
Food To Be Determined

The Great Lasagna Bakeoff Sunday Sep 20th
Your Host is Harry, Mark & CarolLee - Location Cabin #10 - Time 6:30pm
Contestants - Magnaryder Ray - Hewlew1 Harry - Shortcake CarolLee
RSVP Count - 17
Radioeng2 Mark
Frenchguy Al / Melody
FrankieD
Magnaryder Ray
Eddie
Randi / Mom
BobSmi57 Bob / Carol

oldtexasdog
M-400t CUBE

Post by oldtexasdog » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Well I plan on buying disposable plates and ware for my throw down as most of it except the Guac,rice, and beans is finger food. I will have some big bowls for much of the fore mentioned along with the salsa and pico, along with a large serving dish for the rice and guac.
I am not familiar with the actual accommodations, and the layout to entertain 24 guest??? Originally Doug had offered his digs, but as I understand he will unfortunately for us, and himself, will not be able to attend. (Take care of yourself buddy!!)

So if any one that has been there and knows the layout at Tree House C,- I am all ears. I believe all I need for the cook up will be 2 or 3 grills and one oven and a microwave, along with a lot of ice and cups, and a couple of blenders for libations. I will bring my sharp knifes and a large chopping board which will need space for as near as I can figure about 12-15 lbs of chicken and beef, but is there room to set the food out and for everyone to circulate and eat-buffet picnic style??

Thanks for any input that will make it easier.

Rock and Load Brothers \:D/ \:D/
There are two holes in Daddy's head where all the money goes.

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:15 pm

What I recall (it's been about 7 years since I stayed in a Treehouse) is it had a smallish table against the front window/wall. Like might have had three tall chairs and might have been not much more than a square. I doubt, if I'm recalling right, it'd be big enough. The kitchen counter is much bigger, but you'll need some space for other work. I'd think we'd be better outside with a table, even if a temporary one, or moving to another cabin.

Checking the lists, with dates made from comments, it looks like you've got a couple days to get it figured out after you get there. I may be able to snag a 6ft fold up table from work...one of those white plastic composite kind of things. Maybe if one or two of those kind of things get there, we can move them between events and help out.

Something else it might good for folks to bring would be there own folding or camping chairs. That'd help a lot for each event!

Mark

frenchguy
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by frenchguy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:23 pm

oldtexasdog wrote:Well I plan on buying disposable plates and ware for my throw down as most of it except the Guac,rice, and beans is finger food. I will have some big bowls for much of the fore mentioned along with the salsa and pico, along with a large serving dish for the rice and guac.
I am not familiar with the actual accommodations, and the layout to entertain 24 guest??? Originally Doug had offered his digs, but as I understand he will unfortunately for us, and himself, will not be able to attend. (Take care of yourself buddy!!)

So if any one that has been there and knows the layout at Tree House C,- I am all ears. I believe all I need for the cook up will be 2 or 3 grills and one oven and a microwave, along with a lot of ice and cups, and a couple of blenders for libations. I will bring my sharp knifes and a large chopping board which will need space for as near as I can figure about 12-15 lbs of chicken and beef, but is there room to set the food out and for everyone to circulate and eat-buffet picnic style??

Thanks for any input that will make it easier.

Rock and Load Brothers \:D/ \:D/
OTD, you can have the fajita feast at cabin 5, it is the closest cabin to your treehouse & has a huge deck so it will work out the best for all of us, only thing is, we will have to haul a few more grills over from other cabins but that wont be a problem. I will supply napkins as I have a huge stockpile as I work in a papermill so dont buy any of those! 8)
Carver Silver 7t mono blocks, Carver M-4.0t & 2 tfm 42,s. ct-6 & ct-17, sda390t,TX11 tuner, jolida jd 100A. JBL L96 & JBL 4401,s W/Ribbon Tweeters, Dared SL-2000A tube preamp, Dared MP-5BT Integrated vacuum tube amp, 2 sets of Carver Amazing Silver speakers, oak & black. Carver Cinema 5.1 subwoofer & Tesla audio Carverfest satellite ribbon speakers & stands & Douglas connection cables

Toy Maker
Puppet Master

Post by Toy Maker » Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:34 pm

Mark... you may be doing it on purpose, so there's more for you, but I see a few names missing from the wedding soup night.

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:07 pm

Yea like mine
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Magnaryder
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Magnaryder » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:48 am

Mark, please update the RSVP above in this thread. It appears you may have CCd an earlier post.

ray
Magnaryder

Its going to be used equipment when I sell it, so it may as well be used equipment when I buy it.

"Racing is life, the rest of the time you're just sitting around."-Steve McQueen

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:28 pm

Yes the list is always a repost with any additional RSVP's added each time.

I can't possibly, accurately go back through and read every post in the thread and guess at comments as to whether you'll be interested in another later addition to the food list. The George wing-ding came up later than many peoples comments. It would not be appropriate for me to just randomly add peoples names as RSVP'd to that event. You might not like the offering or have other plans, like to go to town and eat or something. I can't know if a "put me down for all food events" comment from 6 weeks ago also applies to this particular meal. If you want to attend, you must say so and not expect me to back through the thread and figure out if your likely to want to go.

You must post your RSVP and then I add it to the list.

I'll take the expression of interest from James and Harry as RSVP's to add the Toymaker clan (and DaveS) and Harry as wishing to RSVP'd to the George affair.

Uh...huh. I'm a bitch this week. Behind the 8 ball this time of the year each and every year. This is the last Boomsday (they say) so I'll be much less pressured next year at this time. Nothing like a performance for an anticipated half a million people to put you under the gun!

So please state your interest in any event if your name isn't there or correct if something is in error or plans have changed. Some very generous folks have offered meals to the group and we need to help...including letting them know who plans to come. I'm just compiling the list so nobody has to go back through whole bunch of pages trying to count. I try to update whenever there is enough activity, so I'll try to tonight or tomorrow.

Please RSVP if you want to go to the swag event at George's. He's a sensitive guy and we don't want to hurt his feelings with a low count and high turn out!

Mark

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:31 pm

Well thank you Markie,,, my feelings are still hurt when you snapped at me last year,, but do not worry,,, I have some special soup just for you 8)

radioeng2
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by radioeng2 » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:38 pm

Zoot Horn wrote:Well thank you Markie,,, my feelings are still hurt when you snapped at me last year,, but do not worry,,, I have some special soup just for you 8)
Ouch. I did? I'll have to bring a Snoopy bandaid to fix that!

I'll be a new man (hah!) when I get out from under this first of Sep pressure cooker of each year! Challenge is fun, but it tends to put a guy thru it!

You probably can't remember those days any more George....

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:53 pm

Hang in there buddy,, soon all of your stress will be floating away ,,, oh wait,, then there is Harry!

Return to “CARVERFEST 2015”