carverfest 2015 pics

9th Annual CarverFest Sep 9-23
Jazzman53
M-400t CUBE

Re: carverfest 2015 pics

Post by Jazzman53 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:01 am

Hi All,

Back at work at 5AM this morning after a fabulous long weekend at Carverfest. And I’m again reminded that the enduring things in life are memories made with good friends.

I plan to surprise my girlfriend Li (a.k.a. China doll) next weekend with the Carverfest speakers (+amp/pre/tuner) and exploit same for benefits not to be mentioned here.

It’s apparent that James put a lot of planning and effort into making the Carverfest speakers available. Thank you James!

Maybe next year I can do a full week at Carverfest and bring the beam-splitter electrostats. I’ve posted plans for those online but as far as I know I still have the only pair (with the beam-splitter) in existence and Martin is the only other CarverSite/CarverAudio member who’s heard them.

I would love to offer some small, inexpensive ESL kits for a future Carverfest build but I lack James’ where-with-all to do it and, besides that, the words “small” and “ESL” just don’t belong together in the same sentence. I’m afraid anything I could devise would necessarily be big and not cheap, and a smallish hybrid would have to be bi-amp’d with an active X-over (I’m not smart enough to design a passive one for such radical capacitive impedance).

I didn’t visit every cabin this year but, of the systems I heard, Ed’s Amazings were most impressive. And of the DIY setups, it was a tossup between Mark’s way-tall line array and Eric’s open baffle Hi-Vi FR’s. And of course; Martin’s out-of-control rampage with the big Sunfires driving Wayne's little Carverfest speakers was unquestionably the LOUDEST.

See you all again next year!

Charlie

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Jazzman53 wrote:Hi All,

Back at work at 5AM this morning after a fabulous long weekend at Carverfest. And I’m again reminded that the enduring things in life are memories made with good friends.

I plan to surprise my girlfriend Li (a.k.a. China doll) next weekend with the Carverfest speakers (+amp/pre/tuner) and exploit same for benefits not to be mentioned here.

It’s apparent that James put a lot of planning and effort into making the Carverfest speakers available. Thank you James!

Maybe next year I can do a full week at Carverfest and bring the beam-splitter electrostats. I’ve posted plans for those online but as far as I know I still have the only pair (with the beam-splitter) in existence and Martin is the only other CarverSite/CarverAudio member who’s heard them.

I would love to offer some small, inexpensive ESL kits for a future Carverfest build but I lack James’ where-with-all to do it and, besides that, the words “small” and “ESL” just don’t belong together in the same sentence. I’m afraid anything I could devise would necessarily be big and not cheap, and a smallish hybrid would have to be bi-amp’d with an active X-over (I’m not smart enough to design a passive one for such radical capacitive impedance).

I didn’t visit every cabin this year but, of the systems I heard, Ed’s Amazings were most impressive. And of the DIY setups, it was a tossup between Mark’s way-tall line array and Eric’s open baffle Hi-Vi FR’s. And of course; Martin’s out-of-control rampage with the big Sunfires driving Wayne's little Carverfest speakers was unquestionably the LOUDEST.

See you all again next year!

Charlie

Charlie,

Great to see you again. Terri and I will pop in Savannah next month on our way to Highlands for a visit with Martin and you. Wish to get an ear on your stats.

Yes, Kingman's Carverfest speakers were, no question about it, raising the roof on cabin #9. :lol:
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:55 pm

A late night visitor to cabin 10. Someone asked for Styx?

Eddie, guess he came for you?
Attachments
IMG_20150920_213356.jpg
IMG_20150920_213142.jpg
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

MRHP
SILVER-7t

Post by MRHP » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:30 pm

Eddie wrote:Hey Eric did you run off with my tubes? LOL!
I was just going to break them in for you and then send them back.... :-"
TFM-75 serial #0001
PT-2400 serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0001
Baby Black Magic serial #0002
Cherry/260wpc Mono Blocks
Lightstar Reference
Sunfire Series II 625x2
Carver 490t
OPPO-103
Lucas Labs CF-14
Sunfire Tube pre
DENON DP-62L TT
DUAL CS 5000 TT
DQ-20's
Tesla CF-15 speakers
Douglas Cables
OK ERIC, LET GO OF THE MOUSE AND BACK AWAY FROM YOUR PC WITH YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR. NOW SLOWLY LAY FACE DOWN ON THE FLOOR!!!! - Snoop65

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Still working on last day here
Attachments
IMG_20150922_133805.jpg
IMG_20150922_133810.jpg
IMG_20150922_133828.jpg
IMG_20150922_133845.jpg
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything.” ― Plato

TNRabbit
R.I.P. Friend
R.I.P. Friend

Post by TNRabbit » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:46 pm

I had a truly fantastic week at CF this year! HUGE thanks to Ed (sea) &Randi who put me up & fed me all week.

It was great to see old friends & meet new ones. Carverfest started out in 2006 as a group of audio afficienados enjoying music & systems & while it is still about that, it's become MUCH more. I consider many to be lifelong friends. It's an AWESOME recharge from the daily grind of life~

Thanks to all who cooked meals during the fest. James (oldtexasdog), Ray (magnaryder), James (Toy Maker) & crew, Al (frenchguy) & Mel (WI Cheese Queen), Greg (nahash5150) & Jenny (Raven) to name a few.

It was great to finally meet Travis (trav810), Brian (Bman), Charlie (jazzman) & Barry (BarryG) and to see old friends including James (Toy Maker) & family, Ray (magnaryder), Don & Terri, Martin 1970, FrankieD, Eddie, the Bobfather & Peggy, Al & Mel, Steve (stevek), RobertR, Ed (sea) & Randi + family, Eric (MRHP) & Laurie Ann, Wayne (kingman) & Tammy, CarolLee (Shortcake), Harry (f*ckinf*cker~), Mark (radioeng) & others I can't remember at the moment.

Thanks to everyone who came & to those who didn't, you truly don't know what you're missing!!
Last edited by TNRabbit on Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TNRabbit

From FrankieD's lips to your ears: Sunfire - a quiet box of endless power.

Sunfire TG-IV/400~7 Amp
Carver SD/A-360 CDP
Benchmark DAC-1
Sony SACD/DVD-A
Active bi-amp: Ashly XR-1001 & 2 Rane PEQ-15s
Main: HotRodded AL-IIIs
Sub: Klipsch RT-12d
Center: Sunfire CRS-3c
Surround: Sunfire CRS-3 (x 2)

OconeeOrange wrote:"Gary likes to play it 'loud' as do I. His system begs you turn it up until you die"

RIP WIlliam B. Dibble, 1948-2012. I'll miss you my friend.

Shortcake
SILVER-7t

Post by Shortcake » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:17 pm

Melody's cabin 10 surprise
Attachments
IMG_20150922_185846.jpg
IMG_20150922_190048.jpg
IMG_20150922_190035.jpg
IMG_20150922_185846.jpg
IMG_20150922_190213.jpg

kingman
(pair of) SILVER-7 TUBE AMPs

Post by kingman » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:52 pm

TNRabbit wrote:I had a truly fantastic week at CF this year! HUGE thanks to Ed (sea) &Randi who put me up & fed me all week.

It was great to see old friends & meet new ones. Carverfest started out in 2006 as a group of audio afficienados enjoying music & systems & while it is still about that, it's become MUCH more. I consider many to be lifelong friends. It's an AWESOME recharge from the daily grind of life~

Thanks to all who cooked meals during the fest. James (oldtexasdog), Ray (magnaryder), James (Toy Maker) & crew, Al (frenchguy) & Mel (WI Cheese Queen), Greg (nahash5150) & Jenny (Raven) to name a few.

It was great to finally meet Travis (trav810), Brian (Bman), Charlie (jazzman) & Barry (BarryG) and to see old friends including James (Toy Maker) & family, Ray (magnaryder), Don & Terri, Martin 1970, FrankieD, Eddie, the Bobfather & Peggy, Al & Mel, Steve (stevek), RobertR, Ed (sea) & Randi + family, Eric (MRHP) & Laurie Ann, Wayne (kingman) & Tammy, CarolLee (Shortcake), Harry (f*ckinf*cker~), Mark (radioeng) & others I can't remember at the moment.

Thanks to everyone who came & to those who didn't, you truly don't know what you're missing!!
Great seeing you this year Gary and for being a large part in getting my speakers together! Every year seems to get better and better. I don't know why anyone would have second thoughts about wanting to attend unless time and financial restraints occur. Ask anyone who has attended....they all want to come back and most want to stay longer. It's nice to see newbies from the Carversite attending. If a song could describe it, it would be "We are family"!
In reality, it only matters what it sounds like to YOU!!!

hewlew1
"You Fuckin' Fucks"

Post by hewlew1 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:52 pm

This is our last night here. Our new friend Smoky Lamar is sleeping with us as he does not want us to leave either.
IMG_20150922_233102.jpg
"Carver Audio, why settle for less, just ask my neighbors"
C1,C2,CT3,CT6,CT7/3,CT23,CT26,C4000,The Receiver,M500,M500T/6,M1.5T,TFM24/2,TFM/25/3,TFM35,TFM35X,TFM42/2,DTL200,TDR1700,DPL20,TX11/2, 5.2Center,5.1Sub/3,Original Amazings,Platinum Amazings/2,AL3'S,Polk SDA SRS, Polk SDA 1C's, Polk RTA11's, Polk Monitor 10's/2 ,Monitor 7's, Sunfire 300x2 /5, Sunfire pre, Sunfire MK2 Sub/2, 4 Carverfest monoblocks, Carverfest linestage preamp/2, Mapletree Audio Designs Tube Preamp,Phase Linear Andromeda III speakers, Phase Linear 4000 Preamp, Dahlquist DQ-10's
CERTIFIED AMPLE PLIERS EXPERT
Some of the best fuckings we get during our lifetime come from a relative!
I don't kiss ass, I dont take peoples shit, so dont expect it from me!

Zoot Horn
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Zoot Horn » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:39 pm

I knew you had a soft spot Harry!

DaveS
The OverLord of CarverAudio.com

Post by DaveS » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:54 pm

Weds. Sunset cabin 12 IMG_0115.JPG
The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government - lest it come to dominate our lives and interests”.
- Patrick Henry

Don
SILVER-7 TUBE AMP

Post by Don » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:47 pm

Eric, Terri and Wayne putting an ear to Wayne's carverfest speakers at Martin's pad.
Attachments
2015-09-19 21.58.56.jpg
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.
— Thomas Paine

"Try not to become a man of success, but rather a man of value" Albert Einstein

"Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them". Charlie Reese

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living." Brad Shurett

"Kindness is a language that the Deaf can hear and the Blind can see." Mark Twain

RIP BILL D. RIP WRABBIT

Return to “CARVERFEST 2015”